Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
I'm curious on if its possible to unlock ecu at home? I see most people just send their ECU out to ktuner or hondata to get it unlocked, but common though, there has to be a way to get it done.
Sponsored

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
I'm curious on if its possible to unlock ecu at home? I see most people just send their ECU out to ktuner or hondata to get it unlocked, but common though, there has to be a way to get it done.
It will cost you more if you want to do it yourself.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I waited a lot for the same thing. I can guarantee that you will regret not doing it sooner due to the amout of satisfaction it will give you.
Is one of my future mods, but now I'm broke :dunno:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can. You'll need to download some software to reverse engineer the ecu and reprogram it to allow you to upload new flashes. I believe you'll also need the coding used by ktuner or hondata (depending on which you want) to ensure the ecu accepts the reflash

Or just schedule a time to send your ecu in and wait roughly 48hrs....or wait a while longer...heard supposedly ktuner will have the dealers be able to jailbreak them....but that's a rumor

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Unless you know your way around electronics and coding, I recommend spending the $125 for a rental car for a few days and sending your ECU out like everyone else. I literally spent $125 on Kayak.com for a 3-day rental car just now. The downside of you messing up your ECU is much higher than the cost of the rental car.

Alternatively, go to ECS Performance in CT. I think they also can unlock the ECU.

I went to EuroDynamic Tuning in PA in-person to get mine unlocked (they're verified KTuner dealer + unlocker). Took about an hour to do. He basically opened up the ECU and connected it to a laptop and did some other stuff. Not sure what though.

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Unless you know your way around electronics and coding, I recommend spending the $125 for a rental car for a few days and sending your ECU out like everyone else. I literally spent $125 on Kayak.com for a 3-day rental car just now. The downside of you messing up your ECU is much higher than the cost of the rental car.

Alternatively, go to ECS Performance in CT. I think they also can unlock the ECU.

I went to EuroDynamic Tuning in PA in-person to get mine unlocked (they're verified KTuner dealer + unlocker). Took about an hour to do. He basically opened up the ECU and connected it to a laptop and did some other stuff. Not sure what though.
Yea I kinda want to learn coding but your rite. Not worth learning out how on the ecu lol. I'll check out the guy in CT!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3CS / 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag