Just installed 27Won W1 turbo!

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I'm debating this, but looking at the post with the fastest 1/4 mile times there are guys mid 12s on stock turbo while the fastest posted car with this turbo is in the 13s.
Driver and experience is probably the deciding factor there
Sponsored

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's awesome to hear. Its just another reason why I go with 27won. A lot of time and effort shows in the construction of their parts, installation instructions, research and build. On top of that, their customer service is outstanding.

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
I have a clutch, lsd, and turbo now! but its not installed yet hahah
anyways, does the non-si have 27won turbo base map in the ktuner?
Basemaps currently only available for Si unfortunately.. seems like alot of hatchback owners are interested in getting these basemaps developed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seriously we non si need basemaps

TopRAMEN

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Was the oil drain line gasket not included in the kit? Getting my W1 installed on the 6th. I thought everything needed was included...I still have mine in the box unopened.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed mine a week ago. Everything is in there. I followed the guide in 27won's site.

I started from 5 pm - 8:30 pm
Then 10 pm and finished at 1 am.
Guide was very helpful and clear.

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was the oil drain line gasket not included in the kit? Getting my W1 installed on the 6th. I thought everything needed was included...I still have mine in the box unopened.
No you need to reuse the existing oil drain thin metal gasket and be very careful not to bend it when removing it from the turbo. Its kind of tricky because it sticks so I used a flat screw driver to remove it but was not careful enough to be cautious not to bend it. Second time around I would use something thinner like a razor blade to remove it or just pre buy a new one from Honda dealer and use that instead.

Its this one -> https://www.maperformance.com/produ...t-2016-2019-honda-civic-1-5t-si-15544-59b-003

Last edited:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Marky, its been a year since you installed the turbo. How many miles did you do? Is everything holding up?

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Marky, its been a year since you installed the turbo. How many miles did you do? Is everything holding up?
This car is not my daily driver however I've put about 2k miles on the turbo and PRL - DP/FP/Intercooler/Race CAI and have been using the supplied tune in KTuner that matches this exact setup. I've gotten on it hard many times and as expected with the stock clutch it slips. So no unexpected issues at all, its been great.

Fast Forward to this week and I'm one step closer to finishing this project. I met with Bob owner at RCAutoworks in Bridgeview and talked about what I've done so far and the parts still remaining to be installed and the plan I have going fwd. I've been saving EMAN's retrofit clutch/Eibach front sway bar/Whiteline Endlinks/Magic Collar bushings/EMAN's clutch master cylinder/clutch braided hose to be installed at the same time. The install went great Bob's team really went the extra mile in terms of communication/updates and professionalism as well as attention to detail in terms of all connectors and clips being reinstalled and keeping everything clean. EMAN's clutch kit is super smooth and hardly discernible from the stock feel which is 100% what I was looking for. I was not interested in "Take a chance aftermarket clutch" which I feel is 50/50 on whether it will work or you will have issues.

I need to put 1000 break-in miles, driving normal on this clutch. Meanwhile that will give me time to install the 27WON Turbo Inlet Pipe and then I can finally go for the tune. Last 2 things to do are the steering wheel swap and the full Acuity Shifter mechanism that I got for Christmas but haven't installed yet. I was waiting until after the clutch got installed so I could feel the difference without too many outside parts changing and distracting from the overall feel.

I've changed my mind on the PRL E85 kit as its sitting brand new in the box still. Will be putting that up for sale soon.

So stay tuned as I'll update after I get the 1k miles + turbo inlet pipe installed as the final tune is next!! :)

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This car is not my daily driver however I've put about 2k miles on the turbo and PRL - DP/FP/Intercooler/Race CAI and have been using the supplied tune in KTuner that matches this exact setup. I've gotten on it hard many times and as expected with the stock clutch it slips. So no unexpected issues at all, its been great.

