Jacksonville, FL

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thankfully my job is one I can do from home. My wife is currently working night shifts at UF Health; I believe they still only have two confirmed cases and thankfully neither on her floor.

While my wife is at work I often go out for night time drives. It is really eerie driving on 295 up by the Dames Point and seeing no cars for minutes at a time, but it is also nice being able to drive with no traffic. Often I'll just cruise up Heckscher toward the Talbots with the windows down; it is a beautiful and relaxing drive with no other cars up there. If you go for a drive like I do, please be safe and don't do anything reckless; you don't want to talk to the cops and the cops don't want to talk to you.
That actually sounds really good. I'll have to try doing the entire 295 loop this week.
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thankfully my job is one I can do from home. My wife is currently working night shifts at UF Health; I believe they still only have two confirmed cases and thankfully neither on her floor.

While my wife is at work I often go out for night time drives. It is really eerie driving on 295 up by the Dames Point and seeing no cars for minutes at a time, but it is also nice being able to drive with no traffic. Often I'll just cruise up Heckscher toward the Talbots with the windows down; it is a beautiful and relaxing drive with no other cars up there. If you go for a drive like I do, please be safe and don't do anything reckless; you don't want to talk to the cops and the cops don't want to talk to you.
Old history.

I remember being on the crews mess on my first boat when the captain called us all in. He talked about how he’d put a guy on restriction the last few weeks we were in port when a guy went on a high speed run heading diwn on that big bridge that I’m pretty sure is the one about 1/2 way down 295. There was a police officer waiting for him at the base of the bridge.

Funny thing... CO mentioned his speed he was clocked at (140). A guy who was in the know in the back spoke up and said, “Actually, sir... he was only doing 139.” Old man lost it and started shouting and cussing about it having been 140-f***in’-miles-per-hour. We all tried to keep a straight face. It was very... very difficult. That was something like 15 years ago and I’ve still heard some guys mention that story in our small circles.

The cops? Yeah... they talked to that guy. Had another guy, a cook, flee from cops while in GA and I guess had watched too much Smokey and the Bandit or something. He figured if he could just make it to the FL line... they’d break off pursuit. Well... then didn’t. Then they proceeding to tase him back to the 1900s when he finally stopped at that agriculture inspection station truck stop thing on 95 and resisted arrest. That guy? Not in the navy anymore.

I always liked 295. I swear though... it and 95 have been under heavy construction since I was born. I’ve never seen them just be done. It seemed like they doubled up back when the super bowl was in town.

JDMDownload

4.FK7s.Sake
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Old history.

I remember being on the crews mess on my first boat when the captain called us all in. He talked about how he’d put a guy on restriction the last few weeks we were in port when a guy went on a high speed run heading diwn on that big bridge that I’m pretty sure is the one about 1/2 way down 295. There was a police officer waiting for him at the base of the bridge.

Funny thing... CO mentioned his speed he was clocked at (140). A guy who was in the know in the back spoke up and said, “Actually, sir... he was only doing 139.” Old man lost it and started shouting and cussing about it having been 140-f***in’-miles-per-hour. We all tried to keep a straight face. It was very... very difficult. That was something like 15 years ago and I’ve still heard some guys mention that story in our small circles.

The cops? Yeah... they talked to that guy. Had another guy, a cook, flee from cops while in GA and I guess had watched too much Smokey and the Bandit or something. He figured if he could just make it to the FL line... they’d break off pursuit. Well... then didn’t. Then they proceeding to tase him back to the 1900s when he finally stopped at that agriculture inspection station truck stop thing on 95 and resisted arrest. That guy? Not in the navy anymore.

I always liked 295. I swear though... it and 95 have been under heavy construction since I was born. I’ve never seen them just be done. It seemed like they doubled up back when the super bowl was in town.
Damn ???
I've only been here since 2012 but yeah I've seen some crazy non-navy shenanigans all over this town

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Any idea when meet ups are going to start up again? This virus has killed any large gatherings.

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best bet is C&C, but there are a few clubs, like Jacksonville Night Cruisers. Their on FB. You can also find others on 10th Gen Civic, and Civic Si Owners.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I’m in Duval myself. Just recently purchased my first Honda a week ago. Got it from Lucas Honda. I traded my 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ for a Honda Civic Ex 2.0. I’m enjoying it so far. Right now I’m trying to add some interior stuff to it but sigh this rain we’ve been having, I haven’t really been able to get anything done. I went Ronny nearest Pep boys and all I saw was walls up around where you would walk to shop for accessories. The guy said they’re only a service store now ? and the next Pep Boys for accessories is on Dunn Ave. yea, no. I’ll pass. Where’s a good place to find Honda accessories in the area instead of online?
Honda Civic 10th gen Jacksonville, FL 50403E9F-78F8-4D87-9E3A-2047FBB8BC74

