Blitzle

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, '06 Spec.B, '93 300ZX NA
Country flag
Already did some research but I had a few questions that on things that weren't clear.

To start, my goal is just to just get rid of this awful rev hang and improve anything related to the throttle response. I also want to change some clutch things but that's unrelated to engine tuning.
What I don't want is any bump in PSI/power. I picked the commuter trim for a reason.

So the questions:
  • For both Ktuner and Hondata, the "stock" tunes that come with are aproximations correct? They aren't truely stock.
  • If I'm buying a used device and it already has certain tunes loaded on it - where do I find the base ones? Either I'm blind or I didn't find anything on the websites. I haven't even checked other map providers talked about in the forum - I assumed all their maps had power bumps.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They aren't approximations. Hondata and KTuner essentially take the original calibration file from your ECU and modify it to whatever you want. They aren't playing guessing games and just making something that feels similar, they're simply just not applying any modifications to the file.

The base tunes are within KTuner/Hondata's software itself already, not on the device.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Already did some research but I had a few questions that on things that weren't clear.

To start, my goal is just to just get rid of this awful rev hang and improve anything related to the throttle response. I also want to change some clutch things but that's unrelated to engine tuning.
What I don't want is any bump in PSI/power. I picked the commuter trim for a reason.

So the questions:
  • For both Ktuner and Hondata, the "stock" tunes that come with are aproximations correct? They aren't truely stock.
  • If I'm buying a used device and it already has certain tunes loaded on it - where do I find the base ones? Either I'm blind or I didn't find anything on the websites. I haven't even checked other map providers talked about in the forum - I assumed all their maps had power bumps.
Stock tunes that come from both platforms are tunes taking from stock ECU so it's not a guesstimated tunes like Kefi mentioned.

Both platforms provide Factory calibration, which is a stock tune comes from ECU, just like the title says.

You can select disable rev hang and play around with any throttle responsiveness according to your preference.

I'd recommend KTuner V1.2 based on your purpose of buying tuning platform and KTuner V1.2 cost less than Hondata Flashpro.

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’ve gone with Hondata in the past, for my 8th gen Si and S2000, but on the 1.5L platform Ktuner is king. Even if you plan on sticking with the stock map without rev hang right now (like I did in the past), you might want to pump up the power eventually and Ktuner is the one.

Last edited:

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag

So the questions:
i m using hondata flashpro, but will suggest for ktuner as you can get more support for e-tuning and custom tune maps.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Can't speak to Hondata, but with the Ktuner software the base maps are just built into the software. You can open them from the menu and then load them to a slot on the Ktuner device.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Can't speak to Hondata, but with the Ktuner software the base maps are just built into the software. You can open them from the menu and then load them to a slot on the Ktuner device.
Yep. It's essentially the same with Hondata. Download the Flashpro Manager program, load a base map to the Flashpro unit and upload to the ECU.
Sponsored

Last edited: