Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport!

dephcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic Sedan LX-G, 2017 Civic Hatch Sport Sensing (pending)
So does the Sport have red accent gauges? From what I've seen of the Canadian Sedans and LX Hatch, it's a blue accent.
Sponsored

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
A muffler delete is one of the first things I plan to do when I get my manual sport hatch, but someone at my work told me you can't get an inspection with no muffler. Not sure if this is true or not. I live in Pennsylvania so laws may differ?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Sounds stockish from the outside. Not loud or deep enough for my tastes. But I plan to have the mufflers deleted to make it sound a lot better. Inside sounds awesome though. Have you used the paddle shifters much? Thanks for the video.
Does it sound any different than the non-Sport? I can't really tell, but I have driven a 2016 EX-T.

OutSider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Premium is recommended but not required. However, we don't know, as far as I can tell, what using regular means in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.
Does using regular fuel damage the engine at all? I really want the Sport Touring but that premium is recommended has me a bit concerned. I'll accept a loss in performance and fuel efficiency as long as it doesn't harm the engine.

HatchbackKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2003 Civic EX coupe
Vehicle Showcase
How rough is the ride? the 18" wheels are nice but I'd trade them for smaller wheels if they ride rough...how bad do you feel the road? noise level? ect what would you rate ride quality on a scale from 1 to 10
The ride isn't what I would call rough but you do feel it pretty good. Road noise is better compared to my 03 Civic coupe and the only time I really notice it is if your on the highway on a rough road. I'd say ride quality is 8-9 but easily a 10 when you account for other cars in the same price range. The car easily feels like a much more expensive vehicle and I think they achieved that European ride feel they said they were shooting for. The closest car to it that I've rode in is actually an Audi hatchback a friend of mine had, think it was an 06 or 07 model. Go and test drive one if you can because I feel like ride quality can be a personal preference thing for sure plus I haven't rode in one with the other wheels so I really can't tell you how much of a difference there is between them. All I can say is that I like it!

HatchbackKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2003 Civic EX coupe
Vehicle Showcase
On the subject of exhaust I think the other post in here is dead on. It stays tame until you give it a little gas and then it has this nice growl to it. At rest I would also say it has a lower tone at least when compared to my 03 civic coupe. Overall I like it and I feel like it fits the car really well.

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Just picked up my 17 Sport Hatch in black, really like the wheels over the EX model. Black is going to be a pain to keep clean, but liked the look the best of the colors I had seen. Had been waiting about 7 weeks for it to come in. I'm with some of the other posts, wish the dual center exhaust was a little louder, but is better than the non sport models sound. Haven't driven a lot, but super impressed with smoothness of the ride, the 18"wheels don't ride much different than the 17" on the EX models. Was coming out of an 13 SI, with the 6 speed, but I'm an old coot,thought I would try the CVT. Paddle shifters work well. Chassis seems much more solid than my older SI. Is very quiet for a hatchback, some older Honda's and other cars I've had were much more noisy.
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport! DSC00222.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport! DSC00223.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport! DSC00224.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport! DSC00225.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport! DSC00226.JPG

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Man, that black looks sweet! Congrats on the new ride!

OP
OP
defsaturn6501

defsaturn6501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
glad to see there are more sport hatches popping up! be prepared to get alot of people checking out your car lol..ive had people literally slam on their brakes on the highway to check it out.

jedisrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
glad to see there are more sport hatches popping up! be prepared to get alot of people checking out your car lol..ive had people literally slam on their brakes on the highway to check it out.
You're driving it wrong. They should have to floor the accelerator to check it out. :)

OP
OP
defsaturn6501

defsaturn6501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
lol i was doing about 85 on the highway and this tricked out accord must have been doing over 100 then he literally almost locked them up to check it out. on a side note, the ladies love the little hatch

Buzz_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
How much of a sacrifice is the cargo room in the rear (seats up) with the sport trims? Haven't been able to see one in person, but from videos it seems the floor is a good 4-5 inches higher in the sport due to the exhaust. I really wish Honda would offer the manual in the EX trim, that would be my perfect hatch. Center exhaust is cool but I'm all about the cargo space!

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
How much of a sacrifice is the cargo room in the rear (seats up) with the sport trims? Haven't been able to see one in person, but from videos it seems the floor is a good 4-5 inches higher in the sport due to the exhaust. I really wish Honda would offer the manual in the EX trim, that would be my perfect hatch. Center exhaust is cool but I'm all about the cargo space!
Here is the interior specs from Honda News site of the cargo volume difference of standard vs sport.
Cargo Volume (rear seat up/down) 25.7 cu ft / 46.2 cu ft 22.6 cu ft / 46.2 cu ft The smaller volume is the sport or sport touring.
Also here is a link to Honda News site with all the info on the Civic Hatch, chassis,body,engine etc. also all specs. dimensions etc.
http://hondanews.com/releases?query=2017+Honda+civic+hatchback

Last edited:

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
Just picked up my 17 Sport Hatch in black, really like the wheels over the EX model. Black is going to be a pain to keep clean, but liked the look the best of the colors I had seen. Had been waiting about 7 weeks for it to come in. I'm with some of the other posts, wish the dual center exhaust was a little louder, but is better than the non sport models sound. Haven't driven a lot, but super impressed with smoothness of the ride, the 18"wheels don't ride much different than the 17" on the EX models. Was coming out of an 13 SI, with the 6 speed, but I'm an old coot,thought I would try the CVT. Paddle shifters work well. Chassis seems much more solid than my older SI. Is very quiet for a hatchback, some older Honda's and other cars I've had were much more noisy.
DSC00222.JPG
DSC00223.JPG
DSC00224.JPG
DSC00225.JPG
DSC00226.JPG
The center exhaust, underbody kit and those wheels really makes a difference...Just when I thought i could no longer wait for the Sport Touring and was so close to pulling the trigger on the EX...THANKS FOR POSTING! now i'm going to hibernate, wake me up when the Sport touring comes out.
Sponsored