Jacking up / jack point ?

MtheBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I can't find a good place to jack up the front of the car besides the pinch welds. it looks likes there is a spot in the middle to jack it up but I am not sure if that is a jacking point, or if i could even get a jack there since its so far under the car. Has anyone been able to find a good way to jack up the car to put it on jack stands?
Sponsored

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I don't have the car yet but I looked up the owners manual. Have you seen it here? http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-honda-civic-owners-manual-pdf-sedan.586/

Manual doesn't say there's a front jack point. But you could jack up the car on one side using the jack point, put a jack stand underneath that side, then jack up the other side and place the second jack stand under the other side.

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 5.34.56 PM

OP
OP

MtheBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I guess so. I'm just curious if there is a better way, like to lift up the front from one point to make it easy to put 2 jacks stands on the pinch welds. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow, it's all covered in plastic underneath which i guess isn't a bad thing since it keeps all of the road junk away.

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
I guess so. I'm just curious if there is a better way, like to lift up the front from one point to make it easy to put 2 jacks stands on the pinch welds. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow, it's all covered in plastic underneath which i guess isn't a bad thing since it keeps all of the road junk away.
In past Civics I think there was a frame cross member that you could use, but I'm not positive. Even if there was in this Civic, you'd have to remove the plastic covering from the front of the car to use it. Without removing the plastic you'd be doing it blindly trying to search for the jack point. But you probably need to jack up the car in the first place to even remove the plastic right?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
There should be a subframe where the LCAs attach. That is probably a good spot.

When in doubt, look to where the motor/transmission attaches to the back of the car (lower rear motor mount). That's likely one of the strongest points on the front section of the car. You may need to remove the plastic undertray to gain visibility.

To confirm, at least officially, you're going to need the Helms or equivalent service manual. Talk to the service garage if you have to.

spets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Country flag
Yeah, that looks like a jack point. Should be able to do it with a regular hydraulic jack as well.

OP
OP

MtheBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Yeah, that looks like a jack point. Should be able to do it with a regular hydraulic jack as well.
the problem is that its all the way in the middle of the car and a regular jack can't reach that far in. It's like under the shifter if that makes any more sense.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
Not sure about the front, but there is a jacking point at the rear of the car, just inside the rear bumper lower edge, in the middle. It is attached to the back of the gas tank.

Last edited:

civiced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a good way to jack the front end and from where? Thanks MtheBeast for the pics, but I can't even stick my head under the car to see that far back (front the front or sides).

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't find a good place to jack up the front of the car besides the pinch welds. it looks likes there is a spot in the middle to jack it up but I am not sure if that is a jacking point, or if i could even get a jack there since its so far under the car. Has anyone been able to find a good way to jack up the car to put it on jack stands?
Has anyone figured out a good way to jack the front end and from where? Thanks MtheBeast for the pics, but I can't even stick my head under the car to see that far back (front the front or sides).
Here's a first-hand answer from my first oil change. Yes, you can use that center point in the front to jack up the whole front end of the car, then put jack stands under both sides. Makes it so much easier than one side at a time. There's not much clearance under the car, but my 2.5 ton jack from Harbor Freight squeezed under there. It's the regular size jack, too, not the low clearance version. The initial pumping went really slowly as there wasn't much room to pump the handle, but there was enough space to get it started. And voila!

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? 20160626_114038

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? 20160626_114527

Honda Civic 10th gen Jacking up / jack point ? 20160626_114741

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
Thanks for the photos. I was also able to barely squeeze a borrowed hydraulic jack in that spot to (with an initial <1cm jack handle movement) get under to survey the damage i did to my bottom splash guard, and investigate repairing and eventually replacing it (thanks again to this site for the part numbers). That spot did the trick. Godo thing, too. the OEM jack is the worst jack I've ever used. Sure it works, but it's soooo slow.

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Thanks for the photos. I was also able to barely squeeze a borrowed hydraulic jack in that spot to (with an initial <1cm jack handle movement) get under to survey the damage i did to my bottom splash guard, and investigate repairing and eventually replacing it (thanks again to this site for the part numbers). That spot did the trick. Godo thing, too. the OEM jack is the worst jack I've ever used. Sure it works, but it's soooo slow.
Hmmm...more cost savings? :p