Jonnys Honda Sport Touring Build Thread

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Just a heads up, I ordered my sportlines from procivic and got bent over with the price and shipping. I ended up ordering my strut bar and spc kit from showstoppers on Friday. Cheaper and free shipping and I've ordered from them before with no complaints.
Really? It's $20 cheaper than the cheapest I've seen so far. Did the shipping screw you over? Which strut did you go with and what's SPC?

I was going to go with AutoAnywhere for the sportlines b/c they have free shipping and 3% cash back with ebates. Looks like AutoAnywhere price matches too. I'll just show them PROcivic's price.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jonny, where'd you purchase your sportlines and pro-alignment kit from? I'm looking at Auto Anything right now and their website says the pro-alignment kit doesn't fit our hatches? Also, is the Injen SP the only CA legal intake from Injen for us? Comparing this to the CAI from PROcivic.

EDIT:
Just read on AutoAnything that the SP intake is not CARB certified and EO is still pending. How'd you get yours?
My vendor AFHKparts.com got me a great price for the Sportlines. I saved on shipping by picking up at Eibach in corona.

The intake has to go thru the carb process, then Injen will issue a sticker.

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a heads up, I ordered my sportlines from procivic and got bent over with the price and shipping. I ended up ordering my strut bar and spc kit from showstoppers on Friday. Cheaper and free shipping and I've ordered from them before with no complaints.
I was curious about this. I ordered my Sportlines from Kseries the other day and their shipping was free, but noticed Procivic selling for $27 less. They made it up in shipping?

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My vendor AFHKparts.com got me a great price for the Sportlines. I saved on shipping by picking up at Eibach in corona.

The intake has to go thru the carb process, then Injen will issue a sticker.
So eventually Injen SP will get a CARB EO? I guess I'll just hold off for the time being.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A bit confused, your first post said you went with the Eibach pro-alignment kit, but pics from the suspension install had the SPC camber kit. Which one did you use? AutoAnything says that Eibach hasn't made their pro-alignment kit for our hatches yet. :confused1:

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A bit confused, your first post said you went with the Eibach pro-alignment kit, but pics from the suspension install had the SPC camber kit. Which one did you use? AutoAnything says that Eibach hasn't made their pro-alignment kit for our hatches yet. :confused1:
Eibach sells the SPC arms inside their pro-alignment kit.

Very confusing indeed.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Looks great, I was curious what is the process or way to handle rock chips in front eventually ? Or is the vinyl thick enough it acts like a clear bra ?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was curious about this. I ordered my Sportlines from Kseries the other day and their shipping was free, but noticed Procivic selling for $27 less. They made it up in shipping?
OP forgive me for taking this off topic but now I'm curious what others paid for their Sportlines. I ordered from MAPerformance and paid $208.80 shipped for the springs and $164.26 shipped for the SPC camber arms.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great, I was curious what is the process or way to handle rock chips in front eventually ? Or is the vinyl thick enough it acts like a clear bra ?
It's not as thick as a clear bra. You'll have to not tailgate people to avoid rock chips LOL

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
It's not as thick as a clear bra. You'll have to not tailgate people to avoid rock chips LOL
Even then, the windshield is so dang big and brittle, it's bound to have rock chips. I didn't even make it to 1000 miles on the odo before I got my first chip.

Car looks great Jonny! Your car is making want to buy TE37s.. Wait a minute..my car is suppose to be the commuter..

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even then, the windshield is so dang big and brittle, it's bound to have rock chips. I didn't even make it to 1000 miles on the odo before I got my first chip.

Car looks great Jonny! Your car is making want to buy TE37s.. Wait a minute..my car is suppose to be the commuter..
My car is a commutter.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Country flag
Awesome looking! How easy is it to clean? May have to do this to mine at some point.
Following this for sure.
Sponsored