Jack/Jack Stand Tips?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
This isn't spoon feeding. If you're making a claim a specific place is safe to lift the vehicle from, back it up with the Honda documentation showing it.

I'll take that as a no, you're not a mechanic.

Anyway, let's give the thread back to the OP shall we. ?
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I'll take that as a no, you're not a mechanic.

Anyway, let's give the thread back to the OP shall we. ?
That's what I thought, there is no documentation.

The service manual and Honda technet only show two places that jacking the vehicle is allowed: The jack point on the center of the front subframe and the jack point in the center of the rear subframe (straddling the exhaust on center exhaust models).

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
just did a tire rotation on my civic. drove up on rhino ramps. jacked up from the front center support. then pulled ramps and replace with jack stands on pinch welds.
in the back they provide a jacking point next to the center exhaust. i found it too small and the jack hit the plastic. So instead i jacked up the rear by using 2 jacks. one on each of the rear control arms arms. then i lowered it onto jackstands at the pinch welds. reverse to lower
i hate using the pinch welds to jack up vehicles as i have found they often get damaged and bent.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
In the past I've always jacked up my cars near the pinch welds and placed the jack stands on the pinch welds but from looking at that area on my Si that doesn't appear to be a good option at all. Instead, I jacked up the car under the pinch welds, put a 2 x 6 under each front tire, lowered the car onto the 2 x 6's, jacked up the car from under the front center support, and then lowered it onto jack stands under the pinch welds. I will be making a small wooden ramp to drive the car onto so that I can more quickly jack the car up.