Dude66

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8, GT-R R35
Country flag
Thanks. I located the yellow (constant), red (ACC) and black ground wires. They are all on the right connector position. I mailed Joying in the hope it's a canbus issue. That would also explain why the climate controls on screen with the exception of On/Off and temp control, correspond with button inputs.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Has anyone got theJoying front and rear cameras with their head unit? If so, do you reckon it's a worthwhile upgrade over the standard rear camera?

Also, what's the UI like for swapping between them? I found some pics online of the rear camera and it looked nice and clear, but the parking guide lines looked a bit wonky. Is that the case?

Thanks.

panmaciej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X, 1.5T
Country flag
Has anyone got theJoying front and rear cameras with their head unit? If so, do you reckon it's a worthwhile upgrade over the standard rear camera?

Also, what's the UI like for swapping between them? I found some pics online of the rear camera and it looked nice and clear, but the parking guide lines looked a bit wonky. Is that the case?

Thanks.
I don't have the front camera but have replaced the rear camera, and the difference is a night and day. Very good image quality. The stock camera looks even crapier on joying then it does on stock HU due to the better screen. The parking lines can be adjusted, initally i wasn't happy about them but after some trial and error with settings im satisfied. I think it has a bit different focal lenght than original one so, that is why parking lines need to be readjusted.
Also this camera doens't support 3 focal lengths where you could switch from wider to shorter view like in stock one.
But overall, for me its totally worth it, the image is great in all conditions and thats what matters for me in the end.

panmaciej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X, 1.5T
Country flag
Similar to the original head unit. I always thought the speakers are the real limiting factor. Not sure if plug and play speaker sets are available.
These speakers are more than fine as a midrange speakers, but not for the bass. I've intalled underseat subwoofer and filtered out the bass from the door speakers and its a night and day how it sounds now.

HenWee

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Hoping for some help here. I Tried to install this headunit yesterday, but after installation there was 6 connectors left. I think 2 of them goes to the climate control, so that leaves 4 connectors. Turn the power on and the screen was black. Did a couple of power cycles and I got to the main menu. There is a constant ticking sound when the unit is on, no video when in reverse, no sound coming from speaker. Help!
Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1000030688
Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1000030687
Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1000030685
Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1000030690
Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1000030689
Honda Civic 10th gen Joying 9" Install Guide on 2020 Civic Type R 1000030686