Just Joined The Type R Club This Week

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats!! How you liking it? I'm a club member sometime in April... Championship White too! :thumbsup:

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
How about a mini-review of your impressions? I am always interested in hearing an owner's initial reaction.

Z0SO

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2008 Jeep Rubicon
Congrats! I'm picking mine up tomorrow at 1100am, we will be Championship White twins!

OP
OP
Anthracer12

Anthracer12

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Any big plans for the car?
For right now nothing major. Just little tweaks here and there. IMO it doesn't really need much; it's a really strong car even when it's bone stock. But who knows......;)

OP
OP
Anthracer12

Anthracer12

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
How about a mini-review of your impressions? I am always interested in hearing an owner's initial reaction.
First impressions are really positive. Coming from a Miata, the power that the Type R puts down is pretty impressive. The thing just keeps accelerating and accelerating hard. The interior is nicely done and pretty comfortable/accommodating for being so racy. Love the adjustable suspension and all the customizable features on the infotainment screen and the gauge cluster. The transmission shifts really well and the clutch is super light. Not many negatives really. I wish the visibility out of the rear window was maybe a little better, but it is a hatch and that seems to be a common problem across the board with hatchbacks. TPMS seems to be a little finicky too. Other than that I really like it so far and enjoy driving it as much as possible.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
TPMS seems to be a little finicky too.
It scared me that TPMS went off on my way home from the dealer (~20 miles away). Since the car only had 6 miles on the lot, apparently it needed to calibrate since it's rotational and not the TPMS sensor that I'm used to.

Sure would have been nice to be told that by the dealer on the walk-around.

OP
OP
Anthracer12

Anthracer12

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It scared me that TPMS went off on my way home from the dealer (~20 miles away). Since the car only had 6 miles on the lot, apparently it needed to calibrate since it's rotational and not the TPMS sensor that I'm used to.

Sure would have been nice to be told that by the dealer on the walk-around.
Yea the dealer kind of let me know about it before I drove it off the lot so I wasn't too worried about it. Just casually mentioned it in passing really. It's just an annoyance. It seems to have calibrated itself after I reset it a few times. All good now.

Z0SO

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2008 Jeep Rubicon
Yea the dealer kind of let me know about it before I drove it off the lot so I wasn't too worried about it. Just casually mentioned it in passing really. It's just an annoyance. It seems to have calibrated itself after I reset it a few times. All good now.
Im picking mine up tomorrow, any tips or insight so Im not perplexed as I leave the lot?

OP
OP
Anthracer12

Anthracer12

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Im picking mine up tomorrow, any tips or insight so Im not perplexed as I leave the lot?
Nothing really in particular. Mine did not come with the Owner's Manual CD, just the Warranty information one. Don't know if that was the dealer's fault or not but I just downloaded the one from the link on the forum here and it's just fine. I would just say take some time and play around with the "Settings" options on the home page of the infotainment screen. There are a lot of customizable features that you can tailor to your preferences but none of them really have to be done before you bring the car home (I did it all while in my garage at home away from the "helpful" sales associates at the dealer). The TPMS is calibrated easily enough, but you'll probably have to do it at least twice before the system is good to go. Other than that just enjoy it. Oh yeah, and try to get used to the electronic parking brake; that's gonna take some time for me.
Sponsored