Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!......

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
So now that Honda is offering the Honda type R with the lowered wing, what is there to say now? To bad it’s not available in the states, but it is a type R with a lowered wing. It is more sleek. They even took most of the red out of the interior. I guess it’s a super unstable wreck waiting to happen, because supposedly that big wing was the only thing holding it down to the ground :crazy:
Sponsored

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Its tamed more for the street than track and for poeple that want a type r without the noise , other brands like mitsubishi and subaru did it to

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its tamed more for the street than track and for poeple that want a type r without the noise , other brands like mitsubishi and subaru did it to
Exactly! Thank you for saying that. I said I would’ve bought one if it wasn’t for the big wing because I just didn’t care for that look. I wanted a sleek look. So I went with the ex hatchback instead. But people kept arguing that the wing is what keeps the car stable. Many of us kept saying that it is a performance enhancer for the track if you wanted to be able to corner faster and maybe shave a couple seconds of your lap times. But a lowered spoiler would still be stable thanks to a well designed chassis and suspension and could handle its own at high speeds as well. People were talking like the big wing was necessary to keep the car stable, which is not the case.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 19 TLX
Country flag
Exactly! Thank you for saying that. I said I would’ve bought one if it wasn’t for the big wing because I just didn’t care for that look. I wanted a sleek look. So I went with the ex hatchback instead. But people kept arguing that the wing is what keeps the car stable. Many of us kept saying that it is a performance enhancer for the track if you wanted to be able to corner faster and maybe shave a couple seconds of your lap times. But a lowered spoiler would still be stable thanks to a well designed chassis and suspension and could handle its own at high speeds as well. People were talking like the big wing was necessary to keep the car stable, which is not the case.
Or you could have gone with the Type-R and simply removed the wing :)

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Or you could have gone with the Type-R and simply removed the wing :)
Then it would’ve left holes. Then I would’ve had to get rid of the rims for smaller rims with more rubber since it would be a daily driver. So that new version that is more sleek would’ve won me over.

JAPAN_SPIRIT

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Sport Plus 182HP
Country flag
Hello guys !

I'm a french owner of a Civic X Sport Plus Hatchback 2020. I like this little wing and I would like to buy it.
Do you have some photos of the installation on your car please ?
I can't see how this equipment is fixed. An original part to delete? No holes to make?
We are some owners in France to ask us the question before buying it.
Thanks for all and have a good day.
Regards.
Emmanuel

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello guys !

I'm a french owner of a Civic X Sport Plus Hatchback 2020. I like this little wing and I would like to buy it.
Do you have some photos of the installation on your car please ?
I can't see how this equipment is fixed. An original part to delete? No holes to make?
We are some owners in France to ask us the question before buying it.
Thanks for all and have a good day.
Regards.
Emmanuel
My installation guide is here....

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/new-2020-sportline-type-r-wing-installation.46983/

Stephen

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm... body-colored. Can you check to see if they make one in Championship White?

Can’t wait to see your installed photos.
The SportLine wing will shortly be available in Championship White and Boost Blue. If have the part numbers from Honda UK and so can place an order now if you are still interested.

Regards

Stephen

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I'm in the "Not really a fan of the big Type R wing" camp. Everyone has different tastes, though. Nothing wrong with that. To each their own. I think having more options is always better.

Some things tend to grow on you after time, too. I really didn't like the fast-back style slope of the X gen Civic sedan rear end. So much so, that I was frantically looking for the right duckbill type spoiler to get offset the slope a bit when I got my Sport sedan. But after a couple months of having the car, the look of the rear end really grew on me and now I'm not really interested in changing it.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm in the "Not really a fan of the big Type R wing" camp. Everyone has different tastes, though. Nothing wrong with that. To each their own. I think having more options is always better.

Some things tend to grow on you after time, too. I really didn't like the fast-back style slope of the X gen Civic sedan rear end. So much so, that I was frantically looking for the right duckbill type spoiler to get offset the slope a bit when I got my Sport sedan. But after a couple months of having the car, the look of the rear end really grew on me and now I'm not really interested in changing it.
Agreed, these fastback sedans and sedan-looking hatchbacks are a current trend I'm not a huge fan of. Give me that sweet 'ol notchback look anyday :love: Thankfully, the Si spoiler does wonders for the silhouette, and the coupe's as well.

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch & 2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Absolutely agree. The more options - the better. If I could afford a CTR, one of my first mods would be a spoiler delete. I'm over-the-hill and have no desire to pull up to my office building in that. Then again, my wing is better than the stock CTR spoiler or the duck bill. :p (Need to still paint it silver though....)

IMG_1990.JPG
Is this a spoiler for the hatchback? If so where did you get this? I like!

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It's an Ikon (type a? I think) spoiler I got from ebay. It's designed for a sedan/coupe, but it fits pretty good on top of the hatch spoiler. I also have my current one, which is similar but different. It's also from ebay. I wrapped it silver.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sedan-Car-...d-Wing-Glossy-Black-GT-Style-USA/303704251938
Sponsored