Just got a 2020 Civic si coupe in black.

bconcha18

First Name
Cocnah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey all,

I haven't owned an "SI" since my 1999 civic si, I did own a 2004 Civic SIR though.

Leasing the car for a couple years, not sure if I'll buy it outright yet.
I'm Canadian and I was looking to do one thing to the civic and thats just to ktune or hondata it.

I'm quite new when it comes to flashing cars, can I ruin my warranty? Can I simply unflash it if I bring it in for service or to trade it in?
Is it fairly easy to install and to uninstall?
Thanks.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Once you flash it, the dealership will be able to see if you flashed the ecu or not.

I’m using Hondata and it’s very simple and easy to install. I just watched a couple of videos on YouTube how to do it properly.

OP
OP

bconcha18

First Name
Cocnah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Once you flash it, the dealership will be able to see if you flashed the ecu or not.

I’m using Hondata and it’s very simple and easy to install. I just watched a couple of videos on YouTube how to do it properly.
Oh so if I am on a lease, I REALLY shouldn't mess with it at all then?
Thats kind of a downer. :|

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Uhm it’s really up to you though and hope no mechanical failure will happen to the engine or tranny when you want to tune the car.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Tuning by far and away is the simplest, most cost effective performance mod for the 10th gen. It's easy to unlock from your car as well.

Having said that, since you're leasing, I wouldn't recommend it. Not that it isn't mostly reliable. It is. Just that you are stressing things more and if there is an issue, you are screwed.

The Si is terrific stock so there's that!

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Hey all,

I haven't owned an "SI" since my 1999 civic si, I did own a 2004 Civic SIR though.

Leasing the car for a couple years, not sure if I'll buy it outright yet.
I'm Canadian and I was looking to do one thing to the civic and thats just to ktune or hondata it.

I'm quite new when it comes to flashing cars, can I ruin my warranty? Can I simply unflash it if I bring it in for service or to trade it in?
Is it fairly easy to install and to uninstall?
Thanks.
Disclaimer; This is my opinion only.
If you are worried about warranty/lease issues in regards to uogrades/tuning, stuck to the improvements that make the driving experience more enjoyable on a tactile level. Ie: shifting improvements, Acuity stage 1 or 2 kits, Shift knob, Pedal relocation adapter Acuity or Perrin, RMM, CAI, Wheels and tires, Cat back exhaust system, or any other easily reversible mod that will still improve the feel and driveability of the car.

If you take the car to a dealer the first thing they are going to do is check the ECU/PCU for proper operation where they will immediately see if you have altered the engines operational parameters with a flash tuner. If you are desperate to tune your engine, try a piggyback system which very few people here will recommend.

This is just my two cents.
Sponsored