19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
?? I'm just a guinea pig lol I got the jb4 mainly for data logging while waiting for Ktuner to catch up lol
why not get the ktuner and have drob tune it. Didn’t he create their tunes anyway? I can’t imagine with a curve like that the car feels good and I wouldn’t go anywhere near wot with it looking like that
Sponsored

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
why not get the ktuner and have drob tune it. Didn’t he create their tunes anyway? I can’t imagine with a curve like that the car feels good and I wouldn’t go anywhere near wot with it looking like that
The whole reason why I got the jb4(used) is for data logging not to add power. But since I have it already I decided to have it dynod since nobody here in this thread has done it yet, to see what it really does so people know its $65 for 3 runs. I won't be running it on anything but map0 I'm working with BM so that map 0 is stock because what we saw is that its still doing something on map0.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
That graph looks fucked up....If you got Kefi on here saying Jesus Christ I would take that thing off immediately.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Not aiming for 1000hp I just like the Ktuner v2 unit better having its own dash for data and a lot more functionality. really, If I'm aiming for tunability and more power hands down hondata. My goal for my car is to be able to track it as much as possible..
Good lord, please, let's just tune your car. Throw that stupid JB4 in the trash where it belongs.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Jesus christ looks like Michael J Fox tuned this thing? that looks roughhh get yourself a real tuning device and tuner before it blows up lol

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Jesus christ looks like Michael J Fox tuned this thing? that looks roughhh get yourself a real tuning device and tuner before it blows up lol
I'm not kidding when I say you literally couldn't make a dyno graph like that if you tried on Hondata or KTuner. That's the result of what I've been saying for years - you can't insert fake data into a physics simulation and expect real world results.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm just going to clarify again. I bought the jb4(USED) for datalogging and not to add power as I haven't seen any decent unit besides hondata/ktuner. I am not also looking to add more power anytime soon because I am tracking my car and want the longevity and reliability of stock power. but since I have it already I decided to get my car in the dyno so people will see what it actually does for our car. since in this whole thread nobody even tried to put their car in the dyno. if anything I'm just trying to help people get informed that this is not the way to go if you want reliable power. I also ask Burgermotorsports If I can just use jb4 for data log from the obd2 and disconnect all the sensors as even on Map 0 aka "stock" per them shown in the dyno that it is still interfering but the unit needs to be plugged atleast on one of the sensors for power and for that reason alone I will not be using it anymore and just wait for Ktuner to catch up since I like the ktuner's unit more than the hondata. I know majority of the people are too hung up on power numbers. I am not, I am happy with extra 30-50 whp just to wake up the car. I like to focus on handling more for my driving style and weight reduction.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not kidding when I say you literally couldn't make a dyno graph like that if you tried on Hondata or KTuner. That's the result of what I've been saying for years - you can't insert fake data into a physics simulation and expect real world results.
and once I decide to tune you're my number 1 pick so far for a tuner ?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
It must have sounded scary on the dyno. I hope you have not already hurt the motor.

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone install this on a 2020 or higher CTR? I'm considering it since I just want a bit more power and don't really plan to add more mods. Only have intake and run 93 octane.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Anyone install this on a 2020 or higher CTR? I'm considering it since I just want a bit more power and don't really plan to add more mods. Only have intake and run 93 octane.
For the love of God, do NOT install a JB4 on a CTR.

Sell the car if you want to abuse it like that.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hey, have you got anything from Terry yet? You should post your graph on their Civic JB4 thread asking for opinions and comparison. I'm sure ppl there have posted up their dyno graphs and they didn't look anything like yours. Please post your finding there for further discussion. I'd love to see this issue to be resolved if there is any issue.

here is the link: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?s=e326fdcc3a5aaef6a8251538eaf0cc11&t=53704

Thanks for sharing ;-)
Sponsored