Jonnys_honda Civic Type R FK8 Build

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
whoa..interesting on the mounts. hasport should be better since that's all they've done for the last 20 years. However, i had lots of fitment issues on my trans side hasport mount. Make sure it doesn't hit your trans when you're installing the bracket. They ended up sending a replacement. But that didn't fit properly either. I had to open up holes and machine some spacers. Maybe I got short end of the stick. Other than that, been holding up good for multiple track days for me. Love mine.
Sponsored

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info on mounting the splitter. It's great to see others adapting and getting the job done. I will say this though, Racebred is coming out with FK8 specific quick release brackets. They should be in production soon.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info on mounting the splitter. It's great to see others adapting and getting the job done. I will say this though, Racebred is coming out with FK8 specific quick release brackets. They should be in production soon.
Yes I keep in touch with them. I’ll definitely grab a set when they are ready for production! I had tried to retrofit one of their s2k quick release mounts but couldn’t make it work without removing the brake ducts.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I keep in touch with them. I’ll definitely grab a set when they are ready for production! I had tried to retrofit one of their s2k quick release mounts but couldn’t make it work without removing the brake ducts.
Gotcha! Charles used my car for the prototype, hoping to see the production set in a couple weeks or so.

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you ever get a chance to take pics of the rear bracket?

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I assume you mean for the splitter.

94739756-6EE0-486B-B42A-8760D953AD48.jpeg
Yeah!
So you just had the splitter held with those brackets and the splitter rods? I know you said you bought 6, but only saw 4 pictured. Were the other 2 in locations we couldn’t see?

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah!
So you just had the splitter held with those brackets and the splitter rods? I know you said you bought 6, but only saw 4 pictured. Were the other 2 in locations we couldn’t see?
I used 4 and those brackets in the photo. I have two as spare for the moment as backup if I have a failure on track. Ideally would like the fk8 Racebred brackets, but I don’t think they’re ready yet.

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I used 4 and those brackets in the photo. I have two as spare for the moment as backup if I have a failure on track. Ideally would like the fk8 Racebred brackets, but I don’t think they’re ready yet.
Oh okay cool! I’m about to order 4 rods.
Wanted to make sure about the brackets in the back for support.
I might end up making my own splitter lol

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh okay cool! I’m about to order 4 rods.
Wanted to make sure about the brackets in the back for support.
I might end up making my own splitter lol
Yeah many make their own, no issues on that front. Good luck and be sure to show us!

bngtrrz

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah many make their own, no issues on that front. Good luck and be sure to show us!
Will do!
Debating if I want to pair it with the stock lip or with EVS. I have the EVS lip under the bed right now chillin.
I’m not sure how to measure how much lower I should make the splitter sit if I do decide to use the EVS lip ?

Valkyrie1LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro SS 1LE 2019 Honda Accord
Country flag
In other news, HKS announces their coilover will be available mid-end of June!!
upload_2018-5-21_15-28-23.png

Hey Jonny, sorry to bring up an old thread. I'm about to get a new CTR really soon. I know you were lowered on springs during this time. I'm looking to purchase wheels and a little bit lost on which set up to go with. If i stay stock suspension, what size wheel, offset and tire size to fill up the fender gap as much as possible without rubbing? And if I lower with eibach springs what's the maximum set up I can run without rubbing, cutting and doing crazy camber adjustments? Basically put on and drive! lol Thank you in advance! Your advice will be upmost appreciative. By the way, you have a top notch ride sir!