• Poll closed .

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can probably pickup a set of 2020 Sport Hatch wheels for cheap if you watch OfferUp/Craigslist/ebay.

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought wheels/tires 0C0D2EC2-267F-4633-B4DA-2529CD1F712B
Sponsored

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Do you happen to have a wider shot of your car from a side view?
Sent a PM but i should be able to get a few pics in 30ish min. Apologies that they might be a bit dirty and probably won't pop as much as they normally would. Haven't got the car washed since I haven't driven much lately

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you ever thought about some nice new 19” RSR wheels, I have these, cheap!

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
New RSR Black& Machined 19”x9.5” Set Four Wheels, 5x120 Bolts, +40 Offset
Wrong bolt pattern. ;)

OK, so it's official. Looking at wheels has now made me a wheel expert and has also caused me to go insane. :spaz:

I guess a lot of the problem is budget. If I was able, I'd just get the best quality 18" wheels and tires and call it a day. Here's where I'm leaning (subject to change in the next day or two lol). I like these house brand wheels (Sport Edition P3 in anthracite) from Tire Rack. They've gotten pretty good reviews. I mean, I basically just commute with my car, no track or anything.

I can get a set of these in 18x8 w/Conti DWS06's mounted and balanced and shipped to my door for $1,150 plus tax. Plus there's a $70 rebate on the tires right now so that basically pays the tax.

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought wheels/tires p3

Last edited:

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I personally like those wheels better than your other choices, as far as looks go anyway. I’m no pro on what’s quality and what’s not...

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I personally like those wheels better than your other choices, as far as looks go anyway. I’m no pro on what’s quality and what’s not...
I changed the topic title. :D

Well... I literally just pulled the trigger on the anthracite P3's / DWS06's. The thing is, these wheels looked good on EVERY car I saw:

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought wheels/tires kFWXTdm

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought wheels/tires 1-00l0l_lujY9oMgnME_1200x900

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought wheels/tires Untitled 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought wheels/tires 27602295018_98dce7689e_c

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I think ultimately for my situation I made the best choice. I was almost going to go with the much more expensive Enkei tuning series wheels. I figured with them being flow formed they'd be lighter AND stronger. Then I looked up Enkei TS-10's and one of the first things I saw was a guy at a forum posting a pic of his TS-10 that cracked in several places from a pothole. No wheel is invincible. I thought about the Avid1 AV-20 wheels and they look and are priced great but maybe a bit too "tuner-y" for my taste.

For the money there's a couple things I like beyond the style and color of these P3 wheels. For one, they're low pressure cast, not gravity cast. And two, at 21 lbs. they aren't real heavy for an 18x8. For comparison I think my stock EX-L 17's weigh nearly 27 pounds.

Another issue for me was tire choice/size. I deal with some choppy roads and I also have wintery driving from time to time. The DWS06's excel in the wet and do well in snow for a UHP. But out of all my decisions, tire size was what I went back and forth on more than anything else.

Ultimately, I went for the Tire Rack recommended 215/45-18. Yeah, yeah yeah... it's as narrow as stock. But for me it works. I thought about the 235/40's but I don't do a ton of curvy back roads and narrower is better in bad weather. Also, the 215/45's only weigh 21 pounds. So the tire/wheel combo should only weigh 42 pounds (if Tire Rack's specs are accurate). That's like 25 total pounds less unsprung weight. I'm not sure if it's accurate but I read that losing 1lb. of unsprung weight is like losing 10lbs. of sprung weight. That should translate into slightly better acceleration/braking.

Sorry for the long post.