Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys!

I have recently come across this issue when going for a brake pad change...
I ordered a set of Dixcel Type ES brake pads for my EUDM FK7, reference 331256. And when my mechanic went to install them, they were physically different.
The manufacturer of my brake calipers is ATE, my mechanic said these are the same brand and format used in German cars like VW.

So my question for you guys is:
Anybody else from Europe here in the forums that has had this issue before?
And can anyone from USA/Japan get me the part number for the brake calipers that come stock on their FK7?

As for now I have already ordered a set of brake pads made for my car, but looking into the possibility of upgrading/retrofitting the "normal" brake calipers onto my car, as I also suspect that the braking power might be slightly inferior on these calipers/pads vs the USDM/JDM calipers/pads due to pad surface area at least...

Hit me up and keep this thread going!
Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snipereyez

Snipereyez

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what I've understood so far, the braking system here (I can speak for Portugal, and the 2017 model, as it's what I have. Don't know about the rest of Europe) is ATE/Teves, and the "normal" onde you see all around the world is Akebono.
I need to figure out if a simple brake caliper swap can "solve" this issue.

There are alot less performance oriented brake pad options for the ATE/Teves braking system, so my plan is to get new brake pads for now (as mine are dead and squealing like a train is passing by), and next time I need a brake pad replacement, I'll just swap calipers (if we can figure out their interchangeability) and get some braided brake lines.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I allready answered your message in pm, but i just wanted to put this in here too for other users .
The JDM market uses different calipers akebono and dixcel only produces them for the jdm market.
The JDM brakes are the same as the usdm ones and they use 282mm front rotors.So the caliper offset is different.

There are other options out there like swapping ep3 calipers and rotors which have way more options for brake pads and rotors.