Jacksonville, FL

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base
Hey guys,

Anyone interested in buying my OEM exhaust tips? Bought these on eBay from Thailand for about $130, and looking to see if anyone want to buy it locally for $80. These clears the bumper and doesn't touch, and what's used in the overseas Civics.

Getting rid of these because I'm getting the cat-back MagnaFlow exhaust system installed tomorrow so I don't need these anymore. Let me know if you're interested :)

IMG_1313.jpg
Hmmmmmm, interesting but price not right for me. MagnaFlow...that's about $600 to $1000. Impressive...most impressive ;)

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Totally understand. They go for around $120 plus shipping for the OEM tips from eBay sellers overseas, so I feel these should be fair :) But yes, can't wait for the cat-back to get delivered tomorrow and hoping to install once they come in!

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base
Totally understand. They go for around $120 plus shipping for the OEM tips from eBay sellers overseas, so I feel these should be fair :) But yes, can't wait for the cat-back to get delivered tomorrow and hoping to install once they come in!
Definitely post a video of the new BEAST! Also, does the performance and mpg improves? Would the Magnaflow void the car warranty?

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely will! I've already talked with another member that I'm gonna utilize some of my recording equipment to get some better sound quality/video of the exhaust.

Honestly, I don't know much about mpg/performance, but I assume performance would improve, especially paired with my Injen Cold Air Intake (hopefully!). As far as mpg, another member who had his installed mention he got some gains in mpg.

Regarding warranty, I've read and been told that unless that they determine that the mods (intake/exhaust) is what caused the issues with the vehicle, then that would void the warranty. To be safe, I'm keeping all my oem parts (intake/exhaust) just in case.

Definitely post a video of the new BEAST! Also, does the performance and mpg improves? Would the Magnaflow void the car warranty?

Idontknowblah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EXT 6MT
Almost bought the new civic from Coggin on Friday, but after giving them a deposit for a few days they never got the vehicle. Think I will just wait for the 2017's to come out so I can get the turbo in manual.

What did you guys end up paying for the extended warranty? I saw a lot of people mention a little over $1,000, but Coggin quoted me $2,200 for the 8yr 120k extended. Couldn't figure out why it was so high.

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I paid about $2200 from Lucas Honda. Not sure the legality of why Florida isn't part of the extended warranty option online, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle and just decided to roll the extended warranty with my financing.

Which option were you going for?

Almost bought the new civic from Coggin on Friday, but after giving them a deposit for a few days they never got the vehicle. Think I will just wait for the 2017's to come out so I can get the turbo in manual.

What did you guys end up paying for the extended warranty? I saw a lot of people mention a little over $1,000, but Coggin quoted me $2,200 for the 8yr 120k extended. Couldn't figure out why it was so high.

Idontknowblah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EXT 6MT
I think Florida has something weird with out of state warranty's, but couldn't figure out why it was double compared to everywhere else. I wanted the manual LX in Aegean blue with the full extended 8 year warranty. Hard to find many manual cars in Jacksonville though.

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Got my MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust installed today. Pretty happy with it. Can feel some gains now especially with the paired Injen Cold Air Intake. Nice deep, rumble also - not obnoxious.

Here's a sound clip for those wondering what they sound like: The first part, the mic is placed behind the exhaust, while the second part, I brought my mic inside the car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7efcf3pyw2g8l5/SoundClip.wav?dl=0

The only thing that is bugging me a little is the tip isn't aligned properly. I can clear my finger on the driver side, while the driver side, it's really close to the bumper. I did read somewhere in the forum how the alignment of the stock exhaust is a little off, which makes some tips look off, and I'm definitely seeing it here. I may have to go back underneath and figure something out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacksonville, FL FullSizeRender

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacksonville, FL IMG_2867-1.JPG

cstephens79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2016 Kia Sorento SX
Vehicle Showcase
Got my MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust installed today. Pretty happy with it. Can feel some gains now especially with the paired Injen Cold Air Intake. Nice deep, rumble also - not obnoxious.

Here's a sound clip for those wondering what they sound like: The first part, the mic is placed behind the exhaust, while the second part, I brought my mic inside the car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7efcf3pyw2g8l5/SoundClip.wav?dl=0

The only thing that is bugging me a little is the tip isn't aligned properly. I can clear my finger on the driver side, while the driver side, it's really close to the bumper. I did read somewhere in the forum how the alignment of the stock exhaust is a little off, which makes some tips look off, and I'm definitely seeing it here. I may have to go back underneath and figure something out.
Sounds nice. I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference in the exhaust tips if you hadn't pointed it out, but it is so slight I doubt anyone will notice. Not sure when or if I'll get around to any performance upgrades, but they're on the wish list. Thanks for sharing.

FlaDiaz22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #00418
Country flag
This Saturday 9/17/16 is the Automotive Addicts Cars & Coffee at the Florida Times Union. Honda/Acura will be the primary sponsor this month. Its from 8am-11am. All Honda/Acura vehicle owners are welcome to park on the upper deck with all vehicles that Honda and Acura will be bringing to display.

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2014 Toyota Highlander, 2011 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
This Saturday 9/17/16 is the Automotive Addicts Cars & Coffee at the Florida Times Union. Honda/Acura will be the primary sponsor this month. Its from 8am-11am. All Honda/Acura vehicle owners are welcome to park on the upper deck with all vehicles that Honda and Acura will be bringing to display.
I'm planning on being there to look around. I have only gone once when the Gold Rally Racer folks were coming through town.