amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I really hope you’ve tried map 3 by now! If not you really should, I haven’t had the clutch slip yet, but I don’t drive it like a lunatic. The extra boost and responsiveness is so great for just daily driving. I still need to get the hang of the rev delete though... when I’m floating around 3k at 2nd or 3rd, the car can get shaky when I let off the clutch (this is when I’m slowing down).
I have! It is amazing, way to much power than I need for my daily drive. I normally just use either Map 1 or 2 depending how I feel...
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
You need to get TSP Stage 1! It’s even more responsive than the KTuner base maps. I don’t think I can drive my car without TSP map 3 anymore! Fuel economy is definitely suffering but usually more when I’m in sports mode. Love my Si all over again! Can’t wait to do the full turbo back exhaust to gain even more power.
Performance wise, I plan to keep this car mostly stock (including the clutch lol). My main goal was to bump up the usable torque and soften the rev hang/boost delay between shifts. I "think" the TSP tune makes some additional changes to ignition/fueling in order to wring out some extra performance. As fun as it would have been, it was not the rabbit hole I wanted to go down long term.

IMHO, the 21.5 PSI map is more than adequate on a daily. Though had I done a new unit, I would have definitely enjoyed sampling the TSP tune for a bit. :D

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
I'm on stock clutch, zero slips. As @Gotch stated, don't wot to much in 5th and 6th gear, especially at low rpm's and the stock clutch should last

word up. 2k miles on ktuner and stock clutch still rad. i took your advice and mainly leave it in map 1 and dont WOT on low rpms and stock clutch still seems to be performing great still. thanks bro!

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I still need to get the hang of the rev delete though... when I’m floating around 3k at 2nd or 3rd, the car can get shaky when I let off the clutch (this is when I’m slowing down).
Do you have the ability to edit the throttle padding on the TSP map?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
One thing I've noticed with our cars is that Honda's OBDII port (female connector) seems to have a lot of play in it. I can look under and see that the port tabs are securely pushed through the metal retaining base. But there's still a lot of L/R wiggle in the connector itself. More than I'm used to, compared to previous Hondas I've owned. And it was giving me some mild heartburn keeping the V2 unit connected. Small bumps/deviations would cause the unit to either reset or remain disconnected.

To resolve, I reached behind the OBDII port and applied even but gentle pressure between it and KTuner's OBDII connector. And I was able to press in the connector another few mm. I had chatted with a couple other local 1.5T owners who mentioned similar experiences with the OBDII port. Doesn't seem to be a @KTuner issue, but I'll tag them for awareness. :cool:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/obd-wiggle-normal.36288/

Last edited:

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
came back from being away for work this week and finally loaded the TSP tune. holy crap it's a new car. I've been hurting going from a 400+ hp car to a stock Si but that pain's gone now. definitely the best upgrade for the money. I have the v2 and mounted it on my dash. 27won intake and amsoil synchromesh tomorrow :)

SiCane

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
You guys are killing me, I'm trying to be responsible while my car is still within it's warranty window but all these positive impressions are making it extremely difficult not to tune! Especially hearing now that premature clutch slippage is less of an issue using the more conservative maps. I'm still going to wait at least until after my first oil change to break the car in more but damn, patience is apparently not a virtue that I've been blessed with lol

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You guys are killing me, I'm trying to be responsible while my car is still within it's warranty window but all these positive impressions are making it extremely difficult not to tune! Especially hearing now that premature clutch slippage is less of an issue using the more conservative maps. I'm still going to wait at least until after my first oil change to break the car in more but damn, patience is apparently not a virtue that I've been blessed with lol
I tried to be warranty friendly at first.. subs, catback exhaust, sway bar and strut bar.. but the power bug bites everyone eventually. just drive responsibly and it'll be fine. it's a honda after all!

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Service day so I reflashed to factory prior to taking it in this morning... I almost fell asleep on the drive. Even TSP1 with map 1 feels much more aggressive than the factory tune. There is incredible lag and it's just pokey.

Not as bad as the Corolla rental I got in the meantime though, there is HUGE WOT lag (dunno if there's a turbo in it or not) between 2-4k rpm. At 2000 rpm the corolla almost feels like it's putting on the brakes. I'll do a Vs. post later after I abuse, I mean drive, the Corolla a bit more.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Service day so I reflashed to factory prior to taking it in this morning... I almost fell asleep on the drive. Even TSP1 with map 1 feels much more aggressive than the factory tune. There is incredible lag and it's just pokey.

Not as bad as the Corolla rental I got in the meantime though, there is HUGE WOT lag (dunno if there's a turbo in it or not) between 2-4k rpm. At 2000 rpm the corolla almost feels like it's putting on the brakes. I'll do a Vs. post later after I abuse, I mean drive, the Corolla a bit more.
Yeah, the Corolla was not meant to be an exciting car, but it is an awesome car in the sense that it is comfortable, reliable and will outlast most people. I have heard from multiple reviewers though that the Corolla hatch, though not fast is fun to drive with the MT

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Took the car on an extended test drive to the mountains on Saturday. Car behaved beautifully on the stock/21.5 starter map @ 60* ambient temps. K Cont hovered around .63 under moderate load. Fuel trims spiked occasionally, but generally hovered at +/- 5%. It was so much easier to scoot around others once a passing lane opened up. No waiting, just hit the passing gear and go.

I've noticed the car likes to buck a little on occasion, transitioning from de-acceleration to initial throttle tip-in. But it's a small nuisance compared to the other gripes it resolves (rev hang, boost delay, TQ deficit). And I'm now convinced that the soft throttle padding is the sweet spot on a daily.

Fuel economy averaged 35 MPG round trip, despite the frequent hot-footing at higher elevations. There are obviously improvements to be had on the starter maps. But out of the box, I have 0 complaints. :cool:

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Was it officially determined that with the a/c recall that we need to update our @KTuner software? I thought I read that we need to email both Ktuner and TSP, but I don't remember where I saw that. I know the Ktuner software has an update waiting that I still need to get but I don't know if that covers this issue...

Dvoxojo

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Hi, I’m currently running 27won 19/24 basemap. Anybody else running it? Should I invest in TSP stage 1?
Current mods:

27won drop in turbo
PRL front/down pipes
PRL fmic
PRL street cobra intake

Unfortunately I’m still on stock clutch. Can’t afford it atm.

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi, I’m currently running 27won 19/24 basemap. Anybody else running it? Should I invest in TSP stage 1?
Current mods:

27won drop in turbo
PRL front/down pipes
PRL fmic
PRL street cobra intake

I would stay where you're at until you can get a clutch, if you push that setup you're gonna fry the stock clutch

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
Current mods:

27won drop in turbo
PRL front/down pipes
PRL fmic
PRL street cobra intake

I think the investment is warranted, just stay off Map 3 and your clutch will be fine. The cost is low and the performance change is noticeable & desired which you dont get with most mods.
Sponsored