It's official - There will be an 11th Gen Civic Si!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Honda, for the past few years, have been wanting a fuel efficient
and very affordable SI.
They have said so every time they have presented the SI at auto shows.
For performance, they have relied on the CTR.
They also shown it with videos on the Nurburing circuit, for example.
I don't think they're going to change their policy: fuel economy and
low pollution for the SI and performance for the R type. the power of which
will probably be increased around 330-340 hp.
You can always dream, you'll never get 400 hp in the customers' car.
It is technically feasible but expensive and they are very conservative.
Audi, for example is not.
That,s my opinion and you are free to think otherwise.
I think so too despite rumors of 400 hp hybrid Type R. I think 330 hp, FWD and about the same price. Which would make a 2.0L Si unlikely. Only one body style for the Si would be weird though. Why drop the coupe if they're not planning to offer a hatch Si?
Sponsored

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
I can't see them beefing up performance too much on the Si either, it'll really start to cannibalize Type R sales at that point. My guess is they'll boost the HP to the 220-230 range to stay competitive within the class and leave it at that. At this point it's pretty much the lowest power of the spicy econo cars. I guess the Elantra GT N-Line and the hot version of the Forte5 also have 200/200. If the Si stays low the korean cars become much more interesting, especially if the Si doesn't come as a hatch. Anecdotally I see a lot more 10th gen hatches that have modded than I see Si around me, which means enthusiasts considered their options and went with the hatch. Honda's gotta know this.

OP
OP
ebhaynz

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
One thing I'm worried about is this; I've seen spy pics of the new Type-R and it has one of those atrocious head units that sticks above the dash. I really hate those and I bet they'll put it in the Si too.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Yep. Stop driving immediately. Then I'd recommend a giant vacuum sealed bag around the car. Then bury it in a time capsule. Should be worth a fortune in 100 years.
actually my brothers 1986 mustang GT when he bought back in 86 he didn’t intend to store it but it just happen it never saw rain or snow to this day it has a little over 8 thousand miles on it every thing is original from the tires to the wiper blades every thing is from 1986 except the fluids of cause He kept it covered and stored in the garage in NY now in CT it was featured In hemmings classic car magazine 2016 you can google matchless mustang and read the article and 1957 the city of Tulsa OK buried a new 1957 Plymouth belvedere in a time capsule too be open 50 years 2007 but unfortunately the time capsule was full of water ( some say there was a water main leak in area back in the seventies) and the car was rusted out and believe it or not someone bought the car because of it being in a time capsule for 50 years and having only 4 miles on it

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
One thing I'm worried about is this; I've seen spy pics of the new Type-R and it has one of those atrocious head units that sticks above the dash. I really hate those and I bet they'll put it in the Si too.
I used to hate those too but supposedly they're quite a bit better than having to move your eyes so far from the road to look at your screen. The one in the new mazda 3 looks sweet.

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
I used to hate those too but supposedly they're quite a bit better than having to move your eyes so far from the road to look at your screen. The one in the new mazda 3 looks sweet.
Ding ding! I really used to hate that style also until I owned one in my 2018 Miata, it's a much better concept/design. You don't have to take your eyes as far off of the road to see it which is safer, essepcially when using navigation.

OP
OP
ebhaynz

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
"The Japanese carmaker wants to electrify two-thirds of its global lineup by 2030. And it wants to achieve 100 percent electrification across its offerings in Europe by 2025.

To get there, Hachigo said Honda will deploy its two-motor i-MMD, or Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive, hybrid system across the entire lineup of Honda vehicles.
Let me guess, all these i-MMD engines are VTEC's?
Sponsored