0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey y'all, just bought a new 2019 Civic Si Coupe and decided to join the forums. Came from a BMW 320i, I thought I would miss the rear wheel drive but the Si handles great. Unfortunately it's at the dealership for some warranty work but thought I'd join in the mean time since I miss it. Car has been great, but with only 900 miles on it, it's had some problems. One day I was driving and I downshifted and started braking and the engine made a weird noise and started idling at 1500 when I came to a stop and all the error lights came on. I turned off the car and turned it back on and the idle went away but the lights were all still on, I had to disconnect the ECU fuse to get the problem to go away. Fast forward a few weeks and I had come from work on Friday with no problems on the car. Saturday afternoon I started her up and I couldn't disengage the electric parking brake. It kept saying emergency brake error or something so I had to get it towed to the dealership, it's been about 5 days now and it doesn't seem like they are close to a fix yet. Hopefully this gets resolved soon because it's a great car when it was working. I tried searching the forums and haven't seen any posts about not being able to disengage the parking brake, has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks man. Hopefully they get it resolved and you never look back. I bought a new ‘12 Jetta and within the first thousand miles had to have the rear brakes replaced on both sides due to a constant clicking. Never had a problem with it after that. Hope yours turns out the same.

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
Welcome from SE VA...
Sorry to hear about the problems with your Si. I they get them fixed so you can enjoy it.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Congrats on the car, never heard of these things happening on a new Honda, very wierd.

Bosstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Bro I have a 2019 civic si too!!

What are the odds we would buy the same car!?

OP
OP

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Here's a pic before she went off to the dealership

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought a '19 civic si MVIMG_20190610_174834

OP
OP

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I dig those wheels, very nice. Mine is white too. You going to add some exterior mods ?

Maybe you were just unlucky and got a lemon :/
Probably no more exterior mods, just a tint. What would constitute a lemon? I live in California, this is the first time I'm bringing it in, it would be nice to get a refund if it really is a lemon.

Bosstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Probably no more exterior mods, just a tint. What would constitute a lemon? I live in California, this is the first time I'm bringing it in, it would be nice to get a refund if it really is a lemon.
Yea a tint is a must. I have to get mine done too.

Anyone else can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe a car constituting a lemon that would be a new car that experiences several major mechanical and electrical issues or failures. Your dealership would probably make that call if they see so many issues. I'm not sure about any laws for California. Maybe you could ask your dealer to call it that for a sick nasty new car.

OP
OP

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea a tint is a must. I have to get mine done too.

Anyone else can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe a car constituting a lemon that would be a new car that experiences several major mechanical and electrical issues or failures. Your dealership would probably make that call if they see so many issues. I'm not sure about any laws for California. Maybe you could ask your dealer to call it that for a sick nasty new car.
Knowing dealerships, they'll probably tell me to wait for a few more problems lol, I just want the car back at this point. Supposedly they're ordering a new VSA part or something because they think that is what is causing the problem.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My opinion the electronic parking brake is not a big deal, the other problem sounds like they need to reflash or replace the ecu, neither problem imo is a big deal, yeah it suks but they’ll get it straightened out.

OP
OP

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My opinion the electronic parking brake is not a big deal, the other problem sounds like they need to reflash or replace the ecu, neither problem imo is a big deal, yeah it suks but they’ll get it straightened out.
That's good news, I really need the affirmation right now haha thank you