twaugh5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I don't have the car yet but I looked up the owners manual. Have you seen it here? http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-honda-civic-owners-manual-pdf-sedan.586/

Manual doesn't say there's a front jack point. But you could jack up the car on one side using the jack point, put a jack stand underneath that side, then jack up the other side and place the second jack stand under the other side.

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 5.34.56 PM.jpg
When you jack up the front point, it will raise the car sufficiently to place a jack stand on the rear point -- and vice versa. Ramps don't really raise the car enough to afford decent access to the car behind the front wheels. When I owned a Ford 260 V8 powered Sunbeam Tiger in the 60s, the joke was a trained monkey would be useful to help work on the car as things were quite tight.
Sponsored

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
get seom rhino ramps and drive on to them. then use your jack to jack the rear up via the jacking point. put jackstands in the rear pinchweldsand lower vehicle on them.

since you are on ramps it should be easy to get to the front jacking point now. jack the front up using the jacking point, remove the ramps and put jackstands on the front pinch welds and lower on to them.

now you have it lifted up on 4 jack stands ready to work. reverse order to get it back down.

i have found that using the side pin welds with a floor jack can mess them up pretty good.

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag
Hello, I'd also like to contribute my experience of jacking up the front end.

Yes the center point is far inside that my 2.5ton low-profile jack cannot reach it.

But here is the trick: go to the trunk and get that stupid scissor jack for a moment. Put it into either left/right jack point after the front wheels.

After you lift the scissor jack for a few inches (no need to wait until that side wheel is off ground), you'll have enough space to get the center jack point from the front with a regular low-profile jack.

When you are done, just follow the reverse sequence. Be careful otherwise you might stuck your low-profile jack under the front end...

Now my question is more about the rear. That pinch weld point is good but it is too outside. I lift it to the maximum height but still cannot put jack stands under side points...Checking with some of your photos...

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello, I'd also like to contribute my experience of jacking up the front end.

Yes the center point is far inside that my 2.5ton low-profile jack cannot reach it.

But here is the trick: go to the trunk and get that stupid scissor jack for a moment. Put it into either left/right jack point after the front wheels.

After you lift the scissor jack for a few inches (no need to wait until that side wheel is off ground), you'll have enough space to get the center jack point from the front with a regular low-profile jack.

When you are done, just follow the reverse sequence. Be careful otherwise you might stuck your low-profile jack under the front end...

Now my question is more about the rear. That pinch weld point is good but it is too outside. I lift it to the maximum height but still cannot put jack stands under side points...Checking with some of your photos...
If you need just a bit more height, a block of wood between the jack and car might work. However if you need more height, get a jack with more lift. I use a jack with 24” of lift.

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag
If you need just a bit more height, a block of wood between the jack and car might work. However if you need more height, get a jack with more lift. I use a jack with 24” of lift.
Yeah this is another solution! Sounds good. Drive one-side front wheel onto it and then the lift can reach the center point.

My own issue with the rear is that pinch weld position is too out. It's already quite high so even at max lifting height, the rear end isn't lifted too much. Even the rear wheels are barely touching the land. It's already 18"... I need to use other points someone posted in this thread.

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You sir, are a genius.
Yep, this definitely works well. I had a 2x10 8ft piece. Cut that in half and then staggered the pieces (3 ft and 1 ft I think it was) to create a mini ramp. 4 total inches off the ground is more than enough to get the floor jack in there (or even do work without it - but it's always advisable to get the car on jack stands if you're getting underneath).

PuddleOfFat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Here's a first-hand answer from my first oil change. Yes, you can use that center point in the front to jack up the whole front end of the car, then put jack stands under both sides. Makes it so much easier than one side at a time. There's not much clearance under the car, but my 2.5 ton jack from Harbor Freight squeezed under there. It's the regular size jack, too, not the low clearance version. The initial pumping went really slowly as there wasn't much room to pump the handle, but there was enough space to get it started. And voila!

20160626_114038.jpg

20160626_114527.jpg

20160626_114741.jpg
the problem is that its all the way in the middle of the car and a regular jack can't reach that far in. It's like under the shifter if that makes any more sense.
MaximusBKK, as per what MtheBeast said, how did you fare putting your jack there considering it’s so far back? Did you have the jack lever down all the way when you slid it that far back? If so, did you have to pump in very tiny increments at first until it was high enough off the ground?

PuddleOfFat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
...here is the only place i think you could jack from, maybe with a bottle jack.

2016-civic-undercarrige4.jpg
Yeah, that looks like a jack point. Should be able to do it with a regular hydraulic jack as well.
the problem is that its all the way in the middle of the car and a regular jack can't reach that far in. It's like under the shifter if that makes any more sense.
After searching online for hours, I’ve finally found this video which shows how to jack it up with a regular floor jack! Just watch the first minute or so. Hope this helps!

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a first-hand answer from my first oil change. Yes, you can use that center point in the front to jack up the whole front end of the car, then put jack stands under both sides. Makes it so much easier than one side at a time. There's not much clearance under the car, but my 2.5 ton jack from Harbor Freight squeezed under there. It's the regular size jack, too, not the low clearance version. The initial pumping went really slowly as there wasn't much room to pump the handle, but there was enough space to get it started. And voila!

20160626_114038.jpg

20160626_114527.jpg

20160626_114741.jpg
I’ve done this too... but after driving the front tires up on top of a couple of foot long slabs of 2x10 lumber.
That extra inch and a half in clearance make a huge difference.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
I take for granted years of having access to a lift. The front center jacking point is so far back, but goes right up with some Tetris.

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? K023AK6

Hfury1300

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a good way to jack the front end and from where? Thanks MtheBeast for the pics, but I can't even stick my head under the car to see that far back (front the front or sides).
What I did was buy a few of the rubber anti fatigue Mats. Have like two folded over and drive over till both front tires at a higher point. That gives extra clearance to get a jack underneath to that far back lift point
Sponsored