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just here to bump this thread, anyone else here an essential worker?
Yep! I’ve been working from home since February/March-ish. Some of my co workers had to go into the office. And usually we have Thursdays off because that’s my supervisor’s “day of rest” since sometimes he has to go into the office by himself.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my ceramic coating done by True Image Autocare in Orange Park, I definitely recommend them! Car is shining like a diamond

20190411_200109.jpg

20190411_200119.jpg

20190411_202358.jpg

20190411_202528.jpg

20190412_070043.jpg

20190412_070053.jpg
Your car looks amazeballs!! I can’t imagine how much they would quote me for a ceramic coating for my car. I just got it and I think some spots were noticeably seen when I was doing a walk around. I bought some touch up paint to fix that problem but I don’t know how well it’s going to work. I’ve never had to use touch up paint on a car. I may have to give them a call and see what they quote me at for my sedan.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the same, and definitely digging the color as well. It's growing on me because it was my 2nd choice and it just so happen that Lucas Honda only has that color when I went to purchase it :)
That’s where I got my car from. They’re great. The sales guy I had was Nicholas Trunk. He let me test drive my car before I made a decision to purchase. I used my 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ for a trade in and my suv had 106,091 miles on it before trading it in. I was off by 20,000 but they went ahead and accepted it. So that helped a lot! Now just waiting on all the paperwork and loan to be updated with my bank before making my first payment.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@arb

Got mine back from Advanced Window Tinting off Sunbeam Rd. Pretty quick turn around. Less than 2 hours to remove existing tint and install new one.

I opted for 3M Color Stable 20% throughout for $250.

IMG_2004.JPG
Looks good. I may end up going there myself even though it’s a little out of the way. There was a place in Middleburg I had my 92’ Ford Ranger done at but don’t think they’re there anymore. I think they moved.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally got her tinted on Sunday! Went with LLumar ATC(or ATR? Don't quite remember) 20% with the windshield visor. Just left from getting the 3 day touch up; very satisfied.

IMG_1495.jpg IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1486.JPG

Projects for my three day weekend: removing the dealer installed pin stripe, and plastidipping the chrome and emblems (matte black).
Where did you go for your tint? Looks nice. I’m needing my CivicEx tinted but haven’t found a place that’s got good recommendations.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Need some recommendations for muffler shops in the area. I went by muffler city on my way home from Pep Boys on how much it would cost to do an axel back muffler swap. The owner told me $262 with the $20.00 discount for military. But I swear I can find somewhere else that’s more reasonable. I have a 2.0 4cyl and I’m not looking for a high pitch tone to add to my exhaust. Something moderate. He suggested the magnaflow with the s/s tip that’s also a magnaflow brand. First time going to the shop, had to wait a little bit but I swear I felt like I was being IGNORED! But finally when I was able to talk to the owner he gave me the price quote for doing the exhaust. Has anyone else got their exhaust done here before? ?

Bloodysteak

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT - Aegean Blue Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Need some recommendations for muffler shops in the area. I went by muffler city on my way home from Pep Boys on how much it would cost to do an axel back muffler swap. The owner told me $262 with the $20.00 discount for military. But I swear I can find somewhere else that’s more reasonable. I have a 2.0 4cyl and I’m not looking for a high pitch tone to add to my exhaust. Something moderate. He suggested the magnaflow with the s/s tip that’s also a magnaflow brand. First time going to the shop, had to wait a little bit but I swear I felt like I was being IGNORED! But finally when I was able to talk to the owner he gave me the price quote for doing the exhaust. Has anyone else got their exhaust done here before? ?
I highly recommend S&S Exhaust on St. John's Bluff. Look them up, they are rated pretty high. I had them weld up my P2P muffler and triple tips with custom piping to the straight pipe and was charged about $120. Great service and turn around!

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacksonville, FL 20191102_131427

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I highly recommend S&S Exhaust on St. John's Bluff. Look them up, they are rated pretty high. I had them weld up my P2P muffler and triple tips with custom piping to the straight pipe and was charged about $120. Great service and turn around!

20191102_131427.jpg
Believe it or not, S&S is right around the corner from my house. I’m not far from them. I’m just afraid if I get anything modified to the exhaust, it’ll void my warranty and I’m paying extra on my loan for my extended warranty.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally decided to get the windows tinted. Living in Florida, that’s a necessity lol so my boyfriend gave me an early birthday gift for my new car. Fixed some spots with some touch up paint and used some stuff I got out of the chemical guys wash & shine kit I got for myself. I’m waiting on my sunroof visor and my read spoiler to come in the mail soon. I love this color blue.???
Honda Civic 10th gen Jacksonville, FL image
Sponsored