Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!......

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I think they should’ve given the type R it’s own hatch. By that, I mean instead of just tacking on another spoiler over the existing spoiler that comes standard on all the other hatchbacks. And then they could’ve made it less massive. By that, I mean made it sleeker and not look like five separate big pieces. I’m sure the spoiler has functionality but it looks like an afterthought because it was tacked on top of an existing spoiler. I just think the type R should’ve had its own special hatch with one functional, but not so massive, spoiler then it would’ve balanced the look a little better.
Honestly, I just don't think you ever had any intention of buying a Type-R. If you did, you wouldn't have ended up with two Civics not even close in performance.

There are vehicles that exist that don't look like the Type-R, yet possess similar performance.
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
At first I thought that Honda lost its mind with such a wing, then I realized that Honda released this -by 90 standards- massive wing attached to an engineering gem 23 years ago:

DC2-Type-R-rear.jpg

So, f**k it if somebody thinks ricer or whatever internet meme from Hondhaters, this Civic TypeR is Honda coming back to its roots
The ITR looks nice and the 10th Gen CTR looks retarded.

Put the engine and suspension from the CTR in a two-door hatch and call it an ITR. Then maybe we can have an adult discussion.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Honestly, I just don't think you ever had any intention of buying a Type-R. If you did, you wouldn't have ended up with two Civics not even close in performance.

There are vehicles that exist that don't look like the Type-R, yet possess similar performance.
I actually wasn’t looking for high performance at all. I was looking for a good looking, reliable, and fuel efficient car since it was gonna be my daily driver. The civic checked all the boxes. I wouldn’t have minded getting the type R because it had all the options I wanted. But it just wasn’t the look I was going for. So I looked at the sport but it wasn’t offered with a sunroof at the time. So I went with the hatchback EX which had all the options plus had more then enough power. But for me the looks were more important than the performance since it would spend all of its time on the street. But this thread is about a spoiler that OP was installing on his car, and yes I think it looks better than the stock type R spoiler.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
:dunno:
I have owned a 2001 Integra Type R since it’s release and will say that for the longest time there have always been naysayers talking bad about the Type R and little has changed even today. The ones that don’t own one are usually the louder ones of the bunch and make it seem as though everyone feels this way but in my experience, most people you talk to love it’s styling and all of what the type R is about: Racing, and that’s not any different with the CTR. People who’ve never driven an R will say it’s just another Integra or it’s just a Civic but for those who own an ITR or a CTR, they know this couldn’t be further from the truth. Haters are gonna hate, it’s just unfortunate that the haters are usually the loud ones of the bunch. :dunno:
You must absolutely loving the sales prices of the Integra Type R. Having driven one in anger, I can tell you it influenced me in deciding to buy the CTR.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love the look of the wing on the hatchback, and it's basically the same wing on the Si sedan and Coupe without those vortex pieces. Glad Honda keeps the same language throughout all platforms.

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just had confirmation from my Honda USA contact that this spoiler is a European specification part only. There is also no information as to whether it will be available to order from US dealers.

I have been estimating shipping costs with UPS at around £279.00 to all you guys (and gals) in US or Canada. I can't get the cost down any lower on shipping as the box is so darn long (165cm).

Spoiler price is £289.00 on its own from me.

Please let me know if you would like to place an order.

Regards

Stephen