Jacking up / jack point ?

chuckskup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
You have to get a jack 4 ft in from the front with 5 inches of vertical clearance to get to the jack point.
My crappy harbor freight jack is 8 inches.
I can't drive it up my ramps either; too much incline and the bumper hits.

(BTW, I've scraped up the underside of my bumper and other plastics several times already on
average driveways and curbs... you'd think this was a vette or something!)

I refuse to cave in and have someone else change my oil!
I guess I'll look for a super low profile jack, or build some low angle approaches to my ramps.
I'll let you know how it goes....

Other than this, and the useless voice recognition software, I LOVE THIS CAR!
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
You have to get a jack 4 ft in from the front with 5 inches of vertical clearance to get to the jack point.
My crappy harbor freight jack is 8 inches.
I can't drive it up my ramps either; too much incline and the bumper hits.

(BTW, I've scraped up the underside of my bumper and other plastics several times already on
average driveways and curbs... you'd think this was a vette or something!)

I refuse to cave in and have someone else change my oil!
I guess I'll look for a super low profile jack, or build some low angle approaches to my ramps.
I'll let you know how it goes....

Other than this, and the useless voice recognition software, I LOVE THIS CAR!
Welcome to the forums!

I used the scissor jack in the trunk to lift the passenger side up just enough for a floor jack to slide under easily.

FrankR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
I can't find a good place to jack up the front of the car besides the pinch welds. it looks likes there is a spot in the middle to jack it up but I am not sure if that is a jacking point, or if i could even get a jack there since its so far under the car. Has anyone been able to find a good way to jack up the car to put it on jack stands?

stormynights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic DX Sedan, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'm shopping around for a floor jack, primarily for the purposes of swapping out my winter tires. I'm looking to get something that will last a long long time but nothing too expensive either. I see myself taking the summer tires off regularly for cleaning also. I'm thinking of an Arcan HJ-3000 from costco.ca (~$150.00C) or maybe something slightly less such as a motomaster from crappy tire or pro-lift from amazon.ca, something around that price range.

Does anyone have any experience with these or any other recommendations?

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
What about jack stands for all four sides? I jacked it up from that rear point yesterday and didn't see any perfect place that I really felt comfortable using

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
What about jack stands for all four sides? I jacked it up from that rear point yesterday and didn't see any perfect place that I really felt comfortable using
That's in the owner's manual, in the section on using the jack to change a flat.

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Do you happen to have the jacking points for the 5-door? I'm planning ahead for my first oil change and tire rotation, and not having a rear jack point would be hard to work around.

kvnhmmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the photos. I was also able to barely squeeze a borrowed hydraulic jack in that spot to (with an initial <1cm jack handle movement) get under to survey the damage i did to my bottom splash guard, and investigate repairing and eventually replacing it (thanks again to this site for the part numbers). That spot did the trick. Godo thing, too. the OEM jack is the worst jack I've ever used. Sure it works, but it's soooo slow.
I have a scissor jack which has a bolt head at the end of it. An impact wrench works great to jack the car up in a matter of a couple seconds.

Tire rotations are completed in just a few minutes.
Sponsored