Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I originally had TRS in the cart but it seemed just a little bit more expensive, even using the coupon code WRENCH15

I think this was because:

1. The 15% discount was applied to the total after sales tax was already factored to the original $850 amount.

2. There was a shipping charge. Alligator offered free shipping.

*** I see you also got 15% off the fogs, so that may balance it out ;) ***

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 9BE5DB7C-5C6C-4F1C-9082-84BBB04F5116

Actually 15% off TRS's price was 722.50 which is what Alligator performance is selling them for. Since TRS has been more known on the forums I went with them let alone got 15% also off the fogs too. Alligator performance didn't have 15% off the fogs. Looks like the TRS sale ended though today. I ordered a couple days ago and they shipped today.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I originally had TRS in the cart but it seemed just a little bit more expensive, even using the coupon code WRENCH1.

1. The 15% discount was applied to the total after sales tax was already factored to the original $850 amount.

9BE5DB7C-5C6C-4F1C-9082-84BBB04F5116.png
TRS is free shipping over $100. I did notice they did tax before the discount though like you mentioned.
Funny thing. Now I'm looking at morimotos for my Tacoma which are just as cool looking as the civic ones. I noticed another truck website has 20% off on morimoto right now... Super tempting. Haha.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights Screenshot_20200327-164035_Samsung Internet

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since TRS has been more known on the forums I went with them let alone got 15% also off the fogs too. Alligator performance didn't have 15% off the fogs. So TRS has the better deal if you're getting the combo.
Heh, I wonder if I entered WRENCH15 or WRENCH1....

Please post pics of the Fogs when you get them installed. Would love to see them. Was tempted on those. Very interested to see how fogs with a dark backing will look on our cars :)

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heh, I wonder if I entered WRENCH15 or WRENCH1....

Please post pics of the Fogs when you get them installed. Would love to see them. Was tempted on those. Very interested to see how fogs with a dark backing will look on our cars :)
Yeah me too. I'm going for this whole blacked out theme these days. The fogs are super popular with the Tacoma guys. I'm pretty sure I've seem people on civicx already post pics of the combo. I definitely like the cutoff line on the Morimoto fogs too.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I have a 2020 Si (found this subform on a Google search) and I'm almost certain the 2020 OEM reflector LED headlights are the same for the Si, Touring Sedan, Sport Touring Hatch, and CTR. Like some of you, I feel the OEM LED reflector headlights are certainly better than the crappy halogens on the lower trims, the output is splotchy and hot spot aimed way too low compared to some other cars I've had (previous car had a Mini H1 HID retrofit that was stellar and my other half's 2014 TSX with upgraded Osram CBI bulbs) so these lights have to at least be any upgrade in output/uniformity other than just looking aesthetically better.

The Morimoto branded version are currently $850 so it won't be too expensive of an upgrade if I can sell the OEM LED reflector headlights for $500 or so on eBay as they seem to be going for. But, again, I don't want to go backwards in actual light performance and output.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i was worried about all the adjustment screw issues that they had in the beginning too...
Is the consensus that the adjustment screw isn't as prone to break in the current version/shipments?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will post more pictures but I got my morimotos from TRS. Like others had stated the new ones have the European style box in the back for the adjustment. But, the plug hole is filled with silicone to not use it. And on that box is an adjustment screw. So the newer versions are definitely cleaner looking.
I did not get a chance to install my headlights and fogs yet but I did plug both lights in to make sure the highs and lows were working. Yeah these lights definitely have a wider beam battern and have a lot cleaner output than the stock fk8 LEDs. All the fuzziness is gone. You can see in the pics below the comparison of stock on the left and the morimoto light on the right (and a bit higher) that was just sitting on top of the engine bay.

I hope to get these installed soon when I have time. I also bought these now to install at the same time as my mishimoto intercooler and piping since I have to take off the bumper anyway.
My other fun project is installing my Tacoma morimotos tomorrow.

The top picture is the low beams (again the morimoto is high and to the right, stock is low and to the left).
The bottom is the high beams mixed with the low beams (again the morimoto is high and to the right).
Sorry for the crappy background.

Last edited:

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2020 Si (found this subform on a Google search) and I'm almost certain the 2020 OEM reflector LED headlights are the same for the Si, Touring Sedan, Sport Touring Hatch, and CTR. Like some of you, I feel the OEM LED reflector headlights are certainly better than the crappy halogens on the lower trims, the output is splotchy and hot spot aimed way too low compared to some other cars I've had (previous car had a Mini H1 HID retrofit that was stellar and my other half's 2014 TSX with upgraded Osram CBI bulbs) so these lights have to at least be any upgrade in output/uniformity other than just looking aesthetically better.

