Konos44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si
Country flag
Anyone running one? If so does it get rid or help at all with the getting rid of the rev hang?
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Why run a JB4 instead of KTuner?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Anyone running one? If so does it get rid or help at all with the getting rid of the rev hang?
This is a mostly Ktuner/Hondata crew here. Really you should consider Ktuner...you don't need to attach any device in your engine bay, you upload tunes directly to your ECU, can switch maps on the fly (using the TSP Stage tunes) and reflash back to stock. Also the tunes are configurable. Uploading the tsp stage 1 tune through Ktuner turns off rev hang by default....

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Probably not.

But, what it will give you is a beautiful Graph that looks like a 2 year old drew.

OP
OP
Konos44

Konos44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si
Country flag
Why run a JB4 instead of KTuner?
Because its a lease and if something happens to the motor I feel there's less chance of there being questions about ECU mods.

To be clear - I don't care about making more power. Don't get me wrong the stage 1 of a KTuner will be all I'd ever do if I went that route (clutch concerns) as I'm more than happy with the power. The rev hang though is crippling the fun to drive component right now though. I could take a swig of my coffee between bloody shifts its so bad.

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because its a lease and if something happens to the motor I feel there's less chance of there being questions about ECU mods.
If you use the Tunes that are included with Ktuner or you use the TSP tunes, they are tested for hundreds of hours on their dynos and they won't break your engine. Plus the first time you connect your Ktuner, it makes a backup of your stock ECU, you can re-flash back anytime you want. People who "break" their motors are usually custom tuning, taking their engine beyond the limits it was designed for

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Rev Hang is a logic built into the ECU.

The piggyback JB4 won't touch that.

OP
OP
Konos44

Konos44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si
Country flag
If you use the Tunes that are included with Ktuner or you use the TSP tunes, they are tested for hundreds of hours on their dynos and they won't break your engine. Plus the first time you connect your Ktuner, it makes a backup of your stock ECU, you can re-flash back anytime you want. People who "break" their motors are usually custom tuning, taking their engine beyond the limits it was designed for
I agree with you 100% on all those things - though I would question the stage 2 tune on KTuner creating clutch issues quite quickly. Anyway, the issue is the ability of the dealership to see a "flash" increment on the ECU. I'm sure there's a flag for it.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Rev hang... you get used to it. My 9th gen Si was worse than my 10th. I have KTuner and to be honest, I keep cruise on, which disabled the rev hang delete just to shift smoother. That’s how used to the hang I am. But... when driving with spirit, the rev hang disable is a godsend.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree with you 100% on all those things - though I would question the stage 2 tune on KTuner creating clutch issues quite quickly. Anyway, the issue is the ability of the dealership to see a "flash" increment on the ECU. I'm sure there's a flag for it.
I don't think they would know about it, and honestly I don't think they would care. Yes, a stage 2 tune would require some upgrades such as a stage 1 clutch, that is why I stick with the stage 1 tune

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I have a JB4 on a VW for 30k miles and it has been flawless. Not as much power as a tune but it works great. I went this direction because I am leasing my car. To says it's ass is an unfair assessment. The simple response would be that it does not cure rev hang. Btw lots of fast cars running JB4 BMW, Ford, VW etc. For $379 it's a great option.

JB4 is complete ass

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One more thing I want to add regarding rev hang. Many people on this forum don't like it, but in my experience, disabling it made my driving experience worse, as between shifting the rev's will drop rapidly causing the car to jolt slightly. This is made worse in traffic. As @mdmayberry09 stated, if you use Ktuner you can turn rev hang back on by turning on cruise control. Anyway, I found that I prefer rev hang enabled. You may find like me that rev hang disabled can be more annoying

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a JB4 on a VW for 30k miles and it has been flawless. Not as much power as a tune but it works great. I went this direction because I am leasing my car. To says it's ass is an unfair assessment. The simple response would be that it does not cure rev hang. Btw lots of fast cars running JB4 BMW, Ford, VW etc. For $379 it's a great option.
It’s ass on this platform. Please go on their site and look at the horrible dyno graphs they posted and tell me otherwise. Your essentially paying $400 for a piggyback system where you could get the Ktuner V1.2 for $450 and have a basemap that runs near what jb4 puts on on their “ethonal” tune vs ktuners pump
Honda Civic 10th gen JB4 - does it get rid of rev hang? DB3E63B5-FB05-4F29-97E3-4CBCFC134B7E
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.