OP
OP

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
You think the plugs are Molex or AMP brand?

http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Automotive-Connectors/_/N-1ehb5/

Do you have a pic of the plug on the right? Pin side showing?

I'm not sure. I sent Mouser a pic and they said they didn't have one.

I don't have a pic of the plug on that side, but here's a pic of the plug on the Crosstour amp (it's the connector on the right - the large pins at one end are for power and ground, and the ones at the other end are for the subwoofer):

Honda Civic 10th gen JBL MS-8 DSP and 3.5mm aux jack install – Touring sedan IMG_20161024_1744191
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Now does this have to be a 2013 Crosstour or can it be from 2010~2013?:hmm:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because the plugs on the 2010-2012 Crosstour look exactly the same and you can find then used on eBay right now for about 40~75$ for the amp and the cut harness included... which would make life really easy:hmm::thumbsup:

OP
OP

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I remember when I was researching it that I checked the part number for the Crosstour amp and found it was used in a range of model years, though I don't remember the exact years. But yeah, as long as it looks the same, I think you'll be good to go.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because the plugs on the 2010-2012 Crosstour look exactly the same and you can find then used on eBay right now for about 40~75$ for the amp and the cut harness included... which would make life really easy:hmm::thumbsup:
CRV and Accord look the same as well.

Last edited:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
w00t! Scored an 2013 Accord amp with pigtails for $50!

upload_2017-8-18_10-11-58.png

@josby how did you connect your wires to the plug you desoldered from the circuit board? Any pics? Thanks!

upload_2017-8-18_10-16-2.png
Got mine last week for 45$ +3.99 shipping ;) Seems to be the going price.. nice!.. I'm starting to desolder mine from the board sometime this weekend so I'll take some pic's too:thumbsup:

Thanks for letting us know about this @josby :bow:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think he might have soldered it to the plug that was removed from the amp... I just got mine out last night and have straightened the pin's and will be doing a DIY ( well sort of o_O ) it's awesome that @josby let us know this stuff:bow:
Honda Civic 10th gen JBL MS-8 DSP and 3.5mm aux jack install – Touring sedan connector-wiring-2

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think he might have soldered it to the plug that was removed from the amp... I just got mine out last night and have straightened the pin's and will be doing a DIY ( well sort of o_O ) it's awesome that @josby let us know this stuff:bow:

Ahhh, nice catch! Thanks!

EUTypeR

First Name
Dominiek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Tourer 2.4 Exclusive 2005 + Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 Sport diesel 2006 + Honda Civic Type R 2018 + Volvo 760 Turbo Intercooler 1986
Country flag
aux-jack.jpg
I replaced the center console with one from an LX (part number 83451-TBA-A01ZA), which is blank instead of having a USB port like my car did. I drilled a hole and installed an iSimple IS335 AUX adapter and ran that back to the MS-8’s AUX input.
Very nice mod, and for me the AUX solution is the most interesting part, as I am looking for a way to play my hires music via a dedicated Huwai Android telephone (bitperfect), connected with a DragonFly Colbalt DAC which has only an analog output. So I was wondering to what device this AUX is connected to? The Honda unit or the DSP?

About the DSP, when I ordered my 2018 Type R (euro version, so without subwoofer), I added the Honda DSP as an extra factory option, commercially called Honda 3D Sound ( 08A53-TV8-K500 as shown on this page ). Here is Honda's comparison video between without and with the DSP.

I have been looking for more information about this DSP to understand its working better but cannot find anything at all, and as well you cannot regulate anything. It is really like a black box, as nothing points to its presence.

I am wondering if it would be worth to exchange it for a configurable DSP? What would you advice? I know about the existence of DSP systems like Dirac Live and Denon Audyssey DSPs on home stereo's but nothing for car stereo until today you referenced to the JBL MS-8.

About the center speaker (used by the navigation), it is not clear for me if you have find a solution or not? According to an article on Crunchfield you can keep it connected to the standard amp.

A cheap method to enhance the sound, is to use this acoustically sealing transducer ring kit over the loudspeakers. It's cheap, easy to apply and effective.