201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
Let me know how you do! I went from JB4 to Ktuner to Hondata. Super happy now.
Yeah I'm looking to get ktuner in the future too just waiting for them to catch up on updates last time I checked he said he's working on the XDI pump for ktuner. Also my main reason of getting Jb4 is data logging for my upcoming cooling mods
Sponsored

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
been following this thread, interesting info. tempting! I think it'll be more worth it for me for a used unit. Anyone take this to the track and beat the hell out their car for 1-2 days? I would assume w/ a mild map 1 or 2 shouldn't have any ill effects. Just curious on real world experience.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As promised guys Here's my Dyno runs from map 0-2
Honda Civic 10th gen JB4 PiggyBack Tune on Civic Type R IMG_20210205_123213

Here's my baseline numbers 2mo's ago
Honda Civic 10th gen JB4 PiggyBack Tune on Civic Type R IMG_20201212_123230__01

As you can see even on map 0 jb4 which is supposed to be stock map its doing doing something and on the 3rd run *map 2 it didn't make power at all. Its obvious that the ECU and jb4 are doing a tug of war whether to add boost or cut boost it doesn't hold a consistent boost let alone levels out

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
As promised guys Here's my Dyno runs from map 0-2
IMG_20210205_123213.jpg

Here's my baseline numbers 2mo's ago
IMG_20201212_123230__01.jpg

As you can see even on map 0 jb4 which is supposed to be stock map its doing doing something and on the 3rd run *map 2 it didn't make power at all. Its obvious that the ECU and jb4 are doing a tug of war whether to add boost or cut boost it doesn't hold a consistent boost let alone levels out
That's a very jagged curve, oof. As for the third run making no power, JB4 will revert to stock if the knock sensors go off. It may turn itself on with the next restart or something after.

Edit: I'm assuming same smoothing (or no smoothing) done on both (now and 2 mo ago)?

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's a very jagged curve, oof. As for the third run making no power, JB4 will revert to stock if the knock sensors go off. It may turn itself on with the next restart or something after.

Edit: I'm assuming same smoothing (or no smoothing) done on both (now and 2 mo ago)?
no smoothing done. honestly if I can just use it as a data logger without it interfering still on map 0 i'll be happy but Terry said it needs to be plug to atleast one of the sensor for power.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
?? I'm just a guinea pig lol I got the jb4 mainly for data logging while waiting for Ktuner to catch up lol
Why not just go Hondata at this point instead of waiting for Ktuner. They literally set the curve for tuning on this platform.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why not just go Hondata at this point instead of waiting for Ktuner. They literally set the curve for tuning on this platform.
Not aiming for 1000hp I just like the Ktuner v2 unit better having its own dash for data and a lot more functionality. really, If I'm aiming for tunability and more power hands down hondata. My goal for my car is to be able to track it as much as possible..
Sponsored