its time to move on......my back is killing me

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi 10th gen community...ive been here for the last 3 years and learn a lot about this plateform,i had 3x 10th gen hatches....but sadly in the last 10 months my back is killing me and didnt know what was the problem....so i went for a long trip 3h30 drive in the 2018 crv (wife car) and had zero back issue...and went back home same thing....got back in my car the next morning and after 20min(going to work)...my back was shot...been going to the chyro 5 times and always come back at the starting line,,,,,,,so i loved the look of my car...but i cannot see myself driving this for another 5 year and feel like a old man....im 39 year old.....and 6 feet 1
drove my new Beast V6 Vtec today for 2 hour in traffic stop and go and was like a new man with no issues to my back :)
here my 10th gen civic(sold) and my Rdx 2017 Tech Packages

P.S. Honda need to step up these seat confort....at least in the base and sport model........dont know about the sitting position in the touring tho.......

Honda Civic 10th gen its time to move on......my back is killing me !!

Honda Civic 10th gen its time to move on......my back is killing me @@

Honda Civic 10th gen its time to move on......my back is killing me $$

Honda Civic 10th gen its time to move on......my back is killing me 6941254_09386_2017-acura-rdx_008.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen its time to move on......my back is killing me rdx

Honda Civic 10th gen its time to move on......my back is killing me rdx2

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Even with the power seat they are sorely lacking lumbar support. But the OP's hatch didn't have power seats.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Even with the power seat they are sorely lacking lumbar support. But the OP's hatch didn't have power seats.
Wait a moment. Is there a version with power adjustable seat BUT without lumbar support? Mine has manually adjustable seat but with (electr.adjustable) lumbar support.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Wait a moment. Is there a version with power adjustable seat BUT without lumbar support? Mine has manually adjustable seat but with (electr.adjustable) lumbar support.
US model has 0 lumbar support options/adjustments

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about you just install a CRV seat in your driver position and call it a day?

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
US model has 0 lumbar support options/adjustments
That’s stupid. Even stupider that I saw in my seat’s lumbar support system (frame and motor) that it was made in Canada... i was hunting for the source of a rattling sound.

Shingo_FK7

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Honestly I have had the same issue in all the cars I've driven. Im planning on putting in a bucket seat in instead of swapping the seat with a crv seat. The sport seats do a decent job of holding me but i need more support for longer drives. Mine has no lumbar support and its got manually adjusted seat controls.

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going through a similar dilemma. I do like the side bolsters on the sport hatch but the lack of lumbar support is unfortunate. I have my seat adjusted with very minimum recline to minimize back pain.

I may consider this lumbar support cushion in hopes that it doesn't compromise side bolsters. Don't want to be going through a million different lumbar cushions.. ?

OP
OP
hfpdohc

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about you just install a CRV seat in your driver position and call it a day?
too late ive switch already...and at 4am in the morning in the winter storms...i was tired of plowing all my way to work 20 min ride...with the Awd...it will be a piece of cake :)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Mazda3 with manual lumbar adjustment has been a world of difference for me on longer drives. Even after 3 hours I barely have any pain, compared to the pain I had with my Type R seats. No lumbar cushion seemed to help in my Type R. Guess it just wasn't made for me.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I don't know if it's just a lack of lumbar support but rather a different riding position.
In a civic you are sitting rather elongated which is very different in a CRV I think

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My mother (albeit she is quite a bit older than 39) had issues from the 2017 CR-V's seats. She now has a 2020 RAV4 and has none of the same issues. I wonder if long term you'd have gotten the same issue if you had moved to a CR-V?

I'd still take them over just about every American car's seats, ever.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
It looks like you lowered your Civic and coil overs? That would be enough to irritate a sensitive back
Sponsored