First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you planning to keep the recaro as the same height or lower the seating position?
If I stick to that design above, then the seating position would be lower than OEM (seat at lowest setting).

I may however shim my bracket to raise the Recaro closer to OEM height. That's what I'll look into tonight.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to revise my design. I need 1/4" x2" for the front and 1/4"x3" steel flat bar for the rear.

3/8" was too thick and didn't allow me to fully secure a nut over the bolt attached to the seat rail.
Honda Civic 10th gen Jonnys Honda Sport Touring Build Thread IMG_0891.JPG

I did mock up my first design on the seat and have decided to go with flush bolts for the recaro seats.

Honda Civic 10th gen Jonnys Honda Sport Touring Build Thread IMG_0906.JPG

I also figured out how the motor works to slide the seat. Attach two leads to 12V power! Reverse polarity to make the seat slide in the opposite direction.
Honda Civic 10th gen Jonnys Honda Sport Touring Build Thread IMG_0896.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Jonnys Honda Sport Touring Build Thread IMG_0898.JPG

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
I'm digging the wrap. Nice mods overall so far! Strangely enough, my license plate number on my Sports Hatch also begins with "7XT," and I swear I saw another one on the road the other day here in the Bay Area.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Car is officially in for surgery.... Full Wrap by Elite Wraps in Arcadia,CA.
AND...... FRONT SPLITTER AND DIFFUSERS by AEROFLOW DYNAMICS

They are fully sponsoring my car to develop a front splitter, side and rear diffusers for the Hatchback!!
They approached me when I was at the shop a few weeks ago getting my roof wrapped. Should be complete by Friday.

Before shots when I dropped her off this afternoon.
(Shots taken with my new Nikon D750 and 50mm Prime lens)
IMG_0641.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
i wanna know how that SPC camber kit is doing for you. can anyone chime in on the quality vs to other brands like truhart or skunk2?

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
i wanna know how that SPC camber kit is doing for you. can anyone chime in on the quality vs to other brands like truhart or skunk2?
I called Eibach directly and they recommended them without me asking. I asked if their pro-alignment kit fits our 2017 hatches and they said no, but use the SPC camber arms instead.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
I called Eibach directly and they recommended them without me asking. I asked if their pro-alignment kit fits our 2017 hatches and they said no, but use the SPC camber arms instead.
gotcha. reason i asked is im in the market of buying a camber kit. called truhart and the rep told me they're getting a shipment at the end of the month. so im debating whether to wait or get SPC.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, the arms I got from them are labeled SPC on the arm. I just thought they collaborated with each other and eibach sells it in their kit.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Interesting, the arms I got from them are labeled SPC on the arm. I just thought they collaborated with each other and eibach sells it in their kit.
Wonky, right? Yeah, I got tired of asking different sellers about the pro-alignment kit and decided to call their HQ directly.
Sponsored