ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
@fatherpain id like to put the H badge on this grill. Do you think there is a work around with out cutting the center piece? Can i use that center piece to perhaps mount the J racing emblem mount?
Sponsored

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi ATM,

Here are the install stuff I posted for the J's install. Try looking at posts 258 and 260. They show the center badge install and also pics of the plastic center post. Can see from there how it may fit. Looking at the pics, I do not suggest attempting to mount the emblem holder to the plastic post. Its not straight and has a bend. The result might be the center holder angles up or sticks out too far. Definitely echo the suggestion to paint the red plastic post black so it isn't seen.

There may be a way to sandwich the center emblem to the grill mesh with screws, lockwashers and fender washers, not sure. Suggest verifying the dimensions of the center badge holder will fit the grill opening before dropping the money for one.

J’s Racing grill Post #219, #223, #255, #256, #257, #258, #259, #260, #261, #262, #263, #282, #285, #672, #692

@fatherpain id like to put the H badge on this grill. Do you think there is a work around with out cutting the center piece? Can i use that center piece to perhaps mount the J racing emblem mount?

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
verifying the dimensions of the center badge holder will fit the grill opening before dropping the money for one.
Yep.

I'd be surprised if the badge holder fit without modification on that grill if it fits at all. This is ignoring the fact the badge holder would stick out significantly more..

For example, in addition to improvising the mount, you would need to shave the emblem holder to fit the replica J's grill. The opening of the replica is somewhat smaller than the real one.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Has anyone run this grille without the mesh? I’m thinking about removing the mesh by idk if that’s risking any debris damage.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Has anyone ran the grill as a daily in wet weather? Just seeing if rain does get in the grill or if the mesh is that small

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not advisable to do so. Risk damaging the AC condenser that sits immediately behind.

Has anyone run this grille without the mesh? I’m thinking about removing the mesh by idk if that’s risking any debris damage.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m in SoCal and we don’t see much rain... but don’t think water getting in the grill is an issue, especially since the stock grills have openings also.

Has anyone ran the grill as a daily in wet weather? Just seeing if rain does get in the grill or if the mesh is that small

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Yep, no issues. Lots of people are running aftermarket grills with larger openings (this, ebay, etc). Water is going to get past any grill you run.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I’m in SoCal and we don’t see much rain... but don’t think water getting in the grill is an issue, especially since the stock grills have openings also.
Yep, no issues. Lots of people are running aftermarket grills with larger openings (this, ebay, etc). Water is going to get past any grill you run.
Thanks Tom and @jakdotdot! Where I reside it snows 8/12 months with a hit and miss of rain. I just don't want to cause issues because I know when the snow hits my radars since I have a 20 model it becomes "blind" by it

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Yes, the grill will collapse if you cut the center beam in the bumper cover, so keep that and I'll paint it black instead to hide the center beam. Here is how it looks like on another car with the similar grill by keeping the center support beam.

1614387159806.png

No, because what @ATM has on his vehicle is yet another knockoff modified version inspired by the J's. There are significant differences.

The original J's Racing grill is twice deeper so the vertical beam will be in its way. You do have to cut the center beam if it's a 100% Chinese copy like this one.
This youtube, who has same rep grill i have cut the center beam with no collapse. See video @ 02:15

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Had the middle piece in the grill cut. It doesn’t sag as originally thought.
this is the American Modified’s J’s racing replica grill.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing Fk8 Grill 5A983D57-8BAE-40D8-9E79-BA33F339D041

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This youtube, who has same rep grill i have cut the center beam with no collapse. See video @ 02:15

Had the middle piece in the grill cut. It doesn’t sag as originally thought.
this is the American Modified’s J’s racing replica grill.

5A983D57-8BAE-40D8-9E79-BA33F339D041.jpeg

It will sag over time since there is literally nothing there to support the structure. With the oem grill and bumper, the front bumper sags over time as you see many people are having issue with this. The tabs in the grill disengaged because the bumper cover is sagging over time so it's forcing the grill out.

The vertical beam is an important structure since there's a large opening in the bumper for the grill, and the grill is too fragile. I have to put a metal bracket there to keep structure 2 years ago so that it won't sag, it works until now.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing Fk8 Grill 1618629039035

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing Fk8 Grill 1618628907043

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing Fk8 Grill 1618628918910

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
BCB1F268-A170-44F5-95A3-370C78A5CA45.jpeg
Following metal_driver’s and Boosted180sx’s lead and painting the crash bumper black and also the AC condenser (lightly).
What’s the spray paint can and brand did you use?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just used a flat black spray paint from Home Depot. Any brand should do the trick :)

Reactions: ATM