Jerky movement at very low speeds

extowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
So I noticed today at rush hour traffic that sometimes when I let go of the brake, the car jerks forward, and when I press the brakes, the car kinda stops in a jerking manner. Does anyone have the same issue? It just happened to me today, not sure if it's repeatable though.
Sponsored

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I noticed today at rush hour traffic that sometimes when I let go of the brake, the car jerks forward, and when I press the brakes, the car kinda stops in a jerking manner. Does anyone have the same issue? It just happened to me today, not sure if it's repeatable though.
Personally I think it's quirk In the CVT mine does it every great once in a while :dunno:

Reactions: nox

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought someone said it might be due to the torque converter locking and unlocking at that low speed.

I've also had an occasional jolt when accelerating from 7 or 8 MPH after not coming to a complete stop. The CVT lag definitely shows its head at times...

Spinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
This also happens with my Civic. Not sure what it is, but it doesn't seem like a mechanical problem to me. All other times, the car is silky smooth to drive.

gehang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe, 95 civic ex
I was stuck in a construction zone outside Chicago this week, I noticed the exact thing, it was driving me nuts. Only happens in repeated stop and go situations.

KeNzOo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
experiencing this one. At first i thought it was due to my driving habit or the quality of gasoline I put in my Civic. But my previous CVT lancer is not like this

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those with Tourings or Honda Sensing: Got stuck in heavy bumper-to-bumper traffic today, decided to try the low-speed follow, and it actually smoothed that entire feeling out. Put it in Eco mode too, as IMO that smooths things out a little more (I typically never have it on)

piklu2002bd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 LX sedan
same kinda situation in my LX Civic 2016. When you are about to stop, let go the accelerator the car seems the break by its own, then seems like releases the break.. is this for CVT? I am noticing this issue specially after my winter tire swap, not sure this is for CVT, brake pads or tire. Full eff also gone down.. 8.2 L/100 KMS now :(

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
same kinda situation in my LX Civic 2016. When you are about to stop, let go the accelerator the car seems the break by its own, then seems like releases the break.. is this for CVT? I am noticing this issue specially after my winter tire swap, not sure this is for CVT, brake pads or tire. Full eff also gone down.. 8.2 L/100 KMS now :(
Im getting 8.0L / 100km now too, cars are a lot less efficient in the cold. It's fine, don't worry.

CTyler1116

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
I actually have noticed this exact same thing on my 17 EX-T. In stop and go traffic, or when I press down moderately hard on the brakes then coast at low speeds afterwards. To me it feels like the brakes are releasing 80% of the way when I let off the pedal, then releasing the last 20% about a second later, so it has a slight jarring feeling. I had the impression that it was actually the brakes causing that feeling, like a caliper that was sticking or something? Has anyone heard anything more concrete about it?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I actually have noticed this exact same thing on my 17 EX-T. In stop and go traffic, or when I press down moderately hard on the brakes then coast at low speeds afterwards. To me it feels like the brakes are releasing 80% of the way when I let off the pedal, then releasing the last 20% about a second later, so it has a slight jarring feeling. I had the impression that it was actually the brakes causing that feeling, like a caliper that was sticking or something? Has anyone heard anything more concrete about it?
Nothing to due with the brakes sir. It's the CVT 1000%

organiktsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Dodge D100 slant six, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
It seems to have gone away for me after I started to disable the brake hold feature when in stop and go traffic, sometimes it seems the car comes to a stop for a fraction of a second...enough to trigger the hold feature and as you are letting go of the brake to creep forward the system finishes engaging the brake hold and immediately releases it too, I can feel it in the pedal....

But maybe its a different issue, I dont feel anything from the transmission. I dont see it reflect on the RPM either.

Canndo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda White 4-Door -Turbo 1.5
That's right. All most all will do it. It not the guy behind tapping you.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
It seems to have gone away for me after I started to disable the brake hold feature when in stop and go traffic, sometimes it seems the car comes to a stop for a fraction of a second...enough to trigger the hold feature and as you are letting go of the brake to creep forward the system finishes engaging the brake hold and immediately releases it too, I can feel it in the pedal....

But maybe its a different issue, I dont feel anything from the transmission. I dont see it reflect on the RPM either.
No, that's a whole different beast too lol, it scares me when it kicks in like that, brake pedal vibrates so bad lol, can't be good for the systems, I turn mine off when I get into a situations when it starts doing that. Happens in drive thrus too.