Badf1sh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
Car is bone stock minus the license plate cover ?

looking for some suggestions on maps that people prefer for the 2018 Si sedan. Wanting more excitement in the lower gear range, maybe some increased mpg? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
So the KTuner base maps are known to generally provide more low end torque. Then a lot of people use OTS tunes from Phearable or TSP to get a more linear power gain as compared to the base maps, which falter at higher rpms.

In terms of gas mileage, I wouldn't necessarily expect to get better MPG if you want more low-end power.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Damn, where did you buy it from? Two Step Performance (TSP) and Phearable both offer one of their off the shelf tunes with the purchase of a Ktuner.

OP
OP
Badf1sh

Badf1sh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
Damn, where did you buy it from? Two Step Performance (TSP) and Phearable both offer one of their off the shelf tunes with the purchase of a Ktuner.
Close friend works in the industry and tunes daily. Heā€™s gonna take care of me. I think heā€™s as excited to play with it as I am.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had both TSP Stage 1 and Phearable Stage 1.5.

Both were pretty good, but I preferred Phearable's approach in limitting boost in 1st and 2nd gear. It makes it feel like an NA car almost, but you can still fly in 3rd and 4th.

If you like the higher boost in all 6 gears, then maybe TSP Stage 1 is better for you.

If you have access to 93 gas (or 91 + E85) then you could also consider the TSP Stage 1+ or Phearable Stage 1.5R tunes.

OP
OP
Badf1sh

Badf1sh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
KTuner came in Friday, added a few of the Standard Maps and set up my displays and gauges on the unit. Iā€™m currently running the 19.5/23 which is more than enough for the heavy stop/go and freeway driving here in Orlando. Iā€™m very happy and highly recommend the KTuner 2.0 and the factory maps unless you are going to do bolt ons and upgrade mods, in which case you will likely custom tune and dyno as well.
That is to come in the future, just not sure in which order to start. I believe I want exhaust next so that I donā€™t lose power with the buildup in the catalytic converter. Anyways. Still having fun shifting gears. Have a good weekend!

OP
OP
Badf1sh

Badf1sh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
I appreciate the advice. I am gonna give it about a week to just make sure everything is running well on the gauges and keeping it between the lines. After that Iā€™ll probably keep it accessible but not in view or plugged in.
Sponsored