J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
For me I think a lot of it has to do with the optical illusion. I've been used to other cars HID/LED upgrades lights spraying super bright light everywhere lighting my way. Now that I have a controlled cutoff line it seems darker... Anywhere above my cutoff line especially. Besides, I wasn't fond of how dim the stock LEDs were either.
nah, i know what good output is since i have been in the retrofit game for over a decade. Been on hidplanet forums and buying parts from TRS for years lol. I don't consider hid kits and led bulbs in halogen projectors to be good output.

I'm just spoiled by good lightning i guess lol. I like the fact that there is a cutoff but there's a slight blockage of light (which you can see in the cutoff and is pretty pronounced on when driving imo) towards the step of the cutoff and majority of the light output is right in front with the sides being really dark.

this is the blockage of light that i mean. It's not very big but the farther out you go, more pronounced it is.
Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights c95yzU

maybe once i get more seat time, i'll change my mind. I don't think i will though lol.
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
got this on last night. i’ve been contemplating on this for a while coz i don’t want to make it look too dark. looks great with the J’s grill.

7827B89A-737A-4ACC-B094-41DE9AEE21C4.jpeg
9B36E20B-1753-48C6-8354-F661884616E3.jpeg

C63735FE-3DD5-4469-853D-6664B3D15D85.jpeg
Man that grill looks great alone. But yeah that's a nice combo. Does the J's Grill come already painted or do you have to have it painted?

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
Both sides are on and bumper back on.

Now if only my hood will show up ??

13TEYEq.jpg
Hey! I've seen you post a lot of forums and have a lot of knowledge. Do you have a thread build on the site?

Whats your thoughts on those honda access yellow fog lights?

Will you be changing the grille? I've heard a lot of people notice a difference with the A/C and IAT some with a different grille with better air flow..

Your car looks very clean!

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
I guess you can't get 15% off these headlights anymore...I guess there was an holiday special going on...

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess you can't get 15% off these headlights anymore...I guess there was an holiday special going on...
Yep just wait until the next big holiday. I know black Friday is usually the best deal.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hey! I've seen you post a lot of forums and have a lot of knowledge. Do you have a thread build on the site?

Whats your thoughts on those honda access yellow fog lights?

Will you be changing the grille? I've heard a lot of people notice a difference with the A/C and IAT some with a different grille with better air flow..

Your car looks very clean!
thanks!
I do not have a build thread unfortunately. I been wanting to make one for a while but I don't think i have the patience that some people do with creating threads and posting a lot of pictures/diy stuff lol.

i am a fan of the honda access lights. The output itself is basically similar to stock except in yellow.

my original plan was to buy the new 2020 grille but once i saw that it deletes the section above for the intake air i changed my mind. I will most likely be going with the either the seibon carbon grille with the bigger opening, evs grille or cut the current grille myself. I just don't know if i want to take my chances on a seibon grille that has bad fitment.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love your CBP flipnrr... So clean and straight fire! Morimotos/OLM and the J’s is an aggressive combo. I’m digging what you did with the Type R lettering. debating whether to do the same... or stick on the grill mesh.

Still waiting for the red H badge to arrive. Is your badge US or JDM? Wondering if both versions will fit the J’s badge holder and I could have just got one here and been done with it, ?

got this on last night. i’ve been contemplating on this for a while coz i don’t want to make it look too dark. looks great with the J’s grill.

7827B89A-737A-4ACC-B094-41DE9AEE21C4.jpeg
9B36E20B-1753-48C6-8354-F661884616E3.jpeg

C63735FE-3DD5-4469-853D-6664B3D15D85.jpeg

flipnrr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r - 2004 S2000
Country flag
Love your CBP flipnrr... So clean and straight fire! Morimotos/OLM and the J’s is an aggressive combo. I’m digging what you did with the Type R lettering. debating whether to do the same... or stick on the grill mesh.

Still waiting for the red H badge to arrive. Is your badge US or JDM? Wondering if both versions will fit the J’s badge holder and I could have just got one here and been done with it, ?
thanks! yeah i’m trying to be careful not to make it overly aggressive, getting a couple more stuff for the exterior and that would be it.

i just ordered my badges thru the dealer so not sure what’s the difference with JDM version. at first thought about putting the type r badge on the mesh like factory then i saw the j’s shop car and thats what i’ve decided to place it, either way i think it’ll look good.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
nah, i know what good output is since i have been in the retrofit game for over a decade. Been on hidplanet forums and buying parts from TRS for years lol. I don't consider hid kits and led bulbs in halogen projectors to be good output.

I'm just spoiled by good lightning i guess lol. I like the fact that there is a cutoff but there's a slight blockage of light (which you can see in the cutoff and is pretty pronounced on when driving imo) towards the step of the cutoff and majority of the light output is right in front with the sides being really dark.

this is the blockage of light that i mean. It's not very big but the farther out you go, more pronounced it is.
c95yzUg.png

maybe once i get more seat time, i'll change my mind. I don't think i will though lol.
I'll start out by saying that mine have the exact same notch left of center that you show here. Both lights have the spot, so it's gotta be somethign with the way the shields were designed.

