J’s Racing CTR @ Tsukuba Circuit

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Some times for comparison: https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/tsukuba

Not too shabby I guess, but it is a tuned car. When it comes to ultimate fast laps though, it's far off from the FF holder Vibrant Civic which is probably a more hardcore race car.

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
Some times for comparison: https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/tsukuba

Not too shabby I guess, but it is a tuned car. When it comes to ultimate fast laps though, it's far off from the FF holder Vibrant Civic which is probably a more hardcore race car.
I've raced against the Vibrant car in my time attack EG honda. the Vibrant car is totally full race full on KILL mode build. 800+ whp K24 engine with sequential gear box and super lightweight carbon panels and fully developed aero components (nose, splitter, diffuser, wing, tunneled out bottom) MASSIVE 315 super soft racing tires, huge brakes, full traction control and on and on. we are talking a max effort build car. for example, when we went to NJMP Global Time Attack, it not only won the Unlimited FWD class, but in the process set the fastest ever time of any car with a body that had ever been on the racetrack, ever, since the track had been opened. faster than any Corvette or Porsche or Ferrari or any car with a body, EVER. the only car that had ever turned a faster lap there was a Formula Continental racecar (a extremely fast formula car a couple rungs down from an Indy car). so, ya, that J's racing FK8 is never gonna threaten the Vibrant car lol

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Now with subtitles I really wonder how little is done for 10k. Wing, suspension, wheels/ tires, looks like rotors pads and a steering wheel? Even if there is some more small things done that is a solid time for very simple bolt ons.

I wonder why they run a big rear wing and didn't add any front downforce. I bet a good front splitter setup instead of the wing would have showed better gains. FYI this was rhetorical because they sell a rear wing and not a front splitter.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Now with subtitles I really wonder how little is done for 10k. Wing, suspension, wheels/ tires, looks like rotors pads and a steering wheel? Even if there is some more small things done that is a solid time for very simple bolt ons.
has a cusco LSD also.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
has a cusco LSD also.
Weird. Seems like a very odd grouping of parts. I think you could go much faster for less but don’t have Tsukuba close by to test on lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Weird. Seems like a very odd grouping of parts. I think you could go much faster for less but don’t have Tsukuba close by to test on lol
They only mentioned the cusco lsd and coilovers, and had a tuning unit assuming from their power values. Visually, you can see the wing, hood, exhaust, strut bar and grille. With the front vents not opened up on the JDM passenger side leads me to believe it had no oil cooler also.

Keep in mind, the cost i believe is including all the labor costs too (although it really shouldn't be much with the parts it has on)
Honda Civic 10th gen J’s Racing CTR @ Tsukuba Circuit iKMmhyc

the way he was complaining about the brakes makes me believe it was still stock pads too idk.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m just saying for the price of their wing and a LSD/ install there are far more beneficial things to this car on track. I think items like the wing they put on because it’s their demo car but is a total waste for this setup.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup. I’m just pointing out better CTR lap times could be set

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Was there any mention of torque steer? :D

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

I wonder why they run a big rear wing and didn't add any front downforce. I bet a good front splitter setup instead of the wing would have showed better gains. FYI this was rhetorical because they sell a rear wing and not a front splitter.
It's kind of ironic since the driver was complaining about the understeer. If the wing they put on produces more downforce, it would most likely lead to more understeer on the car.
Sponsored