Just a reminder topic : take security measures for this car....

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No way I would ever even consider owning this car without off street parking, too many jealous people out there. My car goes from my house to my job's private parking lot. I try to avoid taking it anywhere where the parking situation is uncertain. It's not worth the stress and anxiety.
Yeah dude if you live in Boston eff that. I recently had to park on a street in cambridge while visiting a college friend and let me tell you I couldn't leave fast enough... Grew up in MA and I wouldn't even want to leave it out in like Worcester.
Sponsored

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
Just curious...how many type r owners out there have lo jack installed on there vehicle? If you got one (lo jack) how much did it cost you? And is it easy for the car thief to remove the LoJack with ease? Just wanted to hear some personal experiences.. Thanks for the feedback.. In my area car theft is up over 200%..

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
Isn't the car being a stickshift at this point pretty much the most crime deterrent thing to can have on a car?
You would think but alot of people are desperate now a days for any type of gain either financial or social

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Im going to have to look again because i don't see it. I am in the Bowie/Anne Arundel area.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Should be able to see it easily at night - try looking through the rear window to the lower left of the steering wheel - it's just a quick periodic blink. I see ours from my kitchen window, about 80 feet away, at night.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Im going to have to look again because i don't see it. I am in the Bowie/Anne Arundel area.
Think there is one but it's not crazy bright. One in my M2 is on the bottom of the rearview so very visible.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Think there is one but it's not crazy bright. One in my M2 is on the bottom of the rearview so very visible.
Which means that it's not effective as an anti-theft deterrent. If owners have never noticed, the chance of a thief being scared off by it is pretty minimal.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Which means that it's not effective as an anti-theft deterrent. If owners have never noticed, the chance of a thief being scared off by it is pretty minimal.
Agreed - I'm lucky as I have a garage and a parking garage at work but I would def want to adjust things if I didn't have that option!

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Agreed - I'm lucky as I have a garage and a parking garage at work but I would def want to adjust things if I didn't have that option!
Same here. I refuse to buy a house without a garage due to the type of cars I buy.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So i went to make a quick store run for lunch, and as i was coming out a nice elderly couple talked to me. They told me that at least 4 different people were eyeing my car. One person even took pictures of the vehicle. A member here Adam19ctr?? recently got his window Smashed in, and my neighbor got his car broken into(it was a regular civic DX). These are hard times, a lot of people are out of work etc.

I don't mind the pictures because people like the car and that is fine..I'm flattered but this area where i live has major break in and robbery attempts. I am sure many of you guys live in high crime areas, and this car just wants attention. Take the security precautions, I am getting a dash camera for sure next pay check.

Any recommendations for Dash cam/Security set ups?
I didn't read the the posts so sorry if this has been said. Simply do not leave things in the car and as strange as it sounds dont lock the doors. If there is nothing in the car they wont go in it. if there is something in the car they are gonna break the window anyway and cost you more then leaving it unlocked. A nice dash cam is good but guess what. They will then have something to break the window to steal that shiny new dash cam :) I never lock my doors period on anything I drive and I never ever leave anything the cars. I have never had an issue and I have left cars in downtown Atlanta for long periods of time. They peep in windows and see nothing and move on , if they want the car or something it a locked door stops nothing but does cause more damage cause now you are replacing a window and what ever else they broke trying to get in.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I didn't read the the posts so sorry if this has been said. Simply do not leave things in the car and as strange as it sounds dont lock the doors. If there is nothing in the car they wont go in it. if there is something in the car they are gonna break the window anyway and cost you more then leaving it unlocked. A nice dash cam is good but guess what. They will then have something to break the window to steal that shiny new dash cam :) I never lock my doors period on anything I drive and I never ever leave anything the cars. I have never had an issue and I have left cars in downtown Atlanta for long periods of time. They peep in windows and see nothing and move on , if they want the car or something it a locked door stops nothing but does cause more damage cause now you are replacing a window and what ever else they broke trying to get in.
I would never leave mine unlocked because the alarm won't go off if someone tries to pop the hood and take parts or damage the engine. I wish the alarm would go off for breaking a window though, some bs it doesn't. Tbh Im not sure if my alarm would wake me up while sleeping because I sleep with a fan though. They smashed my window and left my dashcam.

I leave my Si unlocked permanently... Because the door lock actuator needs to be replaced lol. I had to work at a job that was downtown in Baltimore City just an alley away from whole blocks of boarded up buildings, where we had to park unless we paid for a lot or garage. Go to leave one day and everything from the center console and glove box are strewn across the front seats. Jokes on them since it was mainly trash and all the paperwork and other unrelated papers from since I bought it in 2011. I loathe cities, everything is so close together and there are entirely way too many people packed in there. They give me anxiety about getting stuck there during a real emergency where driving is impossible. I purposely got kicked off by the general contractor because I was so tired of being there. It was at BG&E headquarters too which was an entirely extra layer of BS.

I def need a house with a garage. For security, for tinkering/work, and to not catch a manslaughter or murder charge if someone tried to break in to it. I'd be really worried about how I'd respond to someone trying something to it out on the street.

Need to take advantage of getting a VA home loan and get me a house with a ton of land and be miles and miles away from any form of public transportation

Last edited:

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have a viofo a219 pro duo its great. hardwired and acc for parking mode.
I had a viofo a119 v2 in my last car, and i loved it
Sponsored