The Morimoto branded version are currently $850 so it won't be too expensive of an upgrade if I can sell the OEM LED reflector headlights for $500 or so on eBay as they seem to be going for. But, again, I don't want to go backwards in actual light performance and output.
OH again make sure you use TRS's 15% off at this time.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will post more pictures but I got my morimotos from TRS. Like others had stated the new ones have the European style box in the back for the adjustment. But, the plug hole is filled with silicone to not use it. And on that box is an adjustment screw. So the newer versions are definitely cleaner looking.
I did not get a chance to install my headlights and fogs yet but I did plug both lights in to make sure the highs and lows were working. Yeah these lights definitely have a wider beam battern and have a lot cleaner output than the stock fk8 LEDs. All the fuzziness is gone. You can see in the pics below the comparison of stock on the left and the morimoto light on the right (and a bit higher) that was just sitting on top of the engine bay.

I hope to get these installed soon when I have time. I also bought these now to install at the same time as my mishimoto intercooler and piping since I have to take off the bumper anyway.

The top picture is the low beams (again the morimoto is high and to the right, stock is low and to the left).
The bottom is the high beams mixed with the low beams (again the morimoto is high and to the right).

View attachment 208717

View attachment 208718
You rock! That's pretty much what I was looking for - output clarity vs the blotchiness of the OEM LED reflectors.

We're in the same boat as far as install projects and kiling two birds with one stone; orders for the 27WON intercooler open back up on the 22nd so I'll have that installed at the same time the bumper is off to do the headlights.

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Is the consensus that the adjustment screw isn't as prone to break in the current version/shipments?
i hope so lol. Just asking cause rather be safe than sorry with all the issues people had earlier.

they seem to have a wider output and the light intensity spread out throughout the whole area vs the oem one where the alot of the intensity is in the middle. Probably why people says the output is weaker because the intensity in front of you is lower.

JumpmanReese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
Country flag
I originally had TRS in the cart but it seemed just a little bit more expensive, even using the coupon code WRENCH15

*** I see you also got 15% off the fogs, so that may balance it out ;) ***

Funny thing is I ordered from Alligator because they were cheaper but when I received my tracking information it shows the lights are shipping out from TRS . LoL.
Looks like these guys work together on some front.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright so I spent pretty much the entire day installing the intercooler and headlights. The mishimoto intercooler included the tubes also so that added time. I also did some painting of the crash bar to keep the black theme as seen from the outside of the car. I also has 3m clear film that I covered the headlight with. I used the "WET" method along with a heat gun. Still waiting for the tiny bubbles to all eventually fade away. I thought after I did the install that one of the headlights was not working because it had the sequential doing an erratic pattern. I tested with a multimeter and realized that my battery drained somehow and this caused the lights to do this. After connecting my charger to the car they work great now. A couple things that caught my eye. One is that the yellow signal is almost like a soft yellow (but still super bright) and I'm usually used to more of a crisp amber on most my upgraded lights in my vehicle. Another thing is the DRL is stupid bright. I mean you can see my car from super far and when they are on with the headlights it's almost like having additional headlights. I'm not complaining as it's awesome. And lastly, my headlights came pretty much already at the same heights and almost identical in height to my stock lights. I only did some minor tweaking of the height after.

Last edited:

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright so I spent pretty much the entire day installing the intercooler and headlights. The mishimoto intercooler included the tubes also so that added time. I also did some painting of the crash bar to keep the black theme as seen from the outside of the car. I also has 3m clear film that I covered the headlight with. I used the "WET" method along with a heat gun. Still waiting for the tiny bubbles to all eventually fade away. I thought after I did the install that one of the headlights was not working because it had the sequential doing an erratic pattern. I tested with a multimeter and realized that my battery drained somehow and this caused the lights to do this. After connecting my charger to the car they work great now. A couple things that caught my eye. One is that the yellow signal is almost like a soft yellow (but still super bright) and I'm usually used to more of a crisp amber on most my upgraded lights in my vehicle. Another thing is the DRL is stupid bright. I mean you can see my car from super far and when they are on with the headlights it's almost like having additional headlights. I'm not complaining as it's awesome. And lastly, my headlights came pretty much already at the same heights and almost identical in height to my stock lights. I only did some minor tweaking of the height after.

View attachment 208942

View attachment 208943

View attachment 208944

View attachment 208945
Awesome! So no issues with the adjusting screw being super brittle/breaking after only a few turns?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Thanks for some of the pics.
the DRL doesn't dim down slightly when the headlights turn on?
i like the color of the factory turn signals but it looks like the morimotos are more yellow than the factory ambers?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for some of the pics.
the DRL doesn't dim down slightly when the headlights turn on?
i like the color of the factory turn signals but it looks like the morimotos are more yellow than the factory ambers?
Yes definitely more yellow than amber which kinda trips me out. All my other lights... Rear sequentials and suma mirror signals are all amber so these don't match. I'm not complaining... It is just different is all.
The drls should dim down from what I've read. But I did not test this out yet.

OH and on another note. I was not able to finish my install on the foglights. I did mount them but the plug is different on the morimotos than the one for the stock LED type r fogs. So I will have to track down that connector.
Sponsored