se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Not that it's low, it's that the jack point is all the way behind the wheels

like wtf!
Yeah. It's pretty far back. Kind of dumb to get to. I have 3 ton jack stands already purchased today. Just wasn't sure on the jack. Going back tomorrow to pick that up.
Sponsored

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Well, after picking up a jack and some jack stands, I have come to hate where the front jack point is on this car. It's a pain in the ass to get to from the front. I can get to it from the side from the wheel well. Going to have to go the wood route to get a little more clearance. Such a pain. Just to be able to do my own oil changes and wheel rotations.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? IMG_7177.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? IMG_7178.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? IMG_7179.JPG Finished the ramps I was talking about above. Turned out well and is the perfect height for oil changes. I can drive up the first step to give enough clearance for the jack so I can jack up the front end too for tire rotations. Highly recommend going this route.

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At least the car has front and rear jack points. A lot of cars these days only come with the 4 lift points beneath the rocker panels, which makes DIY without a lift extremely difficult.

Lightning19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Sedan
I have a scissor jack which has a bolt head at the end of it. An impact wrench works great to jack the car up in a matter of a couple seconds.

Tire rotations are completed in just a few minutes.
You know where the certain jack points are tho? I do not want to mess my frame up being unviseral

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? IMG_0337.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? IMG_0723.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? IMG_0710.JPG
I just jack it up on the front one on both sides for oil changes. I jack up both sides a few times and it actually lets a decent amount more oil out if I rotate sides. The ramp method is good too, but my way gets even more oil out of the engine.

Descance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan Manual
Having some winter tires put in and the tech let me snap some pics. Interestingly he advised to jack the car up on the side points only. Missing the back side of the car, sorry.

2.jpg

1.jpg
Why did he tell you to jack up on the side points only? Are you telling me i can't use my hydraulic jack on the front/rear jack points, but only the pinch welds?

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
You have to get a jack 4 ft in from the front with 5 inches of vertical clearance to get to the jack point.
My crappy harbor freight jack is 8 inches.
I can't drive it up my ramps either; too much incline and the bumper hits.

(BTW, I've scraped up the underside of my bumper and other plastics several times already on
average driveways and curbs... you'd think this was a vette or something!)

I refuse to cave in and have someone else change my oil!
I guess I'll look for a super low profile jack, or build some low angle approaches to my ramps.
I'll let you know how it goes....

Other than this, and the useless voice recognition software, I LOVE THIS CAR!
I just lay down a 2x8 on its face just before my steel ramps. It lifts the cat 1 1/2",just enough so I don't scrap anything. Been doing it for years. My 2x8 is only like 12" long. OK, now I'm bragging. :spaz:

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
se7encrows --

One hopes you don't overshoot the mark and fall off the other side!

I have two hydraulic jacks and two jack stands which I used for tire rotation.

Lift the back of the car with one jack in the center position just behind the spare tire. Put the jack stands in front of each rear wheel.

Lower the jack and move it up front behind a wheel. Place the other jack behind the other wheel. Raise both jacks and rotate the tires.

The stamped metal ramps offer 8+ inches of elevation, almost 4 more inches than your boards. The extra elevation offers value for me.

The ramps are a good product. Lightweight and strong. Never wear out.

Streetkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura integra
Country flag
My jack can't reach the center jack point. So I don't understand how I jack up the pinch welds and get the jackstand in place. There's not enough room for the jack stand with the jack there.. what am I missing?

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My jack can't reach the center jack point. So I don't understand how I jack up the pinch welds and get the jackstand in place. There's not enough room for the jack stand with the jack there.. what am I missing?
Either get a longer jack, or drive up onto some pieces of lumber to gain a bit more room to slide the jack under the center jack point. You need to use the center jack point to lift the vehicle in order to place jackstands under the side jack points.

Alternatively, get a lift.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
Either get a longer jack, or drive up onto some pieces of lumber to gain a bit more room to slide the jack under the center jack point. You need to use the center jack point to lift the vehicle in order to place jackstands under the side jack points.

Alternatively, get a lift.

Use the cars jack to Get the side up enough To get your jack under the middle

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Is there a rear jack point on the Civic Si Sedan? I took a look underneath last night and didn't see anything similar to either the rear jack point of the hatch or the rear jack point of the non Si Sedans.

skycake10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM
Country flag
Is there a rear jack point on the Civic Si Sedan? I took a look underneath last night and didn't see anything similar to either the rear jack point of the hatch or the rear jack point of the non Si Sedans.
I have an Si Coupe and I'm wondering the same thing. Our front jack point is the same, but I can't find where the rear jack point would be. There are two reinforced pieces on either side of the exhaust pipe before it splits into the two mufflers, but I'm not sure how steady it would be trying to use one or the other. They also don't go quite past the exhaust, so I'm not comfortable trying to put a 2x4 or something across them.
Sponsored