J's Racing Fk8 Grill

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Absolutely not.

I bought a FRP replica J's grill made by EPR International off of eBay late last year. Ended up selling it to a friend with an FK7.

That replica fits like absolute shit. It's 1-2 cm narrower than the real thing so it can't properly clip into the bumper. The J's has fitment issues but they're nowhere near as bad as the replicas.

2f779c2a-bac0-4d27-8386-8e31850f88ec.jpg
Holy crap, that’s way beyond bad fitment ?

Alim_N

First Name
Alim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got the J's grill and bumper on the car :)
I think I got lucky with the top edge fitment as I did not have to mess with it at all.
Very impressed with the size of the intake/gap to move air through, even with the Honda front badge logo holder in place.
I will post up better pictures in the next few days as I just got it done late today.
Good looking combo with the J's/Morimoto headlights.

IMG_2005.jpeg
Thank you for the detailed install instructions. Mine didn't come with them and I couldn't have done it without your help.

My fitment wasn't perfect, but that top line was aligned well. Worst fitment was around the inner corners of the headlights.

Had it painted by the shop that does Honda's work in town.

IMO, well worth the hassle. I love the look. I left the Honda symbol out for now.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing Fk8 Grill 20200728_140731

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing Fk8 Grill 20200728_140803

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Alim, looks great on your black CTR. Also looks really good with the J's/Mirimoto headlights :thumbsup: I'm sure your engine bay will like the extra air, especially this summer (its been a warm one around here).

Glad I was label to help.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Absolutely not.

I bought a FRP replica J's grill made by EPR International off of eBay late last year. Ended up selling it to a friend with an FK7.

That replica fits like absolute shit. It's 1-2 cm narrower than the real thing so it can't properly clip into the bumper. The J's has fitment issues but they're nowhere near as bad as the replicas.

One of the local fellow here also gone cheap route and bought EPR shit...
It fits exactly like yours and the gap is unreal...
I got to see it personal few days ago and I dont know how to comment on it. Knock off j's belongs to the junk yard only.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys for sharing the installation tips and end result with emblem base..
I am on fence buying this grill with emblem base.. I like it with the emblem..
But not sure if I have the guts to sand down a $900 grill ...

This grill looks great on all of you guys car.. white black red!!!
I wrapped my car full yellow last year, looking forward to join the j's grill club

Last edited:

lestat2369

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR/GTR/MX5
Country flag
anyone have Parking sensors and how they can keep them when going to a aftermarket grill...

Thanks!!

Gily

First Name
Gily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I got mine last week, painted it and installed last night and the fit is perfect without any modifications, I bought a new Honda emblem and installed into the holder and while I was installing the holder into the grill it fell and broke the badge LOL, love the look, Im doing the HKS intercooler install as well as PRL downpipe and frontpipe

RRsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I got mine last week, painted it and installed last night and the fit is perfect without any modifications, I bought a new Honda emblem and installed into the holder and while I was installing the holder into the grill it fell and broke the badge LOL, love the look, Im doing the HKS intercooler install as well as PRL downpipe and frontpipe
You bought the authentic J's grill and it came with perfect fitment (flush everything)? Pics! Also, what was the total cost including paint & install? (grill + paint + install)

Gily

First Name
Gily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
You bought the authentic J's grill and it came with perfect fitment (flush everything)? Pics! Also, what was the total cost including paint & install? (grill + paint + install)
Yes authentic and it was perfect fitment, the cost for the grill plus badge holder was I think $825 plus $150 for painting the grill (Color code Berlina Black NH547) I installed the grill myself its an easy install following the instructions provided on this thread as the instructions that come with the grill are really bad. I placed the order with @MsJsRacing via Instagram/paypal she is J's racing representative in the US you can send her an email to [email protected]

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing Fk8 Grill js grill1
Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing Fk8 Grill js grill2

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Absolutely not.

How does your friend live with that horrible gap?

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
I know that the answer for my question was indirectly answered a few pages earlier but would you guys say that the grille is applicable to LX/EX trims? I called VividRacing that sells this grille and it sounded like the guy was reading off of a script as his answer didn't sound confident and replied with "I guess so...". Also, would you guys say that I could interchange the grille to an FK8 if I were to upgrade my trim later down a few years from now? Thanks guys.
Sponsored