Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
that's super awesome that you did that for your kid, my dad got me a job at 16 to get a car lmao but hopefully one day I can do the same as you and just give them something that they can drive and keep for years to come I would hope at least
Sponsored

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
I got a beat 97 CRV for my first car from my dad.

You've done good sir.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
He’s a great kid! His grades are great now (wasn’t the case last year) and he plays basketball, football, and baseball. we are a little worried he will get the cloth seats sweaty. Any ideas on how to prevent that? Couldn’t find any seat covers. We really like the seats.

It was his 16th birthday present. He didn’t ask for it.

I just wanted him to have a safe fun car to drive. I was amazed I could get so much car for so little. Now I want one too.
Awesome man I'm happy for him! You have to get one for yourself now haha I would be worried too, these are by far the nicest seats in an Si to date. Dickies (the clothing brand) makes some automotive products. I know it's random but they have this set at all Wal -marts. I have them and put them on during the work week and they work great. Sorry for that crappy pic of it on my seat lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought 2020 Si coupe for my son. IMG_4681

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought 2020 Si coupe for my son. IMG_5361_kindlephoto-673422077

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$23,704 out the door
Including $500 sales tax (Max in South Carolina), $449 doc fee, and $55 tag fee

Steve Padgett Honda of Lake Murray in Columbia, SC.Salesmen was great to work with - Caleb; manager was great too - David
I’m in Columbia too. Need to get to Cars and Coffee if we ever have those again.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Never understood the purpose of keeping something looking good by completely covering it up - thereby never seeing its good looks anyway! I would only cover up ugly beat up seats, just so you can't see them.

Just scotchgard them. Simple and effective and you still get to enjoy the look and feel of the factory seats.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-F...qid=1588811040&sprefix=scotchg,aps,173&sr=8-1
These seats are far too nice to be dousing them in a chemical. One of the main ingredients in scotchguard is acetone which is the same as nail polish remover. Very harsh chemical and known to dissolve most synthetic fabrics. If you care about these beautiful seats, put a cover on it when you know you will be dirty ie: work, sports, play etc. I'm my case the 3 days out of the week that I work, cover goes on Monday morning and comes off Wednesday night. Plenty of time to enjoy the seats, not to mention if you have no passengers like in my case, well you're sitting on one seat and cannot see it anyways so all you do is glance over to your passenger seat. Problem solved, I see a beautiful seat in a beautiful car that I love and enjoy and feel great in my gut about protecting my driver seat from getting RR grease on it.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
These seats are far too nice to be dousing them in a chemical.
The way you put it sounds so scary. But the fact of the matter is, your car comes full of chemicals straight out of the factory, including the seats. Take of whiff of that fantastic new car smell. What do you think it is?

There is an automotive Scotchgard that is very highly rated. I would not be paranoid to use it - as directed. Needs to be well ventilated.

If you work in an industry where you are completely soiled getting in your car, I can understand why you cover the seat temporarily. But OP is just concerned about sweat... That won't be an issue.

Last edited:

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Ha

He got an expensive pair of Converse high tops for his birthday; that’s the only thing he asked for. I can’t believe Converse shoes are popular again.

He tried driving it the first time with socks on but no shoes. I didn’t even notice. I made him wear shoes the next time. It also seemed like he did better after we put the original cloth mat back in instead of the rubber floor mat. It seemed like his heal was slipping on the rubber mat and he couldn’t let out the clutch smoothly.
i tend to think teaching barefoot is easier for the new STICK driver to feel the clutch engagement point. when i taught my fiance i had her do it barefoot in my 2009 civic, she was driving on her own within a week.

OP
OP

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
That's awesome. We did the same thing for our 16yo. I taught him how to drive a stick before picking up his car but it's second nature to him now.

IMG_20200201_134218_182.jpg
How long did it take him to become proficient?

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
I had an '18 Si coupe when I was 16 too. It was my dad's but I have about an hour commute to school so it made sense for me to drive it. The Si definitely carries some solid high school parking lot cred! It's too bad this school year got axed because now I can't drive it anymore :(

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
A week or two to not jerk from a stop BUT he still slams the stick into gear so it's a work in progress. I'm not sure if he still uses hill-assist though.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Man........now I feel old! My first car that was in my name was a 1989 Honda Accord LX 5spd.........last year of the carburetor Hondas! I think it made like 105hp or so (at the crank). Great running car though! I got it with 140K on it and sold it with 200K+ and it was still going for years after that.
Sponsored