amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
So now it's done. My Lexus arrived today, and my Si has been sold. The new owner took it for a spin and loved it! He's a much younger guy than me and will appreciate it. I showed him all the paperwork that I kept it serviced, and he didn't even ask to take it to a mechanic to check it out.

I won't talk to much about the Lexus except to say damn, it has a ton of power. And it's leather heated/cooled seats are comfortable. It's a car that fits my personality much more. So I will leave it there.

The Si was a ton of fun. I have driven all different types of cars due to traveling and having to rent, and the Si is one of the best in its class for what you pay for. I will definitely miss it.

I will also miss this forum. I made a lot of good friends, rubbed some people wrong occasionally, but all in all I had a great time and learned a lot from knowledgeable people. I will poke my head in from time to time to see what's going on

Honda Civic 10th gen It's now officially official Arrival.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen It's now officially official IMG_20190908_130704

Last edited:
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Again congrats on the IS350. The 2nd generation are still one of my favorites and they aged well:)
Actually it has aged well, as a lot of the tech it has, although older, was not available to most cars until 2013/2014. There is one thing that does suck...you have to go into the screen to turn the AC on or off, adjust the fan speed...just like my 2018 Si. Although in the Lexus everything is at eye level, so it's easier and less distracting than the Si when driving.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The new owner sent me a pic of her new home near Tracy, CA. He's going to be glad I installed a performance intercooler, as it gets hot out there in the summer

Honda Civic 10th gen It's now officially official IMG_20190825_133900

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
It’s a good looking car wish you the best of luck with it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s a good looking car wish you the best of luck with it :thumbsup:
Are you talking about the Lexus or the Si? Like I always told my kids when they asked me which one of them was better looking, I always told them each was beautiful in their own unique ways

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you talking about the Lexus or the Si? Like I always told my kids when they asked me which one of them was better looking, I always told them each was beautiful in their own unique ways
Good question I would say both of them

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Actually it has aged well, as a lot of the tech it has, although older, was not available to most cars until 2013/2014. There is one thing that does suck...you have to go into the screen to turn the AC on or off, adjust the fan speed...just like my 2018 Si. Although in the Lexus everything is at eye level, so it's easier and less distracting than the Si when driving.
That is a Lexua trait, to use the screen for AC functions:) It does not bug me, and easy to use:)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn’t buy a Toyota or Lexus but I did get a job offer at a local Toyota dealership in the parts department today (I will still keep my Honda)

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn’t buy a Toyota or Lexus but I did get a job offer at a local Toyota dealership in the parts department today (I will still keep my Honda)
Congratulations. Are you taking it? And if so can I get a discount? :)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congratulations. Are you taking it? And if so can I get a discount? :)
Thanks have to iron out a few things before I take it but probably will take it don’t know about discount though for some reason a lot of places that I work in Florida don’t give employee discounts if I was in New York I would

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How’s the automatic in the Lexus? I hear the transmissions are generally a weaker point in everything but the LC. Also, how’s the acceleration? Even with a 3.5L V6 people say it’s somewhat slow compared to the competition.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How’s the automatic in the Lexus? I hear the transmissions are generally a weaker point in everything but the LC. Also, how’s the acceleration? Even with a 3.5L V6 people say it’s somewhat slow compared to the competition.
The transmission is amazing, extremely responsive and smooth. It's a 6 speed and doesn't gear hunt like the 8 speeds. The engines power is instant and buttery smooth, because it's rwd it puts it's 277 lbs of torque down with no problem. It's not slow at all, in economy mode I got 5.1 seconds 0 to 60, if I'm not careful on the freeway I'm hitting 80 without knowing it.

There are of course more powerful V6 engines on the road, Toyota has always picked stability and durability over power, but at 306 HP, this car is no slouch. I also want to note that I didn't buy this car to be the fastest on the road, but to be the most comfortable...with a bit of sportiness when I need it :)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The transmission is amazing, extremely responsive and smooth. It's a 6 speed and doesn't gear hunt like the 8 speeds. The engines power is instant and buttery smooth, because it's rwd it puts it's 277 lbs of torque down with no problem. It's not slow at all, in economy mode I got 5.1 seconds 0 to 60, if I'm not careful on the freeway I'm hitting 80 without knowing it.

There are of course more powerful V6 engines on the road, Toyota has always picked stability and durability over power, but at 306 HP, this car is no slouch. I also want to note that I didn't buy this car to be the fastest on the road, but to be the most comfortable...with a bit of sportiness when I need it :)
Good to know, I was hoping it would not be like the transmission in my RAV4 (“I’m sorry you wanted me to downshift? Well I don’t wanna”).

Decent fuel economy I hope? Is the infotainment that touchpad thing everyone moans about?
Sponsored