Jacking up / jack point ?

stormynights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic DX Sedan, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Having some winter tires put in and the tech let me snap some pics. Interestingly he advised to jack the car up on the side points only. Missing the back side of the car, sorry.

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? 1

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
I've read over this thread and I'm
Still trying to figure out exactly what to hit on my jack stand for the front tires. My craftsman jack won't fit under the front to install the engine motor mount so I want to jack up from the side one of the front tires and and then jack up the front itself. Where exactly behind the front tire on the Coupe do I place the Jack? I'm having issues determining what part is the actual body of the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? image

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I've read over this thread and I'm
Still trying to figure out exactly what to hit on my jack stand for the front tires. My craftsman jack won't fit under the front to install the engine motor mount so I want to jack up from the side one of the front tires and and then jack up the front itself. Where exactly behind the front tire on the Coupe do I place the Jack? I'm having issues determining what part is the actual body of the car.

image.jpg
If you're asking about the side jack point
Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? UnTRm69

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Harbor Freight has their low profile 1.5 ton jacks on sale this weekend. The listed curb weight of an EX-T is 2899 lbs. So if you're only lifting the front end to put on 3 ton jack stands, do you think this is enough jack to handle that? 1.5 tons is 3000 lbs of lift. I don't have anything else in my car really. Thoughts. I'd go for a bigger jack, but by my measurements, they won't fit under the front end.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Harbor Freight has their low profile 1.5 ton jacks on sale this weekend. The listed curb weight of an EX-T is 2899 lbs. So if you're only lifting the front end to put on 3 ton jack stands, do you think this is enough jack to handle that? 1.5 tons is 3000 lbs of lift. I don't have anything else in my car really. Thoughts. I'd go for a bigger jack, but by my measurements, they won't fit under the front end.
Yes, it will work. Jacks have to be able to lift quite a bit more than the rated weight in order to qualify for the rated weight. Plus, you're only lifting half of the car. That being said, getting a jack that's rated much higher than what you're lifting is always a good idea.

If your car is stock height, the regular 2.5 ton Pittsburgh jacks will fit under. There's very little room to start the handle, but there's enough. Go back to my previous post in this thread, post #12 for pics.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Yes, it will work. Jacks have to be able to lift quite a bit more than the rated weight in order to qualify for the rated weight. Plus, you're only lifting half of the car. That being said, getting a jack that's rated much higher than what you're lifting is always a good idea.

If your car is stock height, the regular 2.5 ton Pittsburgh jacks will fit under. There's very little room to start the handle, but there's enough. Go back to my previous post in this thread, post #12 for pics.
I saw that post, but I'm looking under my car and there is a piece of black material that hangs lower than the rest of the vehicle that drops the clearance on the car. I measured it out at the store and it didn't appear like it would fit. I'll look at it again. Maybe that piece is flexible and I can squeeze the jack under there. Thanks for the advice though.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw that post, but I'm looking under my car and there is a piece of black material that hangs lower than the rest of the vehicle that drops the clearance on the car. I measured it out at the store and it didn't appear like it would fit. I'll look at it again. Maybe that piece is flexible and I can squeeze the jack under there. Thanks for the advice though.
I do remember the jack rubbing something slightly the first time, but it was just a splash guard. Definitely didn't scratch anything, and if you need to you can just press it up a bit while you push the jack forward that first bit.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I do remember the jack rubbing something slightly the first time, but it was just a splash guard. Definitely didn't scratch anything, and if you need to you can just press it up a bit while you push the jack forward that first bit.
Got it. Appreciate the info. I'll run and grab one in the morning. Harbor Freight is having a sidewalk sale this weekend. So pretty big savings involved.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got it. Appreciate the info. I'll run and grab one in the morning. Harbor Freight is having a sidewalk sale this weekend. So pretty big savings involved.
Gotta love Harbor Freight. Regular deals are great, but those sidewalk sales are nuts!

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you need a bit more room to get the jack under the car, just get a couple pieces of scrap 2x10 boards and drive onto them. Will give you an extra 1.5" of height under the car.

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
^ that's what i did. Worked great. Bur pleeease use jack stands. I knew a guy who was crushed because he assuyhis jack alone, was sufficient. Slowly suffocated by a vehicle... What a way to go.

One drawback to low cars, eh?

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Not that it's low, it's that the jack point is all the way behind the wheels

like wtf!
Sponsored