J's Racing Exhaust Quality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, F80 M3, S2000
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with J's Racing exhaust quality wise, in any car model application? I have read the review that talked about bad welding and a couple people mentioned about their cheap material used and getting rust out. I live in the midwest and the exhaust will see salt in the winter so I am concerning about the durability of it surviving through the winters. I just want to gather more inputs from people who had experience with J's Racing's exhausts (fk8 or other platform) or heard about it from other owners before pulling the trigger on J's or the more reliable HKS.

Thanks!
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with J's Racing exhaust quality wise, in any car model application? I have read the review that talked about bad welding and a couple people mentioned about their cheap material used and getting rust out. I live in the midwest and the exhaust will see salt in the winter so I am concerning about the durability of it surviving through the winters. I just want to gather more inputs from people who had experience with J's Racing's exhausts (fk8 or other platform) or heard about it from other owners before pulling the trigger on J's or the more reliable HKS.

Thanks!
yeah, I think you've heard the same as we have. I saw it on here and facebook about crappy welds...saw the pics, it was bad, lol

Kamui

R-20019
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Championship White R-20019
Country flag

Thanks!
I used to own a header back 70rr for the CL7 and it was a very well made exhaust but it was when J's Racing was well made compared to now. The current exhaust seem very cheaply made for the price and it seems they are hoping others will buy from their old reputation. I saw from the first batches of exhaust looking like crap but I hope they improve since then.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
I was about to buy this until i heard about the quality issue. 2G this shouldnt be an issue but it is and to quote shark tank, thats why im out! lol

Part of me feels like you're paying for the JDM goodness name. I will say a lot of the exhaust for this car are over priced but thats my opinion.

Roadcone

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 FR-S + '19 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
J's has always been one of the ultra premium mad-tyte JDM brands. I would be very surprised if they had quality issues.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
J's has always been one of the ultra premium mad-tyte JDM brands. I would be very surprised if they had quality issues.
unfortunately this seems to be the case. There are a few threads about the quality issues.

spaghettixsauce

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised at all, considering J's headlights are manufactured in Taiwan by CoPlus. I get the whole "JDM" thing, but you can find better stuff in the U.S. tbh.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, F80 M3, S2000
Country flag
It seems they used to be well made but now they are slacking. It's a bummer cause I really like the way it looks and sounds. You guys think it's just bad welds (discoloration, starting and stopping)? Wonder it might have serious durability issues exposing to harsh winters given the poor QC (not sure what stainless they use).

Last edited:

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru STI (Sold) / 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Switched from the Miltek part-resonated system to the J's system earlier this year... I have not had any issues and love the sound - I also live somewhere that does not have harsh winters - quality seemed ok to me although I am not a weld quality expert lol.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Switched from the Miltek part-resonated system to the J's system earlier this year... I have not had any issues and love the sound - I also live somewhere that does not have harsh winters - quality seemed ok to me although I am not a weld quality expert lol.
yeah, I hear you on the welding thing...I'm no expert either. I saw the pics and complaints...but I would never have thought twice about it, lol. Good you like it though, I had almost went with it, but heard the drone was bad?
I went from milltek to legamax, legamax isn't loud at all, but there's times when I wish it was a little more aggressive like my milltek was.

Roadcone

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 FR-S + '19 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised at all, considering J's headlights are manufactured in Taiwan by CoPlus. I get the whole "JDM" thing, but you can find better stuff in the U.S. tbh.
its not that its just JDM but they were always one of the top tier quality shops period just like Amuse Powerhouse or Akrapovic

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah, I hear you on the welding thing...I'm no expert either. I saw the pics and complaints...but I would never have thought twice about it, lol. Good you like it though, I had almost went with it, but heard the drone was bad?
I went from milltek to legamax, legamax isn't loud at all, but there's times when I wish it was a little more aggressive like my milltek was.
The drone isn’t too bad - on highways it is there but nothing that bothers me ( I know everyone is different and has different tolerances). This system has an extremely deep tone when getting up to speed going through 1st-4th gears - that is where this system is at its loudest to me.

Glad to see the legamax system is working out well

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
@Honda_Elite which version J's are you running. I see a plus version of the 70rs thats 1.9k and one that is 2.5k so i am getting pretty confused LOL

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Honda_Elite which version J's are you running. I see a plus version of the 70rs thats 1.9k and one that is 2.5k so i am getting pretty confused LOL
I am running the "race" non-resonated loud SUS system (cheaper version). The $2500 version is a new resonated system that is street legal in regards to sound levels.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
@Honda_Elite is it mind numbingly loud? I've always wanted an j's racing exhaust ever since my s2000 days but opted for Amuse. I'm also seeing Tomei is gonna be making an exhaust for the FK8 soon as well.
Sponsored