201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
Hey, have you got anything from Terry yet? You should post your graph on their Civic JB4 thread asking for opinions and comparison. I'm sure ppl there have posted up their dyno graphs and they didn't look anything like yours. Please post your finding there for further discussion. I'd love to see this issue to be resolved if there is any issue.

here is the link: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?s=e326fdcc3a5aaef6a8251538eaf0cc11&t=53704

Thanks for sharing ;-)
Terry did send me some revision but I haven't gone back to the dyno yet and unfortunately I don't think I'll be running the JB4 any further as my main goal to begin with is to use it as a data logger. since even on map 0 it's doing something and I can't run jb4 without it being plugged in atleast one sensor for power to be able to data log..

in terms of the dyno graph. there is zero smoothing applied so its going to look raw I sent him the dyno file and he applied correction and the graph looks nowhere near what I sent but the inconsistency is still there.
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
i've put up a post asking for ppl to show their dyno graph on N54 site, but haven't got nothing. Man, I am wondering if anyone is still using it :eek: Anyone here still using please chime in :thumbsup:

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
slightly off topic but my buddy just installed a jb4 in his veloster N and it works very well. even did a pull with him in my stock type r and only put 2ish car lengths on him from 60-120mph. he went from pushing 14psi stock to 20psi now

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
slightly off topic but my buddy just installed a jb4 in his veloster N and it works very well. even did a pull with him in my stock type r and only put 2ish car lengths on him from 60-120mph. he went from pushing 14psi stock to 20psi now
its our ECU that makes piggyback tricky

LSUFANDAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Civic Type R
Country flag
i've put up a post asking for ppl to show their dyno graph on N54 site, but haven't got nothing. Man, I am wondering if anyone is still using it :eek: Anyone here still using please chime in :thumbsup:
Im still using it. It has been installed off and on for over a year. Ive tried map 1, 2 and 3. I don't track my car. It is a daily driver. I have 93 octane gas where I live. Using map 3 scares me since it really isn't recommended unless you are running gas 93+ octane. 2 feels fine. 3 has a little better low end torque and I enjoy it for daily driving. I just don't get aggressive with it. I have no mods other than jb4 and a aFe power filter.

I don't have access to a dyno so I can't really help you there.

To be honest I will be getting Hondata eventually. Just not ready to flash my ecu yet. I bought JB4 used from a member of this forum for a good price. I like that I can take it off and go to the dealership easy. It definitely adds power to the vehicle. To be honest I am very impressed with the way the car feels with just JB4. Really love having a mostly stock vehicle with a little boost of power. This is my first experience with JB4. Never had it on any other vehicle. Ive used Hondata on my RSX Type S in the past. I used Cobb Accessport on my STI in the past. I understand a pro-tune is better at the cost of flashing the ECU. I also know that a full bolt on vehicle will get better gains with Hondata.

I haven't heard any horror stories yet. Is JB4 doing some horrible damage I should be worried about? Remember I am not tracking the car. It is a daily driver. I understand moderation is key here lol.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
anyone still ising it nowadays? i m and everything seems to be working fine but i haven't read anything about it in a long time, so wondering.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had no issues with it, but I only ran it for a total of 10k miles between my 2 Type Rs. I currently now run a tune through Derf on my 2019

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I had no issues with it, but I only ran it for a total of 10k miles between my 2 Type Rs. I currently now run a tune through Derf on my 2019
What maps did you run it on? And how much gain did you actually see (in each map)? I have been on Map 2 running with 92-93 gas, never WOT so I really don't see the gain sides of it, but I mainly use it for logging and for the live gauges on my phone, etc.

clagua2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a jb4 in my X5 N55.
It's not going in my Type R. To easy for the dealership to see that the boost pressure was increased by looking at other variables. when boost changes, AFR changes, fuel needs change, timing, knock, etc. Though on the other hand, I would love more power, but that's what my evo is for. I don't want to make the Type r any less civilized than it already is. The EVO is like driving a dump truck - a very fast one.
So you think the dealership would probably pick up on it, huh? That kills that Idea.

clagua2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure about that really. I remember people used to say on the golf R forums that they can see parameters but as far as I know not one person has had a warranty claim denied from a jb4. however it would be interesting if any Honda technicians can chime in on this.
I sure as hell would like to know before buying one.

LSUFANDAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Civic Type R
Country flag
ive been running jb4 for 2 years. my car was in service for over a month for a rattle issue that they didn't fix. my factory warranty was ending so I wanted to get some dash rattles fixed but they didn't fix anything. i have a 2019. I put the car in factory mode and disconnected the jb4. never received anything from honda about jb4. i have the tire warranty and have used it 4 times. each time i removed the jb4. never heard a peep from the dealership about it.

LilJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8 / 2000 GPW AP1
Country flag
I had the JB4 on my 2019 CTR for about 8000mi on map 2 with 93 octane fuel. I never had an issue with the car and had sent data logs to BMS for review without them seeing any issues. I also had the car at Honda multiple times for various things and never had them say anything. I also had a JB4 on my 1.5T Accord also with zero issues. If anyone is looking for a JB4 for their CTR the one off mine is for sale for about 1/3 what one costs new.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/fs-mugen-jb4-gramlight-57dr.87552/
Sponsored