Jerky throttle from TSP stage 1+ tune and possible hack/fix?? Anyone else try this?

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I have a used 2020 Si with about 39k odo and when I flashed my tsp 1+ tune (otherwise stock engine aside from some non-intake/exhaust mods) and really any map I would use but especially 3 in sport mode, I would get this weird feeling when I’m around 3k rpm or more where if I lightly hit the throttle just barley, it would kinda slow down and then if I kept putting on the throttle it would kinda jerk, even in high gears when it shouldn’t like 5th. If I did pressed the throttle smoothly it wouldn’t jerk but if I kinda put my foot down just a bit too much off the bat it jerks.

So here’s the possible hack. Now I don’t know if this was possible when I first got the tune because I didn’t notice this until I did some work requiring me to detach the battery so maybe that had something to do with it BUT…. Here’s the kicker

When I start the car it starts off without showing ACC or LKAS green lights and I can’t use Those features, but I can flash between the maps. If I press the “main” button on the Right side of the steering wheel, the ACC and LKAS lights come back on and I can use those features but cannot use the flash by pressing and holding the “cancel” button and letting go after a couple seconds.

SOOOOO when I flash to map three and then I press the main button, I can use the ACC and LKAS features (not that I would want to in Map 3 because why?) BUT I still get map 3 boost levels and power, but it takes away the jerky throttle response!!!

Anybody else try this? Let me know Y’all!

also side question: anybody else get there tac going down to almost 550 or so when slowing down in neutral quickly and then it goes back to a normal 750-800 after you come to a complete stop? Is this a bad thing or sign of a deeper issue? Recently cleaned my MAF sensor and installed a new air filter so that’s not it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
2020 civic si doesnt work well with rev hang off regardless of throttle padding or response.
oh interesting, so that specific to the 2020 year or 10th gen in general? Does it have to do with the more aggressive final drive ratio that is in the 2020 year? Perhaps I should leave rev hang on to get a better throttleresponse feel?

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
oh interesting, so that specific to the 2020 year or 10th gen in general? Does it have to do with the more aggressive final drive ratio that is in the 2020 year? Perhaps I should leave rev hang on to get a better throttleresponse feel?
Its specific to 2020. Something to do with the ecu changes they did for that year. I would leave rev hang on and just change throttle response if you want and see how that feels.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I get the same jerkiness pattern you describe on my hatch. Recently I just drive in map 3 eco mode (16psi). I think map 3 is just too sensitive sometimes

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I’m
I get the same jerkiness pattern you describe on my hatch. Recently I just drive in map 3 eco mode (16psi). I think map 3 is just too sensitive sometimes
assuming you’re on tsp as well?

OP
OP
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Its specific to 2020. Something to do with the ecu changes they did for that year. I would leave rev hang on and just change throttle response if you want and see how that feels.
ok so I notice when I press ‘main’ it seems to bring back rev hang and the ability to use my acc and load and when I press it again rev hang goes away and I’m back to being able to switch maps. Pretty cool!! I didn’t know I could switch rev hang on the fly but didn’t think like that’s how it was intended to work but foranyone out there curious this is how I did it! Best part is I can still keep my map and have a smooth ride!

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 202 Si did that when I had the rev hang disabled. When I switched back to having rev hang it ran way better.
Sponsored