Fast Forward to this week and I'm one step closer to finishing this project. I met with Bob owner at RCAutoworks in Bridgeview and talked about what I've done so far and the parts still remaining to be installed and the plan I have going fwd. I've been saving EMAN's retrofit clutch/Eibach front sway bar/Whiteline Endlinks/Magic Collar bushings/EMAN's clutch master cylinder/clutch braided hose to be installed at the same time. The install went great Bob's team really went the extra mile in terms of communication/updates and professionalism as well as attention to detail in terms of all connectors and clips being reinstalled and keeping everything clean. EMAN's clutch kit is super smooth and hardly discernible from the stock feel which is 100% what I was looking for. I was not interested in "Take a chance aftermarket clutch" which I feel is 50/50 on whether it will work or you will have issues.

I need to put 1000 break-in miles, driving normal on this clutch. Meanwhile that will give me time to install the 27WON Turbo Inlet Pipe and then I can finally go for the tune. Last 2 things to do are the steering wheel swap and the full Acuity Shifter mechanism that I got for Christmas but haven't installed yet. I was waiting until after the clutch got installed so I could feel the difference without too many outside parts changing and distracting from the overall feel.

I've changed my mind on the PRL E85 kit as its sitting brand new in the box still. Will be putting that up for sale soon.

So stay tuned as I'll update after I get the 1k miles + turbo inlet pipe installed as the final tune is next!! :)
Hey op, i just read this entire thread and needless to say i am impressed at how much you have done in basically a year lol Ive had my Si for about 14 months and i am no where near your level. I am curious tho, what do you do for a living cuz i might consider changing careers to make this happen for me ?

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey op, i just read this entire thread and needless to say i am impressed at how much you have done in basically a year lol Ive had my Si for about 14 months and i am no where near your level. I am curious tho, what do you do for a living cuz i might consider changing careers to make this happen for me ?
Hey hey buddy! Thanks! Engineering degree led to an career in software/IT. But more for me is having the time to able to prioritize my interests so my secret is to stay kid-free! Compared to my friends I can travel when I want, focus on my car and truck builds and not have to worry about forming a college fund ;) ???

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag

Why did you change your mind on the ethanol kit?

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why did you change your mind on the ethanol kit?
For me I'm walking the line of adding that fun factor power while still wanting to maintain that long term reliability for which there isn't an exact formula of this balance. I've read many posts of people with engine problems (blown engines etc...) and it seems the majority of the cases always involve ethanol in conjunction with other fbo parts turbo/ic/dp/fp/cai. Adding ethanol on top of these aforementioned parts tuned or not tuned can walk the fine line of reducing reliability and damaged engines. Of course many other factors are at play including oil type and driving habits to name a few.... Just me being over cautious and only my opinion :) If the Si engine was built a bit more beefier particularly the lower end like the Type R is I'd be less hesitant to add E85 on top of my W1 and all other fbo parts.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is gonna be off topic but I just finished my tune with Drob.
I have 27won turbo, 27won inlet pipe, catless dp, cobra. I am still on stock clutch.
I own an FK7 sport
My clutch isnt slipping whatsover.
I have a feeling eventually my clutch will slip but the way I drive my car, I dont think it will ever slip.

People have been telling me that it will in the tuning process but they were wrong.

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is gonna be off topic but I just finished my tune with Drob.
I have 27won turbo, 27won inlet pipe, catless dp, cobra. I am still on stock clutch.
I own an FK7 sport
My clutch isnt slipping whatsover.
I have a feeling eventually my clutch will slip but the way I drive my car, I dont think it will ever slip.

People have been telling me that it will in the tuning process but they were wrong.
Congrats! I still have another 450 miles to put on my EMAN CTR retrofit clutch as per break in period before I get tuned. Using the provided KTuner W1 tune I would slip at WOT anywhere above 4K RPMS in first and second. With the Type R clutch there is no slip and it feels smooth, is quiet and easily driveable, feels like factory. 25Won TIP I'll be installing friday while the weather is still nice in Chicago :)
Sponsored