Willboz1_R

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Country flag
Anyone running this? Searched all over here and fk8 owners on fb. Can’t get a definitive answer on the sound. I think most people are running the loud version.
Sponsored

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
Check out
K20elite23 on youtube. He has a few videos of install and cabin sound. Tried to link his youtube but couldn't.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
he runs the race version. He states it in the comments in his videos. I have ran the race version as well. It's loud...as far as the street version goes my speed shop i go to ran the street version and they said it was really tame. It has two resonators on it like the oem exhaust.

OP
OP

Willboz1_R

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I thought I was going for something quiet like that hks legamax. But now I want something not super loud but maybe 15-20% louder than the hks. I’m hoping the j’s street is like that.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
have you made any other mods to your system? aka FP or DP? that also makes a difference in sound. I have had 3 exhaust systems on the FK8 so far but am running on a stock DP and FP. The Fuji was by far the quietest and had no drone whatsoever which is expected from Fuji. I am in the same boat i don't want the attention nor do i want an absurdly loud exhaust but man did the j's racing sound good.

OP
OP

Willboz1_R

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Country flag
have you made any other mods to your system? aka FP or DP? that also makes a difference in sound. I have had 3 exhaust systems on the FK8 so far but am running on a stock DP and FP. The Fuji was by far the quietest and had no drone whatsoever which is expected from Fuji. I am in the same boat i don't want the attention nor do i want an absurdly loud exhaust but man did the j's racing sound good.
not yet. I just barely broke in so I’m deciding on which way to head. I will probably run a front pipe. Catted Dp if I decide to run hondata. I’ve always wanted to j’s back when I had my s2k. but I’m for sure getting the street Version and not the race if it fits the sound I’m looking for.

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
If I may insert my two cents, I have a PRL DP and FP on stock exhaust, when I installed the DP (non-catted) I was worried about the sound but it didn't get too loud, just a tad deeper to the stock exhaust noise. Once I installed the FP the exhaust got significantly deeper and louder, but not crazy loud tbh. To me it sounds like I have an exhaust... I'm also on a base map tune 91 octane hondata tune.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not yet. I just barely broke in so I’m deciding on which way to head. I will probably run a front pipe. Catted Dp if I decide to run hondata. I’ve always wanted to j’s back when I had my s2k. but I’m for sure getting the street Version and not the race if it fits the sound I’m looking for.
If I may insert my two cents, I have a PRL DP and FP on stock exhaust, when I installed the DP (non-catted) I was worried about the sound but it didn't get too loud, just a tad deeper to the stock exhaust noise. Once I installed the FP the exhaust got significantly deeper and louder, but not crazy loud tbh. To me it sounds like I have an exhaust... I'm also on a base map tune 91 octane hondata tune.
Usually the catless will wake it up more than the FP so that’s pretty interesting that adding the FP made it deeper.

cuz for some reason when I watched some YouTube videos of an FP and catless DP on stock exhaust it didn’t really sound like a huge difference. But than again YouTube....
Sponsored