Just installed a Hasport RMM - WOW!

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
I just installed a Hasport (durometer 62a) rear motor mount to my R and I was VERY impressed with the significant improvement to the wheel hop and how little NVH it has added to my car. Install was a joke, took no effort to put in as long as you lubed up the big end that goes into the rear engine subframe with some silicone grease and used a soft hammer or block to tap the mount in. When I started up my engine I was surprised to hear a visceral "rumble" in the car and you'd think that I had installed an aftermarket exhaust on my car! It definitely adds some NVH to the car but on the R it seems to vibrate most when starting out in 1st gear in the sub 2K rpms. At cruising speeds you can feel some engine harmonics through the steering wheel but nothing that would drive me crazy. I was lucky enough to get it off a local member on CivicX so I saved big time on the purchase price - Kudos to him for helping me out.

For those that are wondering about the RMM upgrade definitely consider doing it using street rated bushings as it will add the least amount of NVH to your car.
Sponsored

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So would you consider it good for daily?

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had my Cusco in for a couple months now. I don't even notice it nowadays but it was a massive help to the feel of the car. No hop, just spin if the conditions and such warrant spin, and you can actually feel the road and the suspension a little better through the steering wheel, in my opinion.

Glad you like the HASport!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I just installed a Hasport (durometer 62a) rear motor mount to my R and I was VERY impressed with the significant improvement to the wheel hop and how little NVH it has added to my car. Install was a joke, took no effort to put in as long as you lubed up the big end that goes into the rear engine subframe with some silicone grease and used a soft hammer or block to tap the mount in. When I started up my engine I was surprised to hear a visceral "rumble" in the car and you'd think that I had installed an aftermarket exhaust on my car! It definitely adds some NVH to the car but on the R it seems to vibrate most when starting out in 1st gear in the sub 2K rpms. At cruising speeds you can feel some engine harmonics through the steering wheel but nothing that would drive me crazy. I was lucky enough to get it off a local member on CivicX so I saved big time on the purchase price - Kudos to him for helping me out.

For those that are wondering about the RMM upgrade definitely consider doing it using street rated bushings as it will add the least amount of NVH to your car.
What is NVH?

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
What is NVH?
Noise vibration harshness. Essentially the engine vibration is transmitted to the chassis through the mounts. Stiffer mounts carry more vibration which can be experienced in the cabin by increased noise and vibration.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Noise, vibration, and harshness. 3 factors that auto engineers consider when designing a vehicle to limit discomfort and cabin noise to the driver/passengers
thanks

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
I just got my car back with the hasport rear mount installed and the vibrations are pretty bad. I went with the 82A on mine.

I don't mind it though. haha. Makes the car feel way more .... direct. haha.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
got the 70a.... besides the vibrations starting from a dead stop in 1st, it's amazing.. the rumble is nice and i love it .. I DD my car and since i put it in I want to drive it even more (if that's possible)

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would say the 62A durometer mount is perfect for daily driving. It has just enough NVH to make it feel connected without being overly annoying. Highly recommended!

Vibrations mostly occur at idle and under 1800 rpm.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I would say the 62A durometer mount is perfect for daily driving. It has just enough NVH to make it feel connected without being overly annoying. Highly recommended!

Vibrations mostly occur at idle and under 1800 rpm.
but do you fee a difference in acceleration?

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes
Absolutely. It was able to put power to the pavement better without all the front end chattering I was experiencing with the stock mount. I am sure a stiffer mount would be even better but for my spirited driving habits that this was enough. I didn’t want too much NVH in my car.
Sponsored