redtuner12

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
hey guys, new to the forums and just had a question. I have a 2020 civic si with about 1,400 miles on it. I only have a K&N typhoon intake installed and was wondering if anyone knows if I can use a ktuner with it? or should I put my stock intake back on? thanks for any input.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any intake designed to work on a stock car with no tune will also work fine with Ktuner

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any advice on a map that wont result in replacing my clutch?
Generally speaking... all the basemaps should be fine on the stock clutch so long as you do your part and not do things like floor it in 6th and build peak boost at 50 MPH. I’ve been running things hotter than the basemaps for over 2 years and the stock clutch has been fine. I’d just go ahead and pick the 21 or 23 (the difference isn’t drastically different between the two) and read a lot and play with the different enables and settings. Ktuner online help file has a lot of good info. If there’s something you’re not getting after checking that out... ask specific questions about whatever enable/setting you’d like.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any advice on a map that wont result in replacing my clutch?
It will ultimately depend pretty heavily on driving style but without any other bolt ons like a downpipe you should be pretty safe with any of the included tunes including the 23 PSI mode, or TSP Stage 1 (riskier but still fine)

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Phearable and TSP stage 1 tunes are amazing. you can do boost by gear to limit clutch slip

OP
OP
redtuner12

redtuner12

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Generally speaking... all the basemaps should be fine on the stock clutch so long as you do your part and not do things like floor it in 6th and build peak boost at 50 MPH. I’ve been running things hotter than the basemaps for over 2 years and the stock clutch has been fine. I’d just go ahead and pick the 21 or 23 (the difference isn’t drastically different between the two) and read a lot and play with the different enables and settings. Ktuner online help file has a lot of good info. If there’s something you’re not getting after checking that out... ask specific questions about whatever enable/setting you’d like.
Thank you for your reply Charles, what do you mean by " build peak boost at 50 MPH.?"

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TSP stage 1 does not come with the unit correct?
Not unless it was purchased from TSP originally. Otherwise it can be purchased separately.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for your reply Charles, what do you mean by " build peak boost at 50 MPH.?"
I mean use your right foot to demand peak boost which is essentially max torque at low RPMs while in high gears. That’s what will make your clutch unhappy.
Sponsored