Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Same thing with KTuner basemaps. You can modify settings to have stock+ on map one and go progressively more aggressive on each of the on the fly maps, if you set them up that way. What TSP tune does is a more aggressive tune than the KTuner basemaps have that has been tried and proven to produce more power than the KTuners.
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Good to know you can also do map switching with the Ktuner base maps. But do you have No Lift Shift? I think that is unique to TSP
NLS can be enabled on the KTuner basemaps as well and is adjustable by the end user. I believe the rpm settings are locked on TSP. 2 step is also available on KTuner basemaps. What you are paying for is as @Design stated.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I had my numbers wrong, I watched this awhile ago (I was thinking 1000 for the Demon and 500 for the GTR), so you will have to forgive my math... and memory lol
Lol you're good bro. Both of them are insane cars I don't know which one I love more haha

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Thanks for your business!

More details on the tune can be found here:

182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
208whp / 258tq - KTuner Starter 23psi
237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune

All testing was completed on a stock 2017 Civic Si running 93 octane fuel. Tune features include:

• Numerous fuel, ignition, turbo response, throttle response changes.
  • WOT shifting enabled.
  • Adjustable launch control enabled.
  • "Rev hang" disabled with standard throttle padding. (the end user can enable "rev hang", if desired)
  • All disables / monitors are able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • Quick Boost By Gear is able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • On-the-fly boost map switching active for normal and "Sport" modes. (see below)
Map 1: Factory boost levels and turbocharger response.
Map 2: 19psi normal, 21psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II
Map 3: 19psi normal, 24.5psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II

Jumping back to an old post, I know, but I was wondering about the performance numbers quoted above. The TSP Stage 1 numbers, are they for Map 3? Have you ever tested where they would be in Map 1/2? Apologies if that's posted elsewhere, but I've been through a lot of these threads and haven't found an answer.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Jumping back to an old post, I know, but I was wondering about the performance numbers quoted above. The TSP Stage 1 numbers, are they for Map 3? Have you ever tested where they would be in Map 1/2? Apologies if that's posted elsewhere, but I've been through a lot of these threads and haven't found an answer.
To answer your question, yes, the 237 WHP is map 3 in Sports mode.The numbers for Map's 1 & 2 have not been published

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
It would have been nice to have those other numbers but time is money for all of us and that would have meant about 6 times the amount of time to test every configuration.

Reactions: mjh
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It would have been nice to have those other numbers but time is money for all of us and that would have meant about 6 times the amount of time to test every configuration.
You can try and email TSP's support to see if maybe they will give you those numbers, maybe you will have better luck than I did!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Out of curiosity, amirza, which TSP stage 1 map do you use the most? In the first couple pages of this thread it seemed like you thought the Ktuner basemap 1 was plenty for your normal driving needs. The TSP stage 1 sounds like a big power increase from the Ktuner basemaps, so I am wondering how your impressions have changed over time and if the TSP stage 1 in 'normal' mode is still comfortable to use when speed is not the need.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
You can try and email TSP's support to see if maybe they will give you those numbers, maybe you will have better luck than I did!
Why? Because I’m Canadian and moor polite? Lol! Take off eh?

Reactions: mjh
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Out of curiosity, amirza, which TSP stage 1 map do you use the most? In the first couple pages of this thread it seemed like you thought the Ktuner basemap 1 was plenty for your normal driving needs. The TSP stage 1 sounds like a big power increase from the Ktuner basemaps, so I am wondering how your impressions have changed over time and if the TSP stage 1 in 'normal' mode is still comfortable to use when speed is not the need.
Nowadays I do about 50/50 between Maps 1 & 2. Map 1 gives you plenty of power for the daily commute but sometimes if I feel I need a little bit of extra pep I will put it in 2. Also I if I have passengers, with the extra weight Map 2 comes in handy. The TSP tune is definitely better IMO then the Ktuner basemaps, especially at the higher end where the TSP keeps the power curve going much further in the RPM range

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why? Because I’m Canadian and moor polite? Lol! Take off eh?
I didn't even think of that! That might be the case, Eh?

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Absolutely, that's what I figured. I was just curious as to whether the numbers did exist and I just couldn't find them. Either way, I've read enough posts (from Amirza and many others) to convince me that if I do pull the trigger on an Si, a tune will likely follow not long thereafter.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Nowadays I do about 50/50 between Maps 1 & 2. Map 1 gives you plenty of power for the daily commute but sometimes if I feel I need a little bit of extra pep I will put it in 2. Also I if I have passengers, with the extra weight Map 2 comes in handy. The TSP tune is definitely better IMO then the Ktuner basemaps, especially at the higher end where the TSP keeps the power curve going much further in the RPM range
Now I see why your clutch has lasted so long I’m 95% in map 3 with 80/20 normal/sport modes.

I can’t go back after getting so used to driving in map 3 lol

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now I see why your clutch has lasted so long I’m 95% in map 3 with 80/20 normal/sport modes.

I can’t go back after getting so used to driving in map 3 lol
No need to do map 3, Map 1 is good for regular daily and Map 2 if have the need to go a little faster. I don't compete, and really it really doesn't bother me if someone driving another car is faster than me. I know the limitations of this car and don't want to push to much as I want it around at least 150K

GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm just curious as to why people pay for the TSP tune if they are not going to stay on mostly Map3? I mean, why not just stay with the Ktuner base maps and save yourself the $80. I'm not looking to stir up any drama, just really curious as to why you would pay extra for a tune only to use maps which are less potent than the Ktuner base ones.
Sponsored