Just a reminder topic : take security measures for this car....

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Type R has nothing of the sort lol
Are you sure? I've walked past my car at night and I remember seeing a red light flashing from somewhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Are you sure? I've walked past my car at night and I remember seeing a red light flashing from somewhere.
Really?? you should see it during the day then correct? I have seen nothing like this on a type R

BostonCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2013 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
No way I would ever even consider owning this car without off street parking, too many jealous people out there. My car goes from my house to my job's private parking lot. I try to avoid taking it anywhere where the parking situation is uncertain. It's not worth the stress and anxiety.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No way I would ever even consider owning this car without off street parking, too many jealous people out there. My car goes from my house to my job's private parking lot. I try to avoid taking it anywhere where the parking situation is uncertain. It's not worth the stress and anxiety.
The last two sentences is so true. But it applied to me more often than not so much that it caused me to not want to take it to anywhere I hadn’t been before.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
hey, i do alot of fleet stuff so naturally i recommend the (https://www.linxup.com/) linxup camera that will record nonstop to an actual place that can monitor for yourself in real time. great in the case they take your car and cant get to the footage of who took it.
Isn't the car being a stickshift at this point pretty much the most crime deterrent thing to can have on a car?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
One person even took pictures of the vehicle.
People still make a big deal about Type Rs... you should be flattered. Not sure how a dash cam is going to help if someone manages to steal it.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Isn't the car being a stickshift at this point pretty much the most crime deterrent thing to can have on a car?
That's true for your average car but anyone who's willing to steal a CTR more than likely knows how to drive stick.

Also, I had my Si towed recently and I forgot to give the tow driver my keys. He got to my house before me and needed to set the parking brake. He broke into my car in 10 seconds flat. It was scary how easy it was for him to open my doors.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Just a reminder topic : take security measures for this car.... IMG_20200914_184202

I can fit the rear camera between the passenger doors pretty well. The wires are 100% concealed until you get down to the floor.

Thing that puzzles me is, I had JUST cleaned my car that night, so inside was showroom clean. I've got really dark tint so maybe that's why. You can still see inside when you get really close to the glass though.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
So a lot of things to consider. Break ins, hit and runs, vehicle theft. All of which are going to be slightly different, imo, to deter or counter.

I've gone with front and rear dashcams with parking mode. I did not opt for cloud streaming. So I'm pretty much good for accidents, most break-ins, and hit and runs. But if they see the cameras and take the SD card, nothing I can do. Same with if they steal the car. But it certainly helps with potential accidents as well (and it's cool to record canyon runs!)

Many of the front dashcams have an option for an IR or interior camera. Designed for ride-share drivers to document unruly/dangerous passengers, but works for break in too (plus the IR helps with interior night). The most complete security, imo, would be a 3 channel dash cam (front, interior, rear) with cloud streaming and GPS locations. That's going to do just about everything you can, but is going to be expensive and have a monthly fee (at least after the first year).

But, as others have said, you can't trust others to respect the value of your car.

Or of course there is the Trunk Monkey, if I could have found one in my market...

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
Speaking of in the DMV we been having this happen a lot lately. Be careful. I own a dash cam, but ultimately if a thief wants to steal they will. I don't own a r, but I would say that in our area the r is still gets plenty of looks. I would avoid parking in uncertain areas/locations. Investing in a front and rear dash cam is ideal. As someone mentioned, you can have dashcams but if they see cameras they could steal the SD card. Ultimately everyone should be very careful now of their cars especially now.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I don't mind the pictures because people like the car and that is fine..I'm flattered but this area where i live has major break in and robbery attempts. I am sure many of you guys live in high crime areas, and this car just wants attention.
I was born in DC and lived in the DMV area for 32 years. It is hard to keep the opportunists at bay!

Where are you in the DMV?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The Type R has nothing of the sort lol
2020 HB Owners Manual says differently. See p 11 and 90. It's so subtle most people may not even know it's there. To test it, roll down a window, shut and lock the car then reach in and open the door!

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
Out in the east past the high rise. Upper 9th ward. Not a great place to live. I have also seen a friend park somewhere downtown and get put on bricks and wheels taken off.
Ouch... yeah I know that area. Tbh, I stay away from New Orleans as much as possible. Every so often I've had to go to Poydras to meet with other developers but I was in a parking garage. Now-a-days if it's not the mall or the asian markets, I don't even travel to New Orleans.

Thieves are high tech nowadays. They don't even need to break glass in order to access the car, they can use a tool which scans for the remote key's frequency and are able to unlock the car (and even start and drive off) that way. I know this because stuff was stolen from my dad's Pilot and he thought it was because he forgot to lock it. There was no damage to the SUV, but the TomTom GPS unit was stolen. Not a big deal since it was an old GPS, but it's sickening to know that this can happen to anyone (our area is relatively safe).

This is what I'm talking about:

Since then, I bought these RFID signal blocking key pouches. And it goes without saying, don't leave ANY valuables in the car. This thread was posted coincidentally, I heard that quite of few of my neighbor's cars were broken into recently (no damage, just remote access as mentioned above) and things stolen.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MDF5TX9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Welp... time to buy some RFID stuff. I've never seen anything like this video before and that's bat shit crazy how effortlessly they stole that car.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Same here

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Welp... time to buy some RFID stuff. I've never seen anything like this video before and that's bat shit crazy how effortlessly they stole that car.
They probably work at a dealership.

I always throw my key fob into a pistol lock box overnight and keep my spare in the main safe. That way if someone pulls on the handle to try and intercept the signal from the key, there won't be a return signal since the keys are isolated in metal.

I got lo-jack when I got mine. Runs off radio signal so hopefully it won't be found. It'll notify you if the car moves, I gotta check to see if it can do anything for windows, like use the g-meter if it gets hit or something
Sponsored