J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights

JumpmanReese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
Country flag
Whoa. Unboxed to take a quick peek and they look so good in person. Much darker than I thought, which is a plus ;)

390A44BD-40A0-4E33-BC48-8AADF7B97107.jpeg
46439552-3673-418C-ABB2-9C04F06C237F.jpeg
330AFC52-B753-4557-8468-B1470BDD7652.jpeg
Ordered these from Alligator. Does box this look the same as from TRS?
Are these Morimotos from TRS/Alligat
Yes same exact boxes as from TRS. Another funny thing is not only did I ordered these I also ordered the Tacoma ones from another vendor (headlight revolution) instead of TRS since they were running 20% off instead of 15% like TRS.
How come it says OLM (Outside Line Motoring)? Are these supposed to be the Morimoto headlights that you bought from TRS/Alligator? Does it say Morimoto anywhere?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes these were just purchased from Alligator. The same lights are also being sold by TRS.

These are supposed to be Morimoto XBs. My set is already installed, just not height leveled. Another forum member has a set on the way from TRS so will ask if it physically says Morimoto anywhere before he puts them on.

Fwiw, the instructions that came with the lights say Coplus. I think Coplus makes all of the lights. Pretty sure the official J’s Racing lights are also Coplus, just with J’s sticker attached.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 93A464C8-A591-433A-826F-CE8FEA12B7C2
Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights FF9FEADB-F990-4881-8371-71CBD1BB63FC

Are these Morimotos from TRS/Alligat

How come it says OLM (Outside Line Motoring)? Are these supposed to be the Morimoto headlights that you bought from TRS/Alligator? Does it say Morimoto anywhere?

JumpmanReese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
Country flag
Yes these were just purchased from Alligator. The same lights are also being sold by TRS.

These are supposed to be Morimoto XBs. My set is already installed, just not height leveled. Another forum member has a set on the way from TRS so will ask if it physically says Morimoto anywhere before he puts them on.

Fwiw, the instructions that came with the lights say Coplus. I think Coplus makes all of the lights. Pretty sure the official J’s Racing lights are also Coplus, just with J’s sticker attached.

93A464C8-A591-433A-826F-CE8FEA12B7C2.jpeg
FF9FEADB-F990-4881-8371-71CBD1BB63FC.jpeg
Ah ok. Well if it says Coplus then yes its all the same. In a previous post that I made I have spoken with Coplus and confirmed they supply lights to Js and Morimoto. All the same, just sold in different regions for consumers to save on shipping.
I have never seen anyone post up Morimoto boxes so wasnt sure if this is what they look like

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hehe no worries. I had some reservations myself when the box showed up from Alligator....Hadn’t heard of OLM before, so it was a relief to learn the guys ordering from TRS were getting the same ;)

Ah ok. Well if it says Coplus then yes its all the same. In a previous post that I made I have spoken with Coplus and confirmed they supply lights to Js and Morimoto. All the same, just sold in different regions for consumers to save on shipping.
I have never seen anyone post up Morimoto boxes so wasnt sure if this is what they look like

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

93A464C8-A591-433A-826F-CE8FEA12B7C2.jpeg
FF9FEADB-F990-4881-8371-71CBD1BB63FC.jpeg
Yes coplus makes all of them. And yes all the boxes now say OLM and are morimotos. Super confusing but that's how all the vendors are selling them. I will be getting my Tacoma morimotos today and will see what those boxes say. Kinda curious now.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I'm not sure what you're asking exactly? Maybe lumens? I'm not sure on that. When I said I said I adjusted them I was referring to the height alignment by marking where the hot spot was when the headlights were a few inches from a wall and raising the height to ensure that they were at the same marked height when the car was backed up exactly 25 feet.
When aiming headlights, you actually want around a 2" drop at 25'.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I was able to get these for a pretty good price, so against my better judgement, I have a pair on the way. I plan on taking controlled comparison photos between factory LEDs and the new lights, but it will probably be a month or so because I'll be installing several other mods and the car probably won't be back on the road for a bit.
I still fully intend to do this, but have repairs needed on another vehicle that were prioritized and I've been dragging my feet getting them done.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So now I'm very curious where morimoto and OLM comes into process in making these. Seems to me OLM is like a vendor middleman. I did receive my Tacoma versions today and those in fact come in morimoto boxes with and instruction booklet that says morimoto. The foam packing is different but they do use the same blue cover on the lens for protection. I see similaries where the wires go into the back of the housings. The Tacoma box says TRS (even though I bought from headlight revolution) made in Taiwan also on the outside. Nothing on these boxes says OLM. I'm just posting these just to show the differences between the civic and tacoma production of these morimoto xb lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200406_183341

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200406_190030

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200406_190041

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200406_191950

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200406_193045

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 642DC27C-517A-4CD6-AD27-DA4B6DF4D986

Here is the bottom of the OLMs courtesy of Boosted180sx.

Coplus :)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
the len also says co plus
Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights Kf5AF7s

morimoto never made the headlamps for the 10th gen civic. They were just rebranded from the get go.
I ordered from TRS because i've ordered multiple items from before and figured they SHOULD have better customer service in the event something is wrong with them.

also, a lot of companies does drop ship so even if you order from a vendor, it ships directly to you from the main warehouse.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the len also says co plus
Kf5AF7s.jpg

morimoto never made the headlamps for the 10th gen civic. They were just rebranded from the get go.
I ordered from TRS because i've ordered multiple items from before and figured they SHOULD have better customer service in the event something is wrong with them.

also, a lot of companies does drop ship so even if you order from a vendor, it ships directly to you from the main warehouse.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for clarifying it. Either way I'm super happy with the quality so far.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the way the lights look but i think i like the color of the factory DRL and turn signals better.
Yeah I would have to agree on that. I'm more into amber these days and the factory I think looks more amber. Same reason I did not get the morimoto yellow fogs for the civic. They look more yellow. They do make amber fogs for my Tacoma and I have a pair laying around. Hmmm might try to see if those fit. I'm currently running the morimoto white fogs.

The morimotos do look cool though. Check out my Tacoma's amber signal.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200404_194312

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200407_181526_1

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yeah I would have to agree on that. I'm more into amber these days and the factory I think looks more amber. Same reason I did not get the morimoto yellow fogs for the civic. They look more yellow. They do make amber fogs for my Tacoma and I have a pair laying around. Hmmm might try to see if those fit. I'm currently running the morimoto white fogs.

The morimotos do look cool though. Check out my Tacoma's amber signal.
yeah. factory drl is a little more white and is an exact match to my white led sidemarkers. May change the sidemarker led to a slightly warmer white to match it better idk. That's just my OCD talking lol. The factory turn signal is definitely more amber. The morimoto is like yellow compared to it.

hard to capture the actual difference of the drl on a phone camera since you can't really lock ISO and the white balance but you can kind of see the difference. It was too hard to capture the difference in color on the turn signal and was too lazy to get the dslr out so i gave up.
Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights anzjsNS

but the aesthetics are killer lol.