I finally got these installed and have had some time driving with them at night. Initially, I was very unimpressed after a quick and dirty height adjustment. Actually contemplated selling them and doing a retrofit for better output. I've done several retros and currently have D2S projectors in our CR-V, and I was disappointed that I didn't have similar output in the CTR.

Then I spent more time working on aiming them, and it turns out they needed to go considerably higher than I had originally positioned them. After readjusting and driving more, I have to say it's a significant improvement. I honestly feel like they are about 90% of what the D2S retro has for output, with the main downside being the width as mentioned. However, this was much better after properly adjusting height. The high beams are also fairly narrow, but their range is very impressive for LEDs.

I'll have some before and after shots here sometime this week, showing output at various exposure levels to show the beam pattern. But I am very happy with the output and they are definitely an upgrade from OEM.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll start out by saying that mine have the exact same notch left of center that you show here. Both lights have the spot, so it's gotta be somethign with the way the shields were designed.

I finally got these installed and have had some time driving with them at night. Initially, I was very unimpressed after a quick and dirty height adjustment. Actually contemplated selling them and doing a retrofit for better output. I've done several retros and currently have D2S projectors in our CR-V, and I was disappointed that I didn't have similar output in the CTR.

Then I spent more time working on aiming them, and it turns out they needed to go considerably higher than I had originally positioned them. After readjusting and driving more, I have to say it's a significant improvement. I honestly feel like they are about 90% of what the D2S retro has for output, with the main downside being the width as mentioned. However, this was much better after properly adjusting height. The high beams are also fairly narrow, but their range is very impressive for LEDs.

I'll have some before and after shots here sometime this week, showing output at various exposure levels to show the beam pattern. But I am very happy with the output and they are definitely an upgrade from OEM.
I agree that this was my impression with the lights. I actually went through the same issue on my trucks morimotos so it seems to be a common thing. But man I love how clean my front end looks with these lights.

By the way guys, TRS is running another 10% off for memorial day weekend.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights D86B5F7C-A579-431A-8085-9EFA118148E9

Yes really love the difference in the aesthetics these headlights make. When contemplating a set, wasn’t sure what the hoopla was about...But that TRS/Alligator sale a couple months back was too good to pass up. Now that they are on, definitely “necksnapping” good as some have mentioned with their lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights D5240A79-6F25-4E71-970E-1C13C3718737

Considering the Morimoto fogs. Here is what the black version probably would look like.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights F5B8B460-8879-4BC5-87FC-268C42ED9DF9

Here’s how the yellow laminate +$20 option might look.

Leaning towards black fogs to keep with the current color scheme...but both options look nice...shoot, OEM looks great ;)

Is there a 10% off coupon code? Have them in the basket, but don’t see any option for a discount. They are $175 for a set.

But man I love how clean my front end looks with these lights.

By the way guys, TRS is running another 10% off for memorial day weekend.

Last edited:

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
D86B5F7C-A579-431A-8085-9EFA118148E9.png

Yes really love the difference in the aesthetics these headlights make. When contemplating a set, wasn’t sure what the hoopla was about...But that TRS/Alligator sale a couple months back was too good to pass up. Now that they are on, definitely “necksnapping” good as some have mentioned.

D5240A79-6F25-4E71-970E-1C13C3718737.jpeg

Thinking of trying the Morimoto fogs. Here is what the black version probably would look like.

F5B8B460-8879-4BC5-87FC-268C42ED9DF9.jpeg

Here’s how the yellow laminate +$20 option might look.

Leaning towards black fogs to keep with the current color scheme...but both options look nice...shoot, OEM looks great ;)

Is there a 10% off coupon code? Have them in the basket, but don’t see any option for a discount. They are $175 for a set.
Coupon code is MEMORIAL2020. After you put in your address in guest check out it will allow you to put in a coupon code before paying. It gives you the 10% off.

I went with these fog lights because they match the headlights. Plus I like the blacked out look with no chrome. I basically bought clear 3M protection film through Amazon and covered both my headlights and fog lights. It does give them kind of a reflective property but then I'm glad that at least I have the protection from rock chips.

By the way these aren't direct plug and play. I tried the source plugs that would be able to reverse to plug into the stock plug but I did not have any luck. I even contacted the retrofit source. Part of me was thinking that the same plug would work from the Honda Access yellow lights but I just didn't feel like spending 50 bucks. I ended up just tapping right into the fog light harnesses. Also there is some trimming of these lights in order for them to fit. There are YouTube videos on how to do it. Just be careful not to crack the plastic when trimming it.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights Screenshot_20200525-073019_Samsung Internet

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200523_190617_03

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 20200525_073827