Joined the KTuner world

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
My advice is to plan for a clutch. It's one of those things where it's more dependent on driving habits than the tune itself. I've read owners slipping above 20 PSI with 20-25K on a base tune. Others are still going strong after 30K.

In my case, 90% of my commute is conservative due to So Cal traffic. At 22-24K per year, I expect the stock clutch to last another 50-75K (but I'm prepared to swap earlier if needed).
Sponsored

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I did not have sports mode on, I most likely got the jump on him and when he realized I was accelerating fast to change lanes that's when he tried to beat me before I could change. It is also possible that this was not a 5 series, I did not see the back of the car. It was bigger and had a sportier front end and that is why I assumed it was a 5 series. Could have been a 3 series.

Also is not always about HP, I saw a race between an almost 1000 HP Dodge Demon and a Nissan GTR with less than half the HP, and the GTR won 1 out of the 2 races they had
What GTR has less than 500 horsepower?? Was it an R35?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
600 is not "less than half" of 840 though bro haha
I had my numbers wrong, I watched this awhile ago (I was thinking 1000 for the Demon and 500 for the GTR), so you will have to forgive my math... and memory lol

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
So I've decided to hold off on the TSP tune until I can find out if they're willing to configure the Rev Hang a little more conservatively. In talking with several tuners familiar with the approach, Rev Hang is designed across the industry to alleviate some crankcase pressure - particularly on turbo applications. Over time, excessive shifting at WOT "could" lead to minor oil loss, increased deposits throughout the PCV, and mild seepage along the oil seals - particularly at the valve cover gasket.

Although I don't think it's going to be a problem, I think I'm going to play it safe and stay with the base maps for now. I'll be following the TSP owners with great interest the next 6-12 months. :)

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
So I've decided to hold off on the TSP tune until I can find out if they're willing to configure the Rev Hang a little more conservatively. In talking with several tuners familiar with the approach, Rev Hang is designed across the industry to alleviate some crankcase pressure - particularly on turbo applications. Over time, excessive shifting at WOT "could" lead to minor oil loss, increased deposits throughout the PCV, and mild seepage along the oil seals - particularly at the valve cover gasket.

Although I don't think it's going to be a problem, I think I'm going to play it safe and stay with the base maps for now. I'll be following the TSP owners with great interest the next 6-12 months. :)
I could be wrong, but I thought you could ask TSP to modify those parameters?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Rev hang is really not as bad as people make it out to be, at least that is what I feel. I prefer rev hang, and hated driving with it disabled. Since you are already driving with rev hang, you can install the TSP Stage 1 tune and before you upload it you can turn rev hang on by unchecking the Disable Rev hang box, than it will be enabled. That is what I did. Later on if they decide to tweak it for you, can than re-upload the tune. I'm telling you, TSP Stage 1 is so much better than the base Ktuner maps because you are not stuck on one driving mode, but have 3! Think about it.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Not sure what you are talking about amirza, I have 6 "modes" with the KTuner dual basemaps. I think that that Sport Hatch has even more with the eco button.

3 maps (on the fly) 2 modes each map (Sport on/off).

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure what you are talking about amirza, I have 6 "modes" with the KTuner dual basemaps. I think that that Sport Hatch has even more with the eco button.

3 maps (on the fly) 2 modes each map (Sport on/off).
OK, I didn't know you could switch modes with the Ktuner base maps without reflashing. I did see that they had the maps where you could switch for example 19.5/21.5 with the sports mode button. Thanks for educating me on that. But I can say that TSP has "stock mode" where you can switch to stock with some performance enhancements

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I do enjoy running with a touch of throttle padding. Just enough to dampen the buzzy behavior at higher RPMs. But not so much that RPMs drop immediately.

And to confirm, map switching is available on base maps as well. I run Factory/Factory, Factory/23 (my personal favorite), and 19.5/23 w/ improved turbo response. TSP's main difference over base maps seems to be the additional fuel/ignition tweaks, lighter midrange boost, and higher peak boost on Map 3 Sport. For me it would be worth forking over $80 to try it out. :cool:

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I do enjoy running with a touch of throttle padding. Just enough to dampen the buzzy behavior at higher RPMs. But not so much that RPMs drop immediately.

And to confirm, map switching is available on base maps as well. I run Factory/Factory, Factory/23 (my personal favorite), and 19.5/23 w/ improved turbo response. TSP's main difference over base maps seems to be the additional fuel/ignition tweaks, lighter midrange boost, and higher peak boost on Map 3 Sport. For me it would be worth forking over $80 to try it out. :cool:
Good to know you can also do map switching with the Ktuner base maps. But do you have No Lift Shift? I think that is unique